Terry (bruce signing) 

Chester (rdm)

Taylor (bruce signing) 

Jedinak (rdm signing)

Hourihane (bruce signing)

Grealish (neither)

Snodgrass (bruce signing)

Adomah (RDM signing)

Davis/Hogan( bruce gave chance/bruce signing) thats only three signings of rdm and one who was already here in grealish.

Thats what 25%. Then the options he tends to use whelan, lansbury and onomah are all bruce signings. Therefore its mainly bruces rebuild job not that he inherited a strong team. 

Did i say he inherited all?

A combination of who he inherited and who he has signed has provided us with one of the strongest squads in the league. 

Lets not forget he also inherited players, who weren't contributing and who were moved on for good amounts of money, thus allowing this negative net spend. 

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Can we all just agree that Bruce is shit and just get behind the team. 

I, for one, can. No f***** booing our players even if we're shiet for the rest of the season please. Positive reinforcement only por favor or you might as well stay home and bitch at the tv/computer. UTV!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Absolutely agree.

Clustering the thread with antagonising reaction seeking bullshit posts - then moaning the thread is of full of repetitive shite and causing more crap and cluttering further when no one agrees with their original bullshit degraging insulting posts?

If this stopped then it may be more positive if you will.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Wasn't JT deciding between us and Blues before joining us?

Any team who can spend £25m+ (Wolves) can afford JT on a £100k/wk deal for a season (I don't think he's on this amount).  Don't kid yourself.

Even the doctor has alluded to the wages Wolves are paying being low for the quality they have. I suppose when the bloke buying you is your agent all sorts of deals can be done to navigate FFP anyway back to Bruce. I’m glad he’s ready realised we need energy in midfield. We are lucky he’s so experienced to notice this. Or did he read this forum from about 4 months ago?

About three weeks I posted that I would be devastated if Bruce was still here and we hit the 1,500 page mark.  Well, it looks like my worst fears are coming true and we will pass the 1,500 page milestone with us continuing to play boring negative football, and having little to no confidence in our manager. However, I can look forward knowing that one of two scenarios will likely come to fruition. Either:

1. Somehow we manage to scrape a play-off place and win promotion to the Premier League in a scrappy 1-0 encounter at Wembley.          OR
  2. He is fired the day after we get promotion and the Villa immediately appoint Dean Smith

Obviously, I'd prefer to go up this season, but I'll happily take option 2 if we don't. There you have it, either one will do.

12 hours ago, vreitti said:

With this "beg, steal and borrow" rhetoric, he is certainly trying to lower the expectations, and convey the message he's been hard done by the club. Why else would he mention it? 

If anyone's been hard done by , it's us supporters ,who have had to stomach the turgid drivel that's been masquerading as football for the last , I don't know how many months it's been  , but too many ,as far as I'm concerned .

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Even the doctor has alluded to the wages Wolves are paying being low for the quality they have. I suppose when the bloke buying you is your agent all sorts of deals can be done to navigate FFP anyway back to Bruce. I’m glad he’s ready realised we need energy in midfield. We are lucky he’s so experienced to notice this. Or did he read this forum from about 4 months ago?

No mention of "guile" ?

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I guess you are right - but I'm afraid this is football and emotions do run high and ultimately we all want somewhere to vent frustration and again ultimately this is always the manager - but I fully applaud the sentiment 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, omariqy said:

Friends? I don't know any of them. I have just put forward my opinions. I try and be balanced and say it as I see it. 

I have defended Bruce on here plenty as well and I am sure I have agreed with you plenty. I was talking about your original post which was the one liner and where you did make out that tactics didn't matter. Obviously I know you don't believe that as it would be silly too but both you and @TRO both downplay tactics. I get it. I have played football as well and at that level it's different. At the professional level, I have spoken to top class players as part of my job day in and day out. The amount of planning, tactics, strategy needed is crazy. Even Sam Allardyce who gets slated on here is meticulous with everything. It's not as simple as buying the best players and putting them on a pitch. That doesn't work anymore. At least not consistently. 

I don't down play tactics.....I just don't hang on to it like the be all and end all to beat the manager with......There are many many factors to consider and I don't believe a professional football manager like Bruce dismisses it either.

There is a subtle difference between putting a subject in perspective and dismissing it out of hand.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Once again, stuck in a forum which is behaving like a forum does/should and being dragged into adding some words wishing it wasn't behaving like a forum. :D  Kudos @TRO. Admirable attempt earlier this morning at galvanising the troops. Ultimately I feel nothing has really changed for what feels like about a 1000 pages in here in that those who will ONLY accept a top 2 finish are unmoved in their opinions. Those happy enough with progress not perfection are happy enough to see where it/he takes us. Everyone's basically unhappy/unconvinced with the way we play sometimes. Everyone is well aware of the financial implications of not making it up this year. Play offs are such a lottery we all want to avoid by grabbing second place - and while for Bruce, Xia et al - with all the investment that's gone in over the last couple of years anything but second MUST be classed as a failure if only in the short term - those attacking Bruce right now are right in saying that other clubs would love to be able to play with our budget and underacheiving somewhat. Just life is not always about getting what you pay for and a top 6 finish would be an improvement on last year whether we go up or not. Everyone basically feels he's doing ok though right? Ok being not that great and not that bad.

3 or 4 things can happen from here imo. None of which involve Bruce leaving much before the summer. We can grab second place. We can go up via the play offs. We can lose in the play offs. We can miss out on the play offs.

Pointing out we're shit and getting annoyed by a loss or having no faith in the manager is one thing. Calling for his head when we lie 5 points off a promotion place with 20 games to go is just counterproductive imo. Most probable outcome to all of this is those calling for his head will get their wish and that will be because we miss out on promotion. Then no one's happy.

UTV :D

• Like 4

Â