Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

28 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

4 home wins on the bounce. Isn't it nice to actually see a win at VP. Love it if we went unbeaten there all season

I am starting to get a bit nostalgic for the embarrassing home defeats of years gone past

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We're the only team in the Championship who are unbeaten at home. 

I might be wrong but aren't we the only team in the football league to be unbeaten at home?

• Like 2

With the attacking talent we have in our team our goal scoring is woeful. It's not Bruce's fault, but we have zero creativity in midfield, and as someone else said earlier there is also zero aggression. In the short term dropping Grealish into midfield solves this problem, but it does kind of stifle his attacking play by playing him further back.

We need a Joey Barton type of player in the middle of the park, someone who can trike fear into opponents. For once though (having heard him interviewed yesterday on WM after the match), we do seem to have a manager who sees the same things that we do. Right now his hands are tied and he has to do the best he can with what he's got, but I do get the impression we will see a midfield destroyer come in, as well as a Keeper (for me that's not as urgent as right back, but there you go.

I guess we'll be looking mostly at loans, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Gestede or McCormack leave if the right offer comes in as this would free up some cash for Bruce to do his own thing.

First time in a long time, we have a manager that I trust.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Eastie said:

If we'd won at Leeds last week we'd be 5th too - even allowing for our start of one win in 12 games .

this league is very tight and a run of wins will take us away from the pack 

but we need the new recruits to give us that edge of improvement.....I hope we do that and don't just end up getting numbers for numbers sake.

Having said that, some of the smaller squads will struggle when they lose key players through injury and suspension.

38 minutes ago, dukes said:

With the attacking talent we have in our team our goal scoring is woeful. It's not Bruce's fault, but we have zero creativity in midfield, and as someone else said earlier there is also zero aggression. In the short term dropping Grealish into midfield solves this problem, but it does kind of stifle his attacking play by playing him further back.

We need a Joey Barton type of player in the middle of the park, someone who can trike fear into opponents. For once though (having heard him interviewed yesterday on WM after the match), we do seem to have a manager who sees the same things that we do. Right now his hands are tied and he has to do the best he can with what he's got, but I do get the impression we will see a midfield destroyer come in, as well as a Keeper (for me that's not as urgent as right back, but there you go.

I guess we'll be looking mostly at loans, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Gestede or McCormack leave if the right offer comes in as this would free up some cash for Bruce to do his own thing.

First time in a long time, we have a manager that I trust.

I totally agree with your points

We are lacking aggression in 2 forms one with the opposing player in a duel and the other with the forwards driving themselves to get through and meet the objective.

I agree also we need some help for Jedinak and a playmaker like shelvey who is pulling all the strings for Gayle.

Joey Barton.....wish we could find one like him, rather than him.

I think it has been mentioned before by previous posters there lacks cohesion between the forwards too.....they don't seem quite in tune with each other.

but hey! we was looking at div 1 a few months ago.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

but we need the new recruits to give us that edge of improvement.....I hope we do that and don't just end up getting numbers for numbers sake.

Having said that, some of the smaller squads will struggle when they lose key players through injury and suspension.

Seems Bruce is busy on targets already and has a couple lined up - how many loans are we allowed ? 

Jenkinson the right back from arsenal and the young united keeper Johnston both being strongly linked to us today on loan .

Edited by Eastie

41 minutes ago, TRO said:

Bruce has already been quoted saying we won't do that.

3 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Bruce has already been quoted saying we won't do that.

Well I hope he sticks to it....not so much doubting his word, but more anxious of who is available.

i guess I was just nervy that we may drift in to the old format based on who is free to move.

Edited by TRO

I trust Bruce and I think he's brought stability and confidence back to this club and I wish we had signed him instead of RDM as I think he could have worked wonders.

But presently despite our talent up front, I don't see us making the play offs without some more fairly major changes. I don't think Bruce believes in the squad he has inherited either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Well I hope he sticks to it....not so much doubting his word, but more anxious of who is available.

i guess I was just nervy that we may drift in to the old format based on who is free to move.

Bruce doesn't strike me as the sort of guy to say and do different things.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

I trust Bruce and I think he's brought stability and confidence back to this club and I wish we had signed him instead of RDM as I think he could have worked wonders.

But presently despite our talent up front, I don't see us making the play offs without some more fairly major changes. I don't think Bruce believes in the squad he has inherited either.

What makes you think that he doesn't believe in the squad that he has inherited?

29 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bruce has said any players he signs will be to dramatically improve the squad. Have faith, i think Tony will back him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bruce has said any players he signs will be to dramatically improve the squad. Have faith, i think Tony will back him.

Yeah, Bruce has an air of confidence about signings, Tony has shown him his cave of gold. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does that mean which ever keeper he brings in will be first choice? As the keeper will have to improve on Gollini. 

Edited by KSV

2 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

What makes you think that he doesn't believe in the squad that he has inherited?

Bit of a generalisation, but injuries aside he changes the line up almost every game. Now that in part is because he's still assessing his squad with no pre-season behind him.

But I genuinely think he doesn't rate Ross, Tish, Westwood, Ayew, Gollini, Hutton and probably others. Whatever the case I really want a manager to believe in and use their squad as at this level you need your entire squad of players and can't have the luxury of freezing out 4 or 5 which is how it's been under every recent manager and I fear how it is now.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â