Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Really?

what a difference a day makes

slowly but surely the „we‘ll get up through the playoffs with Bruce“ is rearing its ugly head.

This is not Bruce‘s fault it‘s Christmas‘s fault

Christmas Out

Edited by Grasshopper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Really?

what a difference a day makes

slowly but surely the „we‘ll get up through the playoffs with Bruce“ is rearing its ugly head.

This is not Bruce‘s fault it‘s Christmas‘s fault

Christmas Out

You need ( sooooooooommmmmmeeeeeeee) stuffing.....

with your Turkey:D

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's at risk. it would be at risk if we were 3rd.

What I meant was if it looks like we WON'T finish in the playoffs under Bruce.

I don't know how you define "more than an outside chance". 

My opinion is there is a good chance we'll finish in the playoffs under Bruce. Whilst that's the case I don't think the gamble of sacking him is worth it.
If it  gets to the point where there is a good chance we won't finish in the playoffs, then that's when I would say the gamble is worth it.

I personally wouldn't let it get to the point where it looks like we won't finish in the playoffs but I take your point.

But here's my issue with it. The goal of making the playoffs is to ultimately win them and get promoted. It looks like we absolutely won't do that under Bruce (which is assuming we make it there in the first place). We're halfway through the season and we haven't beaten a single top 6 team. Our record against the top 6 (excluding us and including Sheffield United) is:

P6 W0 D3 L3 

No way we're going to get promoted playing like that against the top team. So why even persist with him if our ultimate goal?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I personally wouldn't let it get to the point where it looks like we won't finish in the playoffs but I take your point.

But here's my issue with it. The goal of making the playoffs is to ultimately win them and get promoted. It looks like we absolutely won't do that under Bruce (which is assuming we make it there in the first place). We're halfway through the season and we haven't beaten a single top 6 team. Our record against the top 6 (excluding us and including Sheffield United) is:

P6 W0 D3 L3 

No way we're going to get promoted playing like that against the top team. So why even persist with him if our ultimate goal?

KB, there‘s far much logic in that post

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

P6 W0 D3 L3 

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree with it. 

Our results against teams around us haven’t been good enough. But given how the games went I’d back us to beat both Sheffield Utd and Derby with a full strength (or close to full strength) team over two legs.

Leeds was a scrappy game so it’s hard to say but they didn’t look like anything special. 

So I’d be pretty hopeful or beating those kind of teams. Sure it’s a risk. But I’d rather take that risk than risk appointing someone new. Especially one of the names being thrown around in here.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, peterms said:

If things continue as they have in the first half of the season, then we will finish in the playoffs and fail to beat any of the teams that also finish in the playoffs.  Based on what has happened so far.

Don't you think so?

The aim is to get out of this division.  Being in the playoffs and not being promoted is not the aim, nor would it represent an unfortunate but acceptable effort, as it might for say Millwall or Burton.

The continuing poor performances and inconsistency leave many of us thinking that we'll be lucky even to make the playoffs, but surely anyone who thinks we will start to do well against better teams having spent half a season not doing so, must have some reason for that belief other than simple hope?  What could that reason be?

The reason for me is as I’ve said above. 

Yes our results against teams around us haven’t been good but we’ve played all of them except for Wolves in our bad runs when we have injuries and we’re in poor form. 

If we’d played Derby and Sheffield Utd a month/6 weeks before we did I think we’d have beaten them both. 

The assumption that we’ll be in better form and have a full strength team by the playoffs is of course a gamble. But not as much of a gamble as changing the manager at this stage. Imo. 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That’s your opinion. I don’t agree with it. 

Our results against teams around us haven’t been good enough. But given how the games went I’d back us to beat both Sheffield Utd and Derby with a full strength (or close to full strength) team over two legs.

Leeds was a scrappy game so it’s hard to say but they didn’t look like anything special. 

So I’d be pretty hopeful or beating those kind of teams. Sure it’s a risk. But I’d rather take that risk than risk appointing someone new. Especially one of the names being thrown around in here.

Who's to say we'll have a full strength team during the playoffs? We didn't fail to win any of those games because we didn't have full strength teams...it was because of the way we approach those games. We play them like we have no intention to win them, and so far we've done exceptionally well to achieve that goal. 

You would hope this flawed approach would be changed for the playoffs where the whole point is to win, but I've learned not to overestimate Steve Bruce.

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I am not sure what you mean, but lets have a stab.

You think its all manager and no one else has any attachment of fault.....I'm saying, if and I emphasise If, we knew the warts 'n all we may, only may have a different view.If we got to to speak to him, we may have a different view....its possible, that all.

That is not excusing him......its understanding the framework he has to work in.

what if we sack him.....and nothing changes?......and all the expense that goes with it.

What Then?

What if we keep him and the result stays crap?  What then?

18 hours ago, TRO said:

You think its all manager and no one else has any attachment of fault.....I'm saying, if and I emphasise If, we knew the warts 'n all we may, only may have a different view.If we got to to speak to him, we may have a different view....its possible, that all.

That is not excusing him......its understanding the framework he has to work in.

what if we sack him.....and nothing changes?......and all the expense that goes with it.

What Then?

18 hours ago, TRO said:

What Then?

18 hours ago, TRO said:

What Then?

43 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

@srsmithusa no matter how often you say it, some people just dont wanna do logic

Because Logic dictates that if we recruit a guy that hasn't managed for 20 years and have an assistant that hasn't even got his coaching badges yet they will still do a better job than Steve Bruce. 

yep, some people just don't wanna do logic. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

Then we’re ****. 

The same way we’re **** if we get a new manager in and it takes him 2 months to embed his new style, or the players aren’t happy because we sacked a manager they liked, or he buys new players in January and they don’t gel for a few games. 

We we could be **** either way. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Then we’re ****. 

The same way we’re **** if we get a new manager in and it takes him 2 months to embed his new style, or the players aren’t happy because we sacked a manager they liked, or he buys new players in January and they don’t gel for a few games. 

We we could be **** either way. 

well

at least the new guy would have a headstart over all the other clubs at f******** it upp

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Because Logic dictates that if we recruit a guy that hasn't managed for 20 years and have an assistant that hasn't even got his coaching badges yet they will still do a better job than Steve Bruce. 

yep, some people just don't wanna do logic. 

Which part of „BL as temporary boss till DrT appoints a new manager“

Even a 20year out of date BL is more tuned in to some sort of football style than a useless Brucasaurus

even ‚arry would get more out of us v Brentford & BristolC than Bruce ffs

or do you want to see Jedi at CB again? more RB‘s than strikers

FFS Bruce cant even „tactic“ a way through a home game with a 2 goal lead after 10mins

Get rid now

ANYBODY in

Even tro

11 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Which part of „BL as temporary boss till DrT appoints a new manager“

Even a 20year out of date BL is more tuned in to some sort of football style than a useless Brucasaurus

even ‚arry would get more out of us v Brentford & BristolC than Bruce ffs

or do you want to see Jedi at CB again? more RB‘s than strikers

FFS Bruce cant even „tactic“ a way through a home game with a 2 goal lead after 10mins

Get rid now

ANYBODY in

Even tro

You even said yourself before kick off that Bruce had selected the correct team (for only the second time ever in your view).

Now you are having a dig he played Jed at the back. Thats why your views hold no credibility.

I can't stand Bruce as a manager but some of your posts are cringe worthy and make you sound like you know nothing what's so ever about football. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

You even said yourself before kick off that Bruce had selected the correct team (for only the second time ever in your view). 

Yes, Jedi has played well before at CB. Bruce played a high line - I would have thought even an idiot knows you dont play a high line

Now you are having a dig he played Jed at the back. Thats why your views hold no credibility.  

I asked if YOU wanted to see Jedi at the back.

BTW - Playing jedi at the back is ok when we dont have to deal with pace or over the top balls - again Bruce hanging a player out to dry

I can't stand Bruce as a manager but some of your posts are cringe worthy and make you sound like you know nothing what's so ever about football. 

Merrs xmas to you to

I‘ll ignore that and revert you back to my opinions that say we wont get promoted if bruce isnt sacked

Â