Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Then why the f**k aren't you doing anything about it! 

Why not go all out and actually challenge the opposition for once. It's not like we've got anything more to lose... 

Well apart from relegation, that is. 

• Like 1

I've no problem with Bruce using 352 and obviously it takes time for the players to get used to it. What I don't want to see is it change  to a defensive 532, we have the players to dominate teams.

I worry that we don't have a back up cb to continue this formation if someone gets injured. I'd also like to see baker as the centre of the three. He is the one that dominates headers, and the worst in possession. We shouldn't be looking at him to feed forwards/ midfield but unfortunately that's what's happened the last couple of games when we start getting desperate.

Steve Bruce has already admitted that he could abandon his new-look formation less than a fortnight after introducing it.

So if the Villa manager does change his system against Barnsley, how is he likely to set up?

Well, there are certainly plenty of options for him to consider.

Bruce may well revert back to a flat back four with one of Nathan Baker, Tommy Elphick or James Chester dropping out.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-vs-barnsley-steve-12596433

44 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Then why the f**k aren't you doing anything about it! 

I'm sure he is. It's not like a manager just decides whether he wants his team to play well or not and he decided against it for the past 6 weeks.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Lol so my Sherwood thought went down like a lead balloon.

Just think he would've had us attacking and scoring goals for fun.

Although I don't agree that Sherwood would have us much further up the table, I would agree that we would be a lot more of an attacking team that would probably be more entertaining to watch.

I for one would rather watch us lose but have a go than lose with a poor performance to go along with it.

In saying that, I would rather we won games, so we now just have to hope Bruce can get this team set up correctly to do this.

I don't mind a manager changing formation, we should set up differently depending on who we're playing. Different formations introduce different methods of playing which should be advantageous against different opposition. 

We really shouldn't be playing 5 at the back with the likes of Hutton in the team at home against Ipswich or Barsnley. It's **** ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Bruce is Bruce

He wont change

He cant change

He is what he is

A hoof merchant journey man capable of promoting teams that are not of the size and expectancy of AVFC.

We dont have footballers in the squad who are suited to his playing style that hasnt changed in 20+ years

If Round and his scouts are targeting players like Lansbury, Hourihane and Hogan as the main JanWin signings, they are clearly not doing it to sit back and hoof it.

When that is the case, then you need a manager who is at least adventurous.

IMHO it couldnt be clearer that Bruce is the wrong man for the job.

BRUCE OUT

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, guyavfc said:

I don't think Sherwood did too bad a job to be honest. 

Just spent £50m assembling the worst squad we've ever had and sending us on an unrecoverable spiral into relegation.

Not too bad at all.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Just spent £50m assembling the worst squad we've ever had and sending us on an unrecoverable spiral into relegation.

Not too bad at all.

I honestly don't think Sherwood can be blamed for the relegation.  The rot had been setting in for many seasons - he was unable to stop the slide, but it was at least exciting at times during his tenure.  I know he isn't popular on here - but I don't think that's a view held by a lot of non-internet fans.   I just don't think it was entirely down to him that we got relegated - far from it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hev said:

I honestly don't think Sherwood can be blamed for the relegation.  The rot had been setting in for many seasons - he was unable to stop the slide, but it was at least exciting at times during his tenure.  I know he isn't popular on here - but I don't think that's a view held by a lot of non-internet fans.   I just don't think it was entirely down to him that we got relegated - far from it.

Was it entirely down to him? Absolutely not

Was he a massive part of it? Absolutely

He was one of the main reasons. And in the context of managers, he takes more blame than any of our other managers.

He's a fraud.

But this is off topic, apologies.

• Like 1

Â