Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You can't seem to provide me with evidence that McCormack was a 'fantastic trainer' before he came to the Villa nor that Steve Bruce is at fault for that situation. So no, that isn't what you said. You've moved the goalposts. 

See I happen to know, for an absolute fact, that Ross was drinking heavily before Bruce arrived. I could prove it in a court of law. I would never have mentioned it but to be honest, at this stage **** him. It's not right to mug the support off like he has and especially not his manager. He (Bruce) is doing a fine job of it himself without people making up bollocks. 

Everything Ross has done is on him and nobody else. 

So you want me to provide "evidence and sources" but your anecdotes are to be taken as fact.......seems reasonable 

I've not 'moved the goalposts' - my point throughout is that I expected Bruce to get the best out of McCormack, Ayew and Amavi and he has not done so. McCormack was by all accounts brilliant for Forest on Saturday and capped his performance with a very well taken goal - if Bruce was the brilliant man-manager he is supposed to be he would have spent all his time getting a proven stand-out player firing on all cylinders, instead of wasting his time on Agbonlahor. I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding this???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

On the one hand I feel like ditching the 3-5-2 already is stupid when it hasn't been given a chance. If he has a plan then stick to it!

On the other, I still feel our team is best suited to a 4-3-3, and still think that the majority of our good results this season have come using that formation. So I'd be happy to see us go back to that.

Something like

-----------Johnstone

Bree-Chester-Baker-Amavi

-------------Jedinak
------Lansbury-Hourihane

Adomah-----------------Kodjia
----------------Hogan

The 3-5-2 has failed miserably. Doesn't work needs to revert back to 4-3-3 I think

1 hour ago, VillaCas said:

So you want me to provide "evidence and sources" but your anecdotes are to be taken as fact.......seems reasonable 

I've not 'moved the goalposts' - my point throughout is that I expected Bruce to get the best out of McCormack, Ayew and Amavi and he has not done so. McCormack was by all accounts brilliant for Forest on Saturday and capped his performance with a very well taken goal - if Bruce was the brilliant man-manager he is supposed to be he would have spent all his time getting a proven stand-out player firing on all cylinders, instead of wasting his time on Agbonlahor. I'm not sure how you are misunderstanding this???

Q6hPmz.gif

;)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, KHV said:

It wont be a midfield 2, it will be a midfield 3

I was thinking of a 442. But, if it's to be back to a 433 you're right. I just hope it includes Jedinak in front of the back four or we're back to square one. 

6 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

With the likes of Mark Warburton now available, I think Bruce has to get us going very, very quickly to give us any hope at all for next season. If he doesn't....how long are we supposed to wait?

Can I just ask, why do people hold Warburton in such high regard? 

• Like 1

Anyone else think that Lansbury would be well suited to playing in the hole behind Hogan, with Kodjia out wide left and Adomah wide right? Jedinak can do the defensive cover role with Hourihane being the fetching and carrying midfielder. 

I don't ask for much. just that we press as a team and don't hoof the ball. is it a big ask? please oh please Bruce, go for the win. utilize your entire team with pressing football and don't play the counter.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Anyone else think that Lansbury would be well suited to playing in the hole behind Hogan, with Kodjia out wide left and Adomah wide right? Jedinak can do the defensive cover role with Hourihane being the fetching and carrying midfielder. 

That's far too complicated for Bruce to even think about.

More like

SB: "Surely you know how to hoof, you're a footballer?"

I said I think we will be pleasantly surprised and suggested he'd go 442 and a very attacking and pressing game. But just as likely 433. 

The formstion won't really matter though, if as I suspect we simply adopt a very aggressive attacking approach it will be for the opposition to answer the problems we set and a less defensive midfield set up won't matter. Attack will be our best form of defence.

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war !!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Do you not think there's a chance we would've achieved more under Sherwood then we have Bruce? 

PS not saying I want or miss Sherwood btw. 

Not even for one millisecond do I think that.

In fact forcing myself to think about it has genuinely made me laugh.

Â