Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Wasn’t Little part of the team that recommended Bruce? If Bruce does leave and I think he’ll resign then a major re-think will be  needed on who appoints the next manager.

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Wasn’t Little part of the team that recommended Bruce? If Bruce does leave and I think he’ll resign then a major re-think will be  needed on who appoints the next manager.

Clear to me that the 'brains behind the scenes', whoever they are, do not have a clue what they're doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, striker said:

I can’t see Bruce resigning - he will take the pay off and then launch a barrage of excuses as to why he failed all of which will blame anyone but himself 

• Like 2

I just didn’t get his decision making yesterday with the subs. Yes, agree with who he put on, but where he put them cost us the game. Grealish was causing all sorts of problems up front. So what does he do, moves him out on the left leaving him completely isolated and having no influence on the game. Surely Gabby should have been on the left and Grealish left where he was who could have been linking up with Hogan. I just don’t get him at times.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, thabucks said:

He has to go before any more damage is done. I have been boycotting going now for almost a year for various reasons ( mostly Bruce related tbf )  I have had numerous calls from the ticket office trying to get me to renew my membership and offering me great deals however I have explained to them that until I have something to get behind and get some enjoyment from watching them live they will not got another penny out of me. I can't justify the expense and time away from the family watching the turgid football on offer. Call me out all you want for not being a true fan or whatever but Until he is gone I won't be making much effort to go and watch them play.

He has to go ! He isn't the right man and we have wasted 18months of valuable rebuilding time for the squad on 2 bad managerial appointments. Well done Dr Xia & Wyness !? 

No one can call you out, its your life, your view.

I did the same thing during the 4th season of O'Neill, just packed in going, fed up of turgid football and its basically been the same since.

I have recently come back.....only to see same old, turgid stuff.

I can accept a defeat, if we play a better team......when you just throw stuff away through incomptence, its galling.....and when  its not a one off, its unacceptable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

But, there is absolutely nothing to suggest this abstract ...concept & philisophy will come in, even if we sack Bruce.

we cannot attract Pepe.

Believe me, after that debacle, I am no where near defending him like i have.....that was a shocking display of incompetence.

I watch every match the same flaws, same errors, same weaknesses.....its simply not being addressed.

Even "strictly" you can identify individual improvement.......not with our lot , if it wasn't so serious, it would be an absolute joke.

Respect for that TRO.

Sky post match interview Bruce said he may freshen it up a little for the next game. Beggars belief what he’s going to try next?

Maybe put players in their best positions and then play to their strengths while having a wee look at how the U23s are progressing and actually giving more of those players a chance instead of going for safety first? Oh and never again playing two duffers like Jedinak and Whelan in the spine of your team?

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Respect for that TRO.

Sky post match interview Bruce said he may freshen it up a little for the next game. Beggars belief what he’s going to try next?

Maybe put players in their best positions and then play to their strengths while having a wee look at how the U23s are progressing and actually giving more of those players a chance instead of going for safety first? Oh and never again playing two duffers like Jedinak and Whelan in the spine of your team?

Brentford will be licking their lips - if ever we were set up for a hiding it’s on Boxing Day - i expect at least a 3 goal defeat 

1 minute ago, striker said:

Respect for that TRO.

As you know, i have spent some time defending him.

I am not defending him after the last four games......I still think most of the players are a bit iffy for me....i would count on one hand the ones i would keep.

I think it takes time to iron out individual flaws.....I still see them......we can't win a ball in the air on a regular basis, its just the odd one, we don't dominate, even when we are winning.

its rubbish

• Like 1

I think we would be shocked how much Terry was controlling the team on the pitch. It' no coinidence we have digressed since he has been injured.

If he did it at Chelsea he ain't gonna be scared to over rule a few here!

We need him back a.s.a.p.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I can’t see Bruce resigning - he will take the pay off and then launch a barrage of excuses as to why he failed all of which will blame anyone but himself 

1) Fans never gave me a chance

2) I couldn’t spend as much as the previous man

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

As you know, i have spent some time defending him.

I am not defending him after the last four games......I still think most of the players are a bit iffy for me....i would count on one hand the ones i would keep.

I think it takes time to iron out individual flaws.....I still see them......we can't win a ball in the air on a regular basis, its just the odd one, we don't dominate, even when we are winning.

its rubbish

Think that’s where most of the differences lie now on site TRO. There are some (me included) who feel there’s enough available to Bruce to be doing better than Villa currently are while others feel the players should take some of the responsibility as well.

Irrespective of that maybe we could all agree that in most cases this is the current manager’s squad now and those players who are performing better are in the main the ones who were here before Bruce arrived with few exceptions?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Think that’s where most of the differences lie now on site TRO. There are some (me included) who feel there’s enough available to Bruce to be doing better than Villa currently are while others feel the players should take some of the responsibility as well.

Irrespective of that maybe we could all agree that in most cases this is the current manager’s squad now and those players who are performing better are in the main the ones who were here before Bruce arrived with few exceptions?

I don’t think there are many left defending Bruce now - myself territini and tro have all seen enough  to see change is needed now .

we just need to sway grasshopper ;)

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

All the club are focusing on is Premier League football. It’s a business and that’s where the money is

As far as they’re concerned we are in contention for promotion, be it via the playoffs. To them it makes no (business) sense to sack the manager

Unfortunately that is why we are stuck with Bruce...frustrating as most of us know this will end in tears!

7 minutes ago, Vincenzo said:

All the club are focusing on is Premier League football. It’s a business and that’s where the money is

As far as they’re concerned we are in contention for promotion, be it via the playoffs. To them it makes no (business) sense to sack the manager

Unfortunately that is why we are stuck with Bruce...frustrating as most of us know this will end in tears!

The tipping point is close at hand I feel - if it goes tits up on New Year’s Day then I think change will be swift . 

22 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I don’t think there are many left defending Bruce now - myself territini and tro have all seen enough  to see change is needed now .

not likely, he has never had a bad word to say about him.

unless i have misread his posts.:P

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Eastie said:

I‘ve been driving the hard line since Cardiff in Jan. It just shows how stubborn the logic is on VT.

But I‘m not giving up on Y‘all. I‘m 100% committed and determined to get you all under my Grasshopping wings.

Soon cometh the day

Just now, Grasshopper said:

I‘ve been driving the hard line since Cardiff in Jan. It just shows how stubborn the logic is on VT.

But I‘m not giving up on Y‘all. I‘m 100% committed and determined to get you all under my Grasshopping wings.

Soon cometh the day

Well I think yesterday was a particular milestone in your campaign.

Â