Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Go a goal ahead and defend - wtf is that all about? It's so negative and dire to watch and all you find yourself doing is sitting there thinking "they will score next. It really is not good enough and, like Trent says, not good enough to get us up. 

• Like 4

we won. yay, good for us, never unhappy when we win.  However, as per the spell when he first came into the club, grinding out results is not sustainable. Like last year, there's every chance that after this short run we could go another 10 games without winning.  We may will win the next two games ( we should ) as burton and bolton are shitter sides but it won't really reveal anything overly positive if we do, aside from the fact that outspending smaller clubs by a massive amount allows you to get by with individual star quality - ala kodja last year. That's not me trying to take away credit if we do win, just saying, it woudn't be remarkably noteworthy. I'll caveat that by saying full credit could be given if we dominate and play well across the team for at least 70% of the match, but the rolling judgement of his 40 odd games would suggest caution on that possibility.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Dick said:

We invite pressure, it is no wonder we make mistakes. Sit deep, invite pressure and because there is no space to pass the ball into, we make mistakes time and time again which invites more and more pressure, leading to more mistakes.

I said to the people who sit by me that if we continue to let them have so much of the ball eventually they would get through and punish us, and so it proved to be. 

We are so poor at ball retention and taking the ball.  OK so you let them spray the ball about in non danger areas but if they have it for so long and you constantly give it back to them, eventually you will make a mistake, they will get some luck or someone will come out with some brilliance to make it happen. 

It's horrible to watch and gives you no enjoyment whatsoever and you are constantly on edge waiting for it to go wrong. 

Get rid, he is awful and I don't care that he got the result.  It will go wrong too often to support a promotion charge. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You realize we're not QPR or Brentford right? Our ambition is to win the league given the resources we have and spent and the wealth of talent at our disposal. People aren't wrong in being concerned that this ambition won't be realized despite some good recent results.

What you're implying is like Manchester City fans being completely satisfied with scraping past Burnleys and Swanseas a couple of times playing turgid football while United and Chelsea are 7 points clear of them already putting teams to the sword. 

Man City are buying the best talents in world football, are you really comparing them to Villa? 

Just now, Genie said:

Man City are buying the best talents in world football, are you really comparing them to Villa? 

Well, he is right. They are the richest team in that league and are expected to win games against others. He isn’t saying we are like for bloody like.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

A good win and nice to win back to back but the football was dire. If people homestly think we will go up playing like that frankly I think they are kidding themselves just as Bruce seems to be about how his teams play. 

To be honest we played pretty shit but defended well most the game. We would have lost or drawn that game last season. I would say thwre has bern some progress. 

One of the key things for me this season is is other members of the team other than kodj are scoring.

If.we keep growing in confidence i see no reason why we cant go up under him. Im not a fan of bruce but he has turned it around fact last few games. Can he keep it up? Next two games will tell us as after that the toughies come in

• Like 1

It's awful stuff. We did this last year too, had a few decent results with bad performances. We'll be found out yet. Might not be Tuesday night or next Saturday but we'll be got. Never felt so deflated after a win. Seemingly by today's showing our plan A of attack is to get taylor and elmo to launch it to davis who holds it up for a guy in whelan who can't run and hourihane to come onto it. After that, we just wing it.

• Like 1

Just now, Johnnyp said:

It's awful stuff. We did this last year too, had a few decent results with bad performances. We'll be found out yet. Might not be Tuesday night or next Saturday but we'll be got. Never felt so deflated after a win. Seemingly by today's showing our plan A of attack is to get taylor and elmo to launch it to davis who holds it up for a guy in whelan who can't run and hourihane to come onto it. After that, we just wing it.

Im not a bruce fan why are you deflated?? We won im delighted

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

To be honest we played pretty shit but defended well most the game. We would have lost or drawn that game last season. I would say thwre has bern some progress. 

One of the key things for me this season is is other members of the team other than kodj are scoring.

If.we keep growing in confidence i see no reason why we cant go up under him. Im not a fan of bruce but he has turned it around fact last few games. Can he keep it up? Next two games will tell us as after that the toughies come in

Next two games tell us nothing. We'll probably beat Burton and Bolton playing no better than we did today. And steve Bruce will still be a crap manager .

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lose = moan

draw = moan

win by the odd goal = moan

win comprehensively = moan

back to back wins = moan

inbeaten run = moan

Stuck in the championship = moan

FFP issues in the summer = moan

Long term damage = moan

Nothing you've mentioned matters until we are back in the prem and he achieves the target set for him. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Next two games tell us nothing. We'll probably beat Burton and Bolton playing no better than we did today. And steve Bruce will still be a crap manager .

You've already written off the next 2 games cos we'll probably win, pfff how annoying.

4 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

For the first time since probably MON I am very confident we will win 4 league games in a row. 

And i' d still have very little faith he will get us promoted. Win them though and he will be on the track to proving a lot of us wrong. 

When we come up against a side with a bit of quality about them were going to come unstuck.

We look bang average and midtable at best certainly not good enough to get in the top 6.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Â