Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

18 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yep. Pretty much sums up his post match interviews regarding the fans.

Well, that is not what he said in the after match interview.....he said the fans in the ground were great and behind the team and me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well, that is not what he said in the after match interview.....he said the fans in the ground were great and behind the team and me.

Yep he did today I think it's just fir people to moan about him. For me like Steve said earlier we won't get promoted playing like that all season. But we have played a lot better and failed to win.

i also think we are starting to see better from some players. Like I said next 5 games will tell us where we are

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I haven't listened to his post match interview but if that is what he has said then that is right. The fans were vocal today, there was plenty of chanting of his name during claret and blue army and one instance of Bruce give us a wave.

I have said before I don't think the anti Bruce feeling in this thread currently represents the wider fan base, certainly not the majority of those who go. I have not heard any anti Bruce chanting and just like today quite the opposite.

I am sure if we continue on this decent run then that will still be the case and the dissenting voices will become fewer. If we don't then those dissenting voices in this thread will obviously become louder and more wide spread. Let's all hope the former is the case.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I haven't seen the post match interview yet, but if that is the case, then that's great.

Its good to see the fans are behind the team. Oh, and also behind you too, TRO. Keep up the good work, buddy. ;)

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

I haven't seen the post match interview yet, but if that is the case, then that's great.

Its good to see the fans are behind the team. Oh, and also behind you too, TRO. Keep up the good work, buddy. ;)

Thanks AJ

i just want us all to get behind the team.....and choose positivity first and negativity second......not the other way around.

We all see the flaws ,still , but the improvement is modest but tangible imo.

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting to hear David Wagner crowing about his clean sheetson MOTD...i wonder if SB would get away with that.:)

Well for 1, they are newly in the PREMIER LEAGUE, and 2, they are totally different managers with totally different games in general. lol

You try too hard FOR Bruce, just as some try too hard AGAINST Bruce.

It's like asking if Bruce would get away with Mourinhos comments about not liking fancy Flicks and tricks.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I haven't listened to his post match interview but if that is what he has said then that is right. The fans were vocal today, there was plenty of chanting of his name during claret and blue army and one instance of Bruce give us a wave.

I have said before I don't think the anti Bruce feeling in this thread currently represents the wider fan base, certainly not the majority of those who go. I have not heard any anti Bruce chanting and just like today quite the opposite.

I am sure if we continue on this decent run then that will still be the case and the dissenting voices will become fewer. If we don't then those dissenting voices in this thread will obviously become louder and more wide spread. Let's all hope the former is the case.

That " give us a wave " chant is more cringe inducing than a Villa throw- in .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

Probably needs 2.15 or so per game from here on in for Automatic promotion.

Which would surpass anything he's ever done . In fact it's equivalent over a whole season to getting 100 points which doesn't happen often !!! 

On the other hand it's a tall order for anyone.......so maybe the Club have already decided there's no point gambling.

I dunno what the club think, but it’s what I think, terry.

absolutely every managerial appointment or change or decision not to change is a gamble, and not only that, the odds are uncertain, too.

in terms of villa and Bruce - he’s not doing so badly as to warrant the sack, or so well as to warrant a “sign him up on a longer deal”. We know the downsides of repeated managerial changes - the pay offs, the upheaval, the turnover of players, the adjustments and all of that. Many of the things that have led us to where we are, in fact. My bottom line is that while I don’t personally rate the bloke as a manager and never have, they chose him, he’s here, and bluntly unless there’s a nigh on guaranteed certainty for promotion manager sitting out there, available ( there isn’t) then sticking with Bruce is less of a punt against the odds than potting him would be. And the club really needs stability.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Thanks AJ

i just want us all to get behind the team.....and choose positivity first and negativity second......not the other way around.

We all see the flaws ,still , but the improvement is modest but tangible imo.

If only the manager chose positivity first.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Interesting to hear David Wagner crowing about his clean sheetson MOTD...i wonder if SB would get away with that.:)

They had more shots and an equal amount of the play. A Bruce 0-0 is one shot on target and feeling lucky to survive. Secondly,  we have a much bigger budget than Huddersfield, our strikeforce probably cost more than their team. And finally, with all that in mind - Wagner got them promoted and they currently look a lot more confident and assured in that league than we do in this one.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Have to say thought his post match comments were good. Much better attitude than previously. Acknowledged the start to the season wasn't good enough and that's why he was asked serious questions, used the word slightly to describe us improving and said there's a long way to go. 

It was humble and it that kind of interview will do more to build back bridges with those he's lost than his aggressive ones. 

This time next week we could be top 6 and if I'm honest that will start to get me back on side believing in him.

Thats where i am at. Reading a lot if these comments you would think we lost the game and were miles from the play off positions.

The real test come after the Bolton game but i think we will be prepared and hopefully the team will have a better understanding. Barring Whelan i did notice the passing and understanding of the players bad improved to previous games.

Â