Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

I never had a problem with the result. It's 3 points. The brentford game was a dross performance and dross result, this was a dross performance and good result. But we'll be found out against better teams. I'm not nit picking here but can't pretend it was a good performance either. And i wouldn't say were comfortable.  Brereton nearly put forest up after they equalised. 

You could say what ifs with all the chances we missed though. Had we taken our chances in other games we would be much higher. Funny thing is we payed better against hull and drew. 

For me performance wasn't great but it wasn't dreadful either. It was just a professional job. We passed the ball well around well ( well when whelan wasn't involved same with onomah)

defended well in most parts. Created opportunities and looked dangerous. Am happy with the win, we can be much better but I am thinking we are heading better. Next 5 games will tell us

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I've no problem with any of that but it's not surprising you are more forgiving if you'd be ok with 6th.

Im afraid for me anything less than top 2 is a big failure considering the time and backing he will have had.

And to finish 6th it means we can be as low as maybe 12/13th even as late as April. Our sights should be higher . In my view.

If we finish 6th and got promoted you would not be happy terry?

Probably needs 2.15 or so per game from here on in for Automatic promotion.

Which would surpass anything he's ever done . In fact it's equivalent over a whole season to getting 100 points which doesn't happen often !!! 

On the other hand it's a tall order for anyone.......so maybe the Club have already decided there's no point gambling.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

When we come up against a side with a bit of quality about them were going to come unstuck.

We look bang average and midtable at best certainly not good enough to get in the top 6.

We got completely turned over by Cardiff, total massacre. Yes we'll win some, possibly a few on the bounce now, but we will lose too many and for certain when we come up against a good team we will be totally outclassed. 

Very worried about Wolves now.  We rarely play well against them even when we were superior. Most of our wins have been well against the run of play in the games. 

A hammering from a local rival could really set us back. 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Thought we were poor today and pretty fortunate to get the win.

I won't complain with 3 points, but we won't win many games playing like that.

It's exactly how I felt during our good spell last year  

It just can't be sustainable over 40 plus games. 

• Like 4

Just now, TrentVilla said:

From my perspective they are gambling sticking with him.

I agree I was trying to think how they may see it.

For me yes, they are taking a huge risk. If you believe, as I do, Bruce will have us way off the pace, then the risk is in keeping him. I just wonder if they think it's beyond anyone else just as much as him, if that makes sense,

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Thought we were poor today and pretty fortunate to get the win.

I won't complain with 3 points, but we won't win many games playing like that.

Which is why he needs to go. It's the only way we play. We can stumble into a few wins, in a row even...but it won't last. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Totally agree.

It reminds me of years and years of watching Inger-Lund qualify for competition after competition playing variations of poor football and being told " it's the results that matter" ...

...and everyone who was anyone saying we will come unstuck as soon as we play anybody any good because we have no real fixed idea how we play, we chop and change, we don't look after the ball, we rely on individual flashes of skill.

Its a lower level, with lower level competition, and we have the huge advantage of some of the Leagues best players, but ...

...Feels just the same to me. Sorry if to some people that's "Moaning".

This is EXACTLY what it's like. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Dave.

I think you took me too literally before and missed my point, so just for the avoidance of doubt and to save on the questions about which Dave, Dave doesn't exist.

I made him up to counter the daft point you seem to be making counter a point I wasn't arguing, from a flippant comment I made in response to a post moaning about people having a different opinion and daring to be critical in the aftermath of a win.

PS. Just to repeat, Dave isn't real.

Too right I missed your point. :)

Anyone fancy a pint?

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Lose = moan

draw = moan

win by the odd goal = moan

win comprehensively = moan

back to back wins = moan

inbeaten run = moan

Yep. Pretty much sums up his post match interviews regarding the fans.

On 9/22/2017 at 22:06, VillaCas said:

I can see you're on a wind up TRO - your memory may be failing you but all my posts at the time were supporting the signing of Wagner. If we had done so I'm convinced we would be a PL team again now 

It seems you are conveniently ignoring my point......IF he was not doing well, would you have mentioned him.....did you mention him when he finished 19th.....if you did ,then fair dinkums.

32 minutes ago, terrytini said:

If we finish 6th and don't get promoted will you be happy ?

I answered that earlier terry. I said for me promotion is the objective whether that's via play offs o automatic anything less is failure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yep. Pretty much sums up his post match interviews regarding the fans.

He didn't mention the fans though today barring praising them for getting behind the team. I do feel he should stop talking about hysteria and that nonsense though

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Dave.

I think you took me too literally before and missed my point, so just for the avoidance of doubt and to save on the questions about which Dave, Dave doesn't exist.

I made him up to counter the daft point you seem to be making counter a point I wasn't arguing, from a flippant comment I made in response to a post moaning about people having a different opinion and daring to be critical in the aftermath of a win.

PS. Just to repeat, Dave isn't real.

Why 'make up posters'? 

Â