Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Hope he's given no money at all in January. It'll make no difference to our fortunes either way.

He can be booted out the moment the final whistle goes in May and we secure 14th position.

28 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If he loses next two I honk he will sacked. Esp a defeat against blose. Losing to two rivals in a month would be difficult for him to survive 

I thought he would be gone long before now. He has more lives than a cat, and I can see him still being here at the end of the season and still trying to gel his team for a promotion push next season.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

If he loses next two I honk he will sacked. Esp a defeat against blose. Losing to two rivals in a month would be difficult for him to survive 

If he gets sacked, I'll be honking alongside you.  :)

But seriously, people make the point that changing managers would be disruptive and unsettling, yet the public perception is that he's a game or two away from the sack, and apparently he rang Harry to discuss his concern that he would be sacked.

I can't imagine it's anything other than unsettling for him and for the club as a whole to be in that position, yet it's the reality.  It seems we have an unsettling situation either way.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I wish you were my boss.  You are incredibly lenient.  Most Deans would see multiple failures over multiple seasons as a sign of failure.  

If I was your boss, i would make sure i had all my facts right before i entered in to dialogue with you.

Its not a question of being lenient or hard nosed....its about being accurate and thats my dilemma....I am not as sure as you that its ALL his fault in a direct sense, maybe indirectly, but thats a slightly different argument.

There is no guaranteed success in every aspect, formula or plan....it all has to be worked on.....sometimes it comes quicker than other times.

I hear your arguments and while i won't dismiss them....I equally, don't know enough of what happens behind the scenes, to feel comfortable about agreeing.

I don't think he has failed per sa.....(and that alone seperates our view)but more like a failure to have acheived the expected improvement in play......there is a subtle difference.

If we are to change manager, we have to consider :

• We are still in a position mathmatically to acheive our objectives, despite the unconvincing offerings on match day....should we risk that now?
  • We are hampered by FFP, assuming the owner has the confidence and wherewithal to spend again.....a new man would want money.
  • We are no more assured that we could find another manager to move us forward from what we have.....we have illustrated that its more difficult than we think from the past.

Its all about risk v reward.....it could be the answer on the other hand, we could shoot ourselves in the foot.

It is not helpful for some  to just default to the likes of Wolves or Huddersfield......for every one of them there is a Leeds and QPR or a Nottingham forest.

However, i do agree with the theory, he is always only a few games away from the tin tack.

Ps i would be much more up for him to go....if i had the confidence of who is likely to come in.

Edited by TRO

49 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I thought he would be gone long before now. He has more lives than a cat, and I can see him still being here at the end of the season and still trying to gel his team for a promotion push next season.

Get outa here. He fails this year and he is a goner. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, peterms said:

If he gets sacked, I'll be honking alongside you.  :)

But seriously, people make the point that changing managers would be disruptive and unsettling, yet the public perception is that he's a game or two away from the sack, and apparently he rang Harry to discuss his concern that he would be sacked.

I can't imagine it's anything other than unsettling for him and for the club as a whole to be in that position, yet it's the reality.  It seems we have an unsettling situation either way.

Win the next 2 and the will change quickly. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I think we will struggle against Blues.....for all the suspicions, i had against Wolves.

Blues and Wolves are entirely different sides....but my point is we will find it just as difficult to impose ourselves.

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Hope he's given no money at all in January. It'll make no difference to our fortunes either way.

He can be booted out the moment the final whistle goes in May and we secure 14th position.

To be honest, i too would be reluctant to give him any more money.....I am disappointed so far in what i have seen in terms of their ability on the ball.

2 hours ago, Dave J said:

We should all be worried by the chasm between us and Wolves that has emerged in such a short space of time.

I would like to have had an opportunity to have spoken to him about our attempt against Wolves.

The problem today is....we can never hear the truth, its all innuendo via the media.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I would like to have had an opportunity to have spoken to him about our attempt against Wolves.

The problem today is....we can never hear the truth, its all innuendo via the media.

It would be helpful if journos would press him a little more.  When he makes comments about not being interested in tactics, they should press him about whether that's just a throwaway remark aimed at blocking further discussion of his tactics, or whether he actually means it, and if so, exploring that further.

Instead, interviews come across as banal and superficial.  What did you think of the game?  When will so-and-so be fit again?  They seem to make poor use of a valuable opportunity to explore things in a bit more depth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I agree this is how we seemed to play vs wolves but the previous four games I didnt not see any of that 

Thats my point though Dem, 4 games isn't a big enough Band-Aid to cover the wound of the last year.  

14 minutes ago, peterms said:

It would be helpful if journos would press him a little more.  When he makes comments about not being interested in tactics, they should press him about whether that's just a throwaway remark aimed at blocking further discussion of his tactics, or whether he actually means it, and if so, exploring that further.

Instead, interviews come across as banal and superficial.  What did you think of the game?  When will so-and-so be fit again?  They seem to make poor use of a valuable opportunity to explore things in a bit more depth.

To be fair, i think we have had lots of managers like that....it is a bit perplexing and I accept it does raise questions.

conversely, i used to listen to Bobby Robson after a match and it was like watching a whole jigsaw coming together, it all made sense and he explained the warts 'n all.

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights and it's clear as day that the players were in a back 5 or 6 whenever Wolves attacked. Hutton and Elmohamady tucked in tight to Chester and Terry, probably because Bruce was worried about their front three passing it around our slower centre backs. That totally nullified the threat of Snodgrass and Adomah though. Even Kodjia was back there ffs! Elmohamady was at fault for their first and only because he was used to having Snodgrass back there covering but he wasn't on that occasion. 

This defensive shit needs to stop because 1) It is boring and 2) It only works (just about) against the lower teams. 

Brucie, please stop with the negative crap and coach some attacking play into our players. Whilst your at it, teach them to close people down quicker!

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, TRO said:

To be fair, i think we have had lots of managers like that....it is a bit perplexing and I accept it does raise questions.

conversely, i used to listen to Bobby Robson after a match and it was like watching a whole jigsaw coming together, it all made sense and he explained the warts 'n all.

Here's a question for you , Tro ,just to lighten the tone .

Did you ever see Jimmy Rimmer, save a penalty for us ?

4 hours ago, TRO said:

To be honest, i too would be reluctant to give him any more money.....I am disappointed so far in what i have seen in terms of their ability on the ball.

Whereas I am disappointed in his failure to properly utilise the players he bought.

11 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I feel like we have been here before. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

I can only see Bruce getting sacked if we went on a dreadful run. Aslong as we are around the playoff  spots he's going nowhere. Fail to make playoffs and he will be sacked. Personally I think we will make the playoffs, but not sure we will progress from there. 

• Like 1

Â