Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

I‘ve been driving the hard line since Cardiff in Jan. It just shows how stubborn the logic is on VT.

But I‘m not giving up on Y‘all. I‘m 100% committed and determined to get you all under my Grasshopping wings.

Soon cometh the day

Where do we sign you old rascal ;)

Two points from the last nine isn't what I expected. I expected 6 but would of been okay with four.

Sadly, we are making individual errors in critical defensive areas, and we aren't scoring enough goals.

Problem is, Terry isn't going to be back quick enough and neither is Codger. Our defensive unit relied on support for Chester from Terry and Samba, who both played very well, but both are now injured. We are relying our best center midfield from last season, who has been out most of the season through injury to come in an sort it out. If Jedi had been playing all season, I belief he could of dropped in there, but it has been a mistake and Bruce needs to rectify it before the next game.

Our forward line has been decimated by injury also, and we are relying on 19 year old with his training wheels still on to be our savior in front of goal. Even though, he has done fairly well, he needs more support closer to their goal.

Two center backs, one center midfielder (Jedi), and three forwards injured for a good part of the season, doesn't make for our best team, when our best central defender, center midfielder, and forward are missing.

The squad is good enough but sadly they and Bruce have made mistakes. Bruce with player placement and players with Sunday League errors.

Injuries have been an obstacle this season and would be for any manager, but if we don't get six points from the next nine and are outside the top six then I will join GH's bandwagon and say he needs to go.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Junxs said:

Should have been sacked February/March last season. Its been so obvious this wasnt going to work under Bruce since then.

This !!!!

sorry, looking at another site and really tired of being told that seeing Bruce isn’t working is reactionary, emotional, hysterical, uneducated. Short-sighted, interested in being right not what’s best for club,  Well here’s a new adjective for seeing it.  “Right.”  

Sorry for the rant.  Somebody here posted a week ago that they felt compelled to post support for Bruce when OTT criticisms were posted.  Well, I’m similar.  I feel compelled to post on his complete ineptitude when supporters turn to attacks and ridicule against those who see his flaws so clearly.  

Sorry, not happening on here since Sheffield, but I needed to stop reading that other site, and jumped straight here.   Sorry, MOST on here are genuine and willing to reason.   I just needed a vent.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, av1 said:

Just to add to this. Middlesbrough are only 3 points behind us. They have a much weaker squad (imo), and have spent considerably less (Assombalonga sp?) aside. I wonder if the footballing world are ripping the piss out of Middlesbrough this morning for sacking Monk?

They are behind us, which means they also out of the play-off places. They have also had some strange managerial changes in recent history with the Karanka saga and, they have sacked a manager with very little managerial experience, so you could argue they may be more lenient with them than they would be with us. 

16 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

This !!!!

sorry, looking at another site and really tired of being told that seeing Bruce isn’t working is reactionary, emotional, hysterical, uneducated. Short-sighted, interested in being right not what’s best for club,  Well here’s a new adjective for seeing it.  “Right.”  

Sorry for the rant.  Somebody here posted a week ago that they felt compelled to post support for Bruce when OTT criticisms were posted.  Well, I’m similar.  I feel compelled to post on his complete ineptitude when supporters turn to attacks and ridicule against those who see his flaws so clearly.  

Sorry, not happening on here since Sheffield, but I needed to stop reading that other site, and jumped straight here.   Sorry, MOST on here are genuine and willing to reason.   I just needed a vent.  

You don't need a vent mate - you need a change of manager!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Interestingly Monk was sacked because of the playing style, they felt that style would not help them get promoted..

What is Keith Wyness & Xia doing right now? 

Monk would surely have taken the Swansea keep-the-ball and play-it-out-from-the-back style that Martinez and Rodgers oversaw, to 'Boro?  I guess they don't think they have the players to do that. 

24 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

This !!!!

Stop looking at other sites.:)

this is the "Bruce out"site.......Grasshopper has been breeding, you know what those grasshoppers are like......all Green with envy, when SB ***** up.....and breeds a few more hoppers.

Edited by TRO

6 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Monk would surely have taken the Swansea keep-the-ball and play-it-out-from-the-back style that Martinez and Rodgers oversaw, to 'Boro?  I guess they don't think they have the players to do that. 

There lies the danger.

Zola thought he could play that game at Blues.

I have no problem playing ugly and winning......it's incompetence, where i draw the line.

No more Jed as a defender, no more Whelan in midfield.

We have to look to Doyle Hayes and O'Hare to improve the quality of our play.

Elphick is an experienced defender and the only senior defender we have left, yes he's been less than great for us but still better than Jed. Or play Clark there.

I would bring Hutton back also. Either way we have to change things as we are now in flogging a dead horse territory.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

There lies the danger.

I have no problem playing ugly and winning......it's incompetence, where i draw the line.

The only thing I would change is that I DO have problem playing ugly and winning. It’s not a long mg term strategy for success.  Having said that, I have been willing to tolerate it at times, in hopes it was an intermediary phase in our transition to a football team.  See TRO, I did read and consider your posts.  

But playing ugly and winning is not a strategy.  It’s a consolation.  At least in this day and age.   I’ll be glad for the points next time we win, but winning ugly is still an indication of a club with a poor strategy for success.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, villarocker said:

If we overlook the technicalities for one moment,  the point i'm trying to make is that the management at that club had the foresight to make that decision.

The question is whether our management can make a similar enough decision. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

The only thing I would change is that I DO have problem playing ugly and winning. It’s not a long mg term strategy for success.  Having said that, I have been willing to tolerate it at times, in hopes it was an intermediary phase in our transition to a football team.  See TRO, I did read and consider your posts.  

But playing ugly and winning is not a strategy.  It’s a consolation.  At least in this day and age.   I’ll be glad for the points next time we win, but winning ugly is still an indication of a club with a poor strategy for success.  

Bruce has got it half right, we are playing ugly. If only he got the other half of the equation right. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, TRO said:

There lies the danger.

To be honest I didn't mind it and I expected it under Bruce. I expected a similar style to MON which is an effective way to play. However, we don't even play that. I honestly don't know what we are playing.

10 minutes ago, omariqy said:

To be honest I didn't mind it and I expected it under Bruce. I expected a similar style to MON which is an effective way to play. However, we don't even play that. I honestly don't know what we are playing.

Evidently neither does Bruce

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, omariqy said:

We are playing:

Luck

and

Give it to Kodjia

Sack Bruce and replace him with Monk or Carvahal. Two managers just sacked for underperforming at their respective clubs and leaving them out of the promotion race.

VillaTalk. Absolutely mental :D 

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sack Bruce and replace him with Monk or Carvahal. Two managers just sacked for underperforming at their respective clubs and leaving them out of the promotion race.

VillaTalk. Absolutely mental :D 

Because if someone has failed, they are sure to fail from then on?   You are aware that Bruce just failed to gain promotion last season, right?   We finished out of the promotion race as I recall.  

Keeping him is equally mental, right?

Edited by srsmithusa

2 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

Because if someone has failed, they are sure to fail from then on?   You are aware that Bruce just failed to gain promotion last season, right?   We finished out of the promotion race as I recall.  

Keeping him is equally mental, right?

He finished some way of the playoffs, but taking over what he did, he did okay. Nothing special but okay. This is the season he has to get us promoted, and even though he should be closer to the top two, he still has a chance of doing that.

He could still possibly get us through the playoff but even that is the case. This style of football won't keep us in the Premier League for long. I'm would be happy to see him go at the end of the season even if we do go up.

Recent results have been poor and we haven't been able to capitalize on slip-ups of other teams. The next few games are crucial to him and the team, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Dr. has already sounded managers out.

Â