Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, AJ said:

I do fear it is quite possible that he might quit at the end of the season, regardless where we finish.

I think he alluded to in the past that Villa may be his last club. In light of recent tragedies, it might be the right time for him to walk, so he can focus on spending time with his family. Blood is thicker than football, and Steve Bruce would be no different.

But for now, he is our manager, and is an important part of the Villa team. I will do my best as a fan and support him and the players by doing what I do best. Sit back, strap in and enjoying the ride.

I do not see this happening at all. 

1 hour ago, Dick said:

It’s funny, those who had doubts are the ones being positive about things. And those who claim to have been alongside Bruce all the way are spending time polluting the thread with angst against those being positive.

This thread is being ruined by those who are gloating. STOP IT. 

One thing I have noted is that TRO hasn’t been gloating and he has every reason to after the stick he has taken by defending Bruce on here. He should be commended for that. Top man.:)

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I do not see this happening at all. 

It is a gloomy, worst case scenario at best. The optimist in me says he will stick around, and use his experience to guide and build the club further. What actually happens, the answer is the same to how long is a piece of string.

1 hour ago, Dick said:

It’s funny, those who had doubts are the ones being positive about things. And those who claim to have been alongside Bruce all the way are spending time polluting the thread with angst against those being positive.

This thread is being ruined by those who are gloating. STOP IT. 

Great post Dick.

Certainly a few folk unnecessarily claiming some sort of victory.

Going over old ground on who said what and when is just really not needed and pathetic and at a time we are where we are in the league - is this all there is on peoples agendas to talk about? :rolleyes:

Moving forward and focusing more on our current position - In the positive grand scheme of things it's great we are second in the table and results last night have helped the cause.

3 more points this weekend and it will be 8 games on the spin. Keep it up Brucie.  :thumb:

• Like 3

I can't see him going anywhere.  If we get up, it's going to be his best opportunity to show what he can do in the PL with the support and ambition of Dr T (leaving aside any concerns that this might not happen).  And TBH, even if his budget is not hundreds of millions, he's shown what he can do on a shoestring under the FFP constraints so I'd expect sensible dealing in the summer rather than an RDM / Timmy trolley-dash for all the players.

If anything the worry could be Engerland coming in for him when we tank in Russia over the summer!

• Like 2

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great post Dick.

Certainly a few folk unnecessarily claiming some sort of victory.

Going over old ground on who said what and when is just really not needed and pathetic and at a time we are where we are in the league - is this all there is on peoples agendas to talk about? :rolleyes:

Moving forward and focusing more on our current position - In the positive grand scheme of things it's great we are second in the table and results last night have helped the cause.

3 more points this weekend and it will be 8 games on the spin. Keep it up Brucie.  :thumb:

Maybe all posts before 2018 should be nuked and we start on a fresh Steve Bruce thread with everyone in a happy place?

5 minutes ago, NIVillan said:

I dont care that I am being proven wrong about Bruce I just love the fact we are winning!

I'm with you, who gives a f***! We have been put wrong by Bruce and he has us in 2nd now in a very strong position.

Let's enjoy the now and put the past behind us. ;)

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

My opinion on how Bruce is doing as Villa manager will largely change depending how Bruce is doing as Villa manager.

At the minute, he's doing pretty damn well, so i'm happy for him to keep plugging away.

Keep it up, Steve.

Spot on, exactly how I see it too. 

THIS THREAD IS FOR DISCUSSING THE MANAGER, NOT FOR DISCUSSING OTHER POSTERS, POINT SCORING, GOING OVER OLD DISAGREEMENTS OR ENDLESSLY REPEATING THE SAME POINTS. PLEASE STICK TO THE TOPIC, VILLANS. THANKS. THE MODS.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

Looking forward to seeing how Bruce gets us performing against Fulham, a very different team to Small Heath.

Very much so, a different game and build up altogether but equally a must win game without the added spice of a Derby.

We will once again have to be on top of our game though and I would love to see Sreve Bruce get 8 wins on the bounce and further banish the negatives that marred most of this season...   atleast for some of us anyway. 

Will he return Bjarnason over Jedinak in CDM? I think the team may remain the same otherwise.

Seems his dads funeral is the morning after our game up at Sunderland so it will be a tough time for him - was good to see him at the game on Sunday and I hope the lads can grind out another 1-0 win at Fulham .

i would hope to see the same team as against blues although if adomah is injured could open the door for green .

7 hours ago, Dave J said:

Absolutely not - you are wrong in my opinion - everyone is entitled to their view and many people on here called for his head and with justifiable reasoning.

for what's it's worth I believe he would have gone last season if the club had not already sacked one manager.

if you are referring to the vitriol of abuse that you feel was levelled at SB i might be inclined to agree with you - but one has to nor should they defend their view of calling for change either last season or up to Christmas- quite rightly now I suggest most people myself included are backing him and the club to get over the line - but you are totally wrong to use the term arse covering - I do wonder if you forget at times this is a forum where all views should be shared freely without fear of this type of response 

I am not so sure that is right Dave.....but your opinion.

1. I understand that RDM was sacked for NOT entirely results....so read in to that what you want, because I am not sure what that means....attitude maybe?, just speculating.

2. They ( The Hierarchy) realised even more so, how big this job is and how many windows and time it might take.....so the original thought of promotion was revisited in their considerations.

4 hours ago, AJ said:

It is a gloomy, worst case scenario at best. The optimist in me says he will stick around, and use his experience to guide and build the club further. What actually happens, the answer is the same to how long is a piece of string.

i think he will.....and I think we are all just coming to realise how his experience and connections are helping us.

Â