Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If he doesn’t turn this form around then yes. He’s heading that way. 

Personally I think he will turn it round and we’ll finish in the playoffs. Whether we’ll go up from there I don’t know. 

The article you’ve posted is evidence that sacking a manager who has spent a load of money and is underachieving and replacing him win a manager who has spent a load of money and is underachieving is a bit stupid. 

I still think that changing a playing style is not a 5 minute job....thats in support of any manager not just ours.

The thing i am currently struggling to comprehend is the ability of too many of our players to be failing with the basics.

Its just hard to accept.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I still think that changing a playing style is not a 5 minute job....thats in support of any manager not just ours.

The thing i am currently struggling to comprehend is the ability of too many of our players to be failing with the basics.

Its just hard to accept.

I agree. Which is kind of my point. 

I personally think attack on Bruce’s style are greatly exagerrated. It’s quite a lazy criticism imo. 

But if you want a new manager to come in and implement a much more attractive style with so called better football, then it won’t be an overnight fix. 

Thats why I think it’s such a risk to change the manager in our position. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just hard to accept.

I agree Tro, that is why a number of formation, patterns of play need to be practiced preseason. Don't think that has happened, so it might be too late.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Where have I said we shouldn’t change the manager?

One doesnt have to look far

I dont think we should fwiw. But that’s a different point to the one I was making

its after the empty couple of lines

and

Before „fwiw“

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I personally think attack on Bruce’s style are greatly exagerrated. It’s quite a lazy criticism imo. 

But if you want a new manager to come in and implement a much more attractive style with so called better football, then it won’t be an overnight fix. 

Let's see how Boro react to Monk's departure. They're only a point behind us .It will Be very interesting to see our respective league positions, come the seasons end . As for  Bruce's playing style ,I don't even know what style that is ,tbh ,and that's not an exaggeration .

What can't be disputed is how awful the football can be to watch ,which to some can be forgiven, as long as we get three points . But that isn't happening, and the buck stops ,you know where .

Well marco silva says hi.... he transformed the way Hull played in a matter of games.... just saying! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, S-Platt said:

The breaking point will be when Brentford give us a footballing lesson on Boxing Day live to the nation.

Halfway point we are the 6th best team.  Do you think he we will improve the 2nd half of the season?  If the answer is yes you have seen something I have not seen since he has been here.

We have had no luck with injuries but then the manager should have the skills to change things and cover this.

We have a massive chance to go up this year but I have no faith in Bruce to achieve that.  Hope I am wrong.

Brentford giving us a football lesson ,and who cares as long as we win ? I do for one . 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Its just hard to accept.

The thing is though the likes of hourihane Lansbury snodgrass Grealish hogan are all probably suited to more attack minded style and played far better in more attack minded systems - the shackles would be off and they could express themselves better .

bruce hasn’t got any of them anywhere near their best at villa 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

Just now, Eastie said:

The thing is though the likes of hourihane Lansbury snodgrass Grealish hogan are all probably suited to more attack minded style and played far better in more attack minded systems - the shackles would be off and they could express themselves better 

Ain't that the truth ?

Thing is, Bruce has had a season and a half to work with the squad and try to get us to play a different style. You only have to look at Espirito Santo at Wolves to see what can be done over the course of one summer. Yes he's signed some quality players, but it's not like we're bereft of talent for a Championship club either. I genuinely think this is Bruce's best effort at getting us in to the Premier League because it's how he got teams up before. He's too old school for me. We need our own NES or Wagner to come in and make a significant difference.

• Like 1

Looked at starting team info other day. Starting 11 had 7 players 28 or over of that 5 are 30 or over and 2 were 33. No wonder we look the slowest team in the league

We are proper ****. Bruce has **** us and we're going to have to reset all over again soon 

58 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Well marco silva says hi.... he transformed the way Hull played in a matter of games.... just saying! 

Yep. And that happens every time a new manager arrives doesn’t it?

Or is it actually the exact opposite and Silva is an exception?

ive already said if there is an outstanding candidate to take over then I’m all for it. But I don’t think there is. 

If Marco Silva was waiting by the phone then I’d be delivering Bruce’s P45 myself. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

And thats why i tend to agree with you.

despite the horror show yesterday.

The thing with Bruce, he doesn't like fiddling with the squad, he wants to pick the same XI game in game out. Whenever we have a run of successive games it all goes tits up because players get tired, I've lost count the number of times he said he picked the wrong team after the event.

The worst thing about that is it means he ends up isolating players so they become disinterested, and the youngsters only seem to get a look in when there's an injury crisis.

Doyle Hayes and O'Hare must be so frustrated watching the same players fail to deliver time and again yet they dont get their chance.

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Let's see how Boro react to Monk's departure. They're only a point behind us .It will Be very interesting to see our respective league positions, come the seasons end . As for  Bruce's playing style ,I don't even know what style that is ,tbh ,and that's not an exaggeration .

What can't be disputed is how awful the football can be to watch ,which to some can be forgiven, as long as we get three points . But that isn't happening, and the buck stops ,you know where .

Lets put some perspective here.

you are right the football is whatever one wants to call it....but it ain't good.

as a fan who wants to gain some solace in order to continue your footballing faith, you look for positives.....winning kinda does that.....doesn't mean you are totally fulfilled, just means you see no merit in barking up the same old tree, most of the time.....repeating the same things for all of us, achieves nowt.

If you decipher what we are writing, its basically the same thing, its just why, seems to differ in profile.

We need to just remind ourselves how many folk in all designations at B6 have been changed....we have either changed the wrong ones or we have a poor recruitment mechanism.....I wouldn't like to say, other than it hasn't really worked and if it has....marginally, not dramatically.

I have purposely steered clear of Blame, because despite the stuff i see on the pitch, much goes on behind the scenes that is detrimental to things on matchday and i am not privvy too.

I have no allegience to any manager and all of the ones over the last 10 years or so have frustrated me in varying ways.....I have little confidence in the next one.

Do we stick or twist, i am not much help there either, because i can see the merits of both.

Oh!!!   To be a decision maker.

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

Lets put some perspective here.

you are right the football is whatever one wants to call it....but it ain't good.

as a fan who wants to gain some solace in order to continue your footballing faith, you look for positives.....winning kinda does that.....doesn't mean you are totally fulfilled, just means you see no merit in barking up the same old tree, most of the time.....repeating the same things for all of us, achieves nowt.

If you decipher what we are writing, its basically the same thing, its just why, seems to differ in profile.

We need to just remind ourselves how many folk in all designations at B6 have been changed....we have either changed the wrong ones or we have a poor recruitment mechanism.....I wouldn't like to say, other than it hasn't really worked and if it has....marginally, not dramatically.

I have purposely steered clear of Blame, because despite the stuff i see on the pitch, much goes on behind the scenes that is detrimental to things on matchday and i am not privvy too.

I have no allegience to any manager and all of the ones over the last 10 years or so have frustrated me in varying ways.....I have little confidence in the next one.

Do we stick or twist, i am not much help there either, because i can see the merits of both.

Oh!!!   To be a decision maker.

There is no justification for turgid football ,and if your not privy to what goes on behind the scenes ,then how do you know whatever is going on ,is somehow detrimental to our performance on match day ?

Â