Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Hourihane 2 in 2. Bacuna was being picked over him. 

Davis dominating. Bruce keeps playing Hogan and talking about needing more strikers. 

It's just why I have no faith in him. Now get these points so whoever we bring in later can get us up

It's not easy dropping a 12m striker for a youngster. It goes wrong you get destroyed so I'm giving Bruce credit for this. Or is he injured ? Lol

Anyway we've seen us collapse in second halves so hold judgement until 3rd time. But so far Bruce has got it right. 

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It's not easy dropping a 12m striker for a youngster. It goes wrong you get destroyed so I'm giving Bruce credit for this. Or is he injured ? Lol

Anyway we've seen us collapse in second halves so hold judgement until 3rd time. But so far Bruce has got it right. 

Hogan had an injection in his ankle midweek so most likely not fit.  Sometimes the team needs a bit of luck like that, but it shows what throwing some fearless kids in can do.  Hopefully Bruce takes this as a shot in the arm and has stumbled upon a more positive approach.

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If he got us playing like this more often then we'd have nothing to moan about.

Whats sad is that I feel we are now playing like this by default, error if you will.

Back against the wall so made a last roll of the dice.

I don't care what the reason is as long as we play well and win i'm happy.

However I still definitely don't think he is the long term answer.

Hourihane playing where he should be and so on.

Imagine if he did this with all the players, all the time?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Do it for another half. And then do it next game. And the next 5 after that. Then I might change my mind. 

Just play like this all season, thanks.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dale said:

Second half sums Steve up. Show you can run the show then attempt to shut up shop. Why? 

We didn't shut up shop Norwich just stepped it up. We were in complete control until Hutton decides to let his defender run past him.

I don't like Bruce but if we win games he got it right, simple as that. 

10 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I don't think that one thing automatically follows the other, likewise when we don't win.

It does for me.  My point is from a lot of fans when we win he gets no credit when we lose he gets destroyed. Surely should be some balance? 

Looks like we win 4-2 today. He will still get destroyed I bet.

Well theres a great result for him to build on now so no excuses, our players have proved they arent at fault and can create chances so its upto the manager now to get the best out of them and not hold them back!

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

It does for me.  My point is from a lot of fans when we win he gets no credit when we lose he gets destroyed. Surely should be some balance? 

Looks like we win 4-2 today. He will still get destroyed I bet.

Well in mine, to say if you win he got it right and if we don't he didn't is way too simplistic.

Does he get any credit for today, absolutely as Davis sounds like he had a really big role to play. But I would still say he got it wrong playing Hutton. So as I said, too simplistic. 

But a win today isn't going to be remotely close to being enough to alter people's view on Bruce or his tenure to date and neither should it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well in mine, to say if you win he got it right and if we don't he didn't is way too simplistic.

Does he get any credit for today, absolutely as Davis sounds like he had a really big role to play. But I would still say he got it wrong playing Hutton. So as I said, too simplistic. 

But a win today isn't going to be remotely close to being enough to alter people's view on Bruce or his tenure to date and neither should it.

I agree but over a season I would take anti football 1-0 wins all season if it meant we went up. 

We could have scored about 8 today. I'll give him credit for that. 

I still don't like him or will change my view on Bruce but I accept if we win games he isn't getting sacked. 

Edit: lets be happy today :)

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

7 hours ago, VillaCas said:

I think we may get a narrow win which will muddy the waters - I can see Bruce limping along for some time until it is both clear that we are not getting promotion and too late to bring someone in to change things. 

Ive already written this season off. There is no way in my opinion we are going up and things will just get harder and harder 

A great opportunity under a supportive and progressive new owner spurned by two poor managerial appointments 

An average performance masked by a few good individual displays (Especially Davis and Hourihane). (Incredibly) Too fragile in defence to mount an assault on promotion. Glad we won but worst possible result in someways as I expect Bruce to limp along with middle of the table form for some time. 

False dawn

Â