Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

If we play like we are playing right now for the rest of the season then obviously we won’t make the playoffs. 

But we won’t. We’re on a shit run of form and we’re still 5th. 

I think we’ll pick back up and comfortably finish in the top 6. 

Whether we can then win the playoffs is up for debate. I wouldn’t be too confident but we’d have a chance. 

I hope you're right Steve and I hope that I'm completely wrong. I fear for the long term future of the club if we are still down here next season.

56 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

The chances of Bruce being sacked before the end of the season are about as high as Man City not to win the league. It is not going to happen.  A defeat seems to generate far more comments than 2,3 wins on the bounce on this site.

I am more positive than negative at the moment- though that seems to be the minority on here.  If we go on a bad run now then yeah obviously that could ruin the season but I  would like to think we are made of stronger stuff this year.  Terry will be back soon which will be a big bonus, Davis might improve with a week off and Sheffield United are on a bad run. 2 wins over Christmas could well change the mood music again.

We are on a bad run. 2 points from 9 and 1 goal in 270 minutes is not something that is just an anamoly 

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

You're all dreaming if you think Bruce will get the sack before the end of the season. 

Yes mate you are right the only way bruce will get the sack this season is if we can't make the playoffs. That's not something I want to think about too much.

Big game for Bruce next weekend.

Sheffield Utd are now reverting to what they really are - a newly promoted team who were playing way way above their level due to good work by their manager on the training pitch and players busting a gut to make an impression in this league.

They haven't won in 5 and have lost 4 of those (the other being a draw at home to Blues), so there should be no excuse for failing to get 3 points.

34 minutes ago, TRO said:

Maybe we need to exhibit more bravery like sunderland, they introduce josh maja 18 and bingo....these young guys are fearless, we need to try O'Hare.

You'll be waiting a while for Bruce to give o'hare and McKirdy a proper go.

Newcastle United, who were miles ahead of Villa last season, are now struggling in the Premier League relegation zone. If by some miracle Villa scrape promotion through one of the play off positions they will get royally f***** next season with dinosaur Bruce in charge and an owner that doesn't know his arse from his elbow where football is concerned.

An average manager would have this team on more than Bruce.

I'd have happily seen him go in the summer.

We've seen you don't need much time to change a team that much, especially in this league. We can still do it with the right man.

But the time to send him packing, once we'd let him stay thru the summer, was the end of Sept.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

An average manager would have this team on more than Bruce.

I'd have happily seen him go in the summer.

We've seen you don't need much time to change a team that much, especially in this league. We can still do it with the right man.

But the time to send him packing, once we'd let him stay thru the summer, was the end of Sept.

Absolutely..

He had an abysmal first 7 games and was close to going then.

I still maintain that if he falls out the play offs now from being 4 pts off 2nd only a matter a weeks ago then he needs to go I am afraid.  No excuses.

... or do we wait till it's all completely lost and then we turn round and act then?

It is starting to take the piss.

Tony needs to get his arse back on that plane and get back here and start running this club properly too!.

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I'm probably the only one encouraged by today's game. I just saw us boss a game at the ground of one of the top teams in the league. Yes we lost the game but surely we gotta be happy with the performance? 

Probably.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, andym said:

Big game for Bruce next weekend.

Sheffield Utd are now reverting to what they really are - a newly promoted team who were playing way way above their level due to good work by their manager on the training pitch and players busting a gut to make an impression in this league.

They haven't won in 5 and have lost 4 of those (the other being a draw at home to Blues), so there should be no excuse for failing to get 3 points.

It doesn't matter who we are playing.....if we play like we are, we need to fear everyone.

If we play like these players should, we should fear no one.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Newcastle United, who were miles ahead of Villa last season, are now struggling in the Premier League relegation zone. If by some miracle Villa scrape promotion through one of the play off positions they will get royally f***** next season with dinosaur Bruce in charge and an owner that doesn't know his arse from his elbow where football is concerned.

Newcastle's issue is they had zero investment from the owner when they went up. They're essentially playing the same team that got promoted.

If we go up then i'd fully expect Xia to give us the cash we need to make wholesale changes in the first team. Bruce or no Bruce.

So I don't think it's a valid comparison.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Newcastle's issue is they had zero investment from the owner when they went up. They're essentially playing the same team that got promoted.

If we go up then i'd fully expect Xia to give us the cash we need to make wholesale changes in the first team. Bruce or no Bruce.

True. I'm actually surprised Benitez didn't walk out. Knowing how petulant he can be a times, I think he is only sticking it out to see the investment after the takeover....

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Apart from the £30m or so they spent on players...

I’n not saying that’s huge money or that they’ve been great signings, but (despite Benitez making out they haven’t), they did add to the squad that went up 

2 hours ago, DCJonah said:

So after the next game, which will be half way, best case scenario is 7 points off his target. Which means in the best case scenario we haven't closed the gap by 1 single point in 3 and a half months. 

IMO that's worthy of the sack. I think its disgraceful. 

Surely no one in the summer would have accepted that at this point.

I agree but I see no circumstances in which they sack him while we are in so called “ play off contention” and since pretty much any side down to about 12th will be in such a position until April I’m afraid I see nothing changing.

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Benitez did that with them, think what he would do with this squad.. and more £££ next season..

No. Let's stick with Bruce.

18 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

True. I'm actually surprised Benitez didn't walk out. Knowing how petulant he can be a times, I think he is only sticking it out to see the investment after the takeover....

Yes, he is seeing what this Amanda woman will bring to the table, otherwise he would have gone long ago.

Â