Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Why the hell have we only got 1 left back? Thats pretty shambolic planning for the season.  So much for things changing at the club.

Bruce has even more to answer for if he doesn't get the left back choice right for the next 3 games. This could make or break our season. Very poor by the club.

In fact is there any other club in the League that has gone in to a season with only one natural player in a particular position. How has this happened?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TRO said:

We know exactly what we have to do......win every game, the rest is cosmetic.....leave the detail to those that get paid handsomely for it and trust in them until there is a time not to

Oh I fully agree that these decisions are not easy and that we know a relatively minuscule amount of what really goes on in the board room. I wasn’t intending to be really critical of the board and only time will tell if their judgements are sound or otherwise. We have been a very badly run club, if we were run at all, in the last few years of the Lerner era and now we appear to be in much better hands. The basics are there, we will see if a little magic dust can be sprinkled over the mighty club to take us above the average and on to glory. Dr T does seem to be very ambitious, we will see who can hang on to his coat tails soon enough. UTV. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I can appreciate what your saying, but spare a thought for us that appreciate the work that Steve Bruce has perceivedly done, but we could find ourselves disagreeing on certain points....such is our effort for reasonable debate.

From the fans that are against him.......The bit that i find so hard to come to terms with is ....I am yet to hear or read a single praiseworthy comment about the bloke.....that is almost impossible to reconcile.

Even if someone was so anti......surely they could find something that would play in to the hands of logic to say, i am not a fan/ supporter but .....i think he did this well.

thats the part that questions their argument.

its just totally intransigent.

Steve Bruce plays a negative style of football, but he has got a nice car. You want balance, I give you balance. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TRO said:

I can appreciate what your saying, but spare a thought for us that appreciate the work that Steve Bruce has perceivedly done, but we could find ourselves disagreeing on certain points....such is our effort for reasonable debate.

From the fans that are against him.......The bit that i find so hard to come to terms with is ....I am yet to hear or read a single praiseworthy comment about the bloke.....that is almost impossible to reconcile.

Even if someone was so anti......surely they could find something that would play in to the hands of logic to say, i am not a fan/ supporter but .....i think he did this well.

I suppose it's unrealistic to expect you to have read all my posts, but I have credited him for sticking with Johnstone.  I have also said I am delighted with the recent results.  You must be talking about some other intransigent.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TRO said:

It's hard to keep up with everything in a long thread (I find it impossible), but this isn't true.

I've read comments praising his signings - I think generally his signings have been good value yet I'm unimpressed by the football on offer when you consider the resources available to him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I think some of the Bruce 'lovers' are becoming bigger zealots than some the Bruce 'haters' use to be. Not all but some are cracking on at people who don't like Bruce with stuff that just isn't true. 

My opinion, I know I know. But it's why I'm in the Bruce 'I have no clue anymore' camp :D

Can't we just agree that everyone has some valid points, lol heck no.....

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Dave J said:

Stable club - with that owner - Paul Trollope sacked after 12 games  so why was there a need to bring in Warnock ? It's really not like comparing apples to pears it's Warnocks appraisal v Bruce's appraisal over the past 12 months and nothing more really imo 

I disagree, wholeheartedly. 

If you don't think Villa was one of if not the toughest jobs out there then you've had your head in the sand for the past 5+ years.

• Like 2

Most fans that dislike Bruce based it on his record here, his style and where we finished last year and the start we had this season.  Those that back him do it in the hope he's the right man. That's something we all do. We all want Villa to be successful. The last month has been more positive but it's still short of what we need. The old adage of you can only beat what's in front if you cuts both ways. We've not beaten anyone of note yet and now have a run of games against sides who will be there or there abouts and our local rivals. It's a much tougher month than last month. If we do well Bruce will have killed off most of his doubters but until we are beating good teams regularly the jury is still out on him. Wolves is massive as after the last break we luckily didn't get spanked by Brentford who are 19th! 

Its complicated.

I was a Bruce fan based on his previous record of promoting Championship clubs.

I moved to the 'Bruce out' camp during that horrible period earlier this season.

I still don't think he's been good enough, and i won't be on board with Bruce as our manager until we are in the top 2 (as thats the minimum i expect).

I'm sitting on the fence as to whether Bruce is good or bad.  

I think we will get promoted this season (when i'm wearing my optimistic hat). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I disagree, wholeheartedly. 

If you don't think Villa was one of if not the toughest jobs out there then you've had your head in the sand for the past 5+ years.

And i bet nearly every championship manager would have jumped at the chance to take it.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TRO said:

He's got very small hands.

19 hours ago, AJ said:

The balance is there. But as you alluded to, the positives tend to fall by the wayside while the negatives get all the focus. I openly admit that I have also raised negatives about Steve Bruce, but I want to see how he does after October. He seems to be doing alright for awhile, the he goes to crap again, and there is some credibility in some of the negative comments about him. The guy is a bloody yoyo, and he does my head in sometimes.

But yes, we need to balance the positives with the negatives. Even with the most unpopular players, there are positives there for even Micah and Gabby.

I think he gets decisions wrong at times, but which managers don't.

I think you are right......The guys have every right to raise the neggies, but a few pozzies now and again don't go amiss.

17 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

I suppose it's unrealistic to expect you to have read all my posts, but I have credited him for sticking with Johnstone.  I have also said I am delighted with the recent results.  You must be talking about some other intransigent.

fair play....then i am.

18 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Steve Bruce plays a negative style of football, but he has got a nice car. You want balance, I give you balance. :D

what?.....4 wheels.:)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â