Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, VillaCas said:

Not a strawman at all.  You said that we should all support him and stop posting any criticisms.  For me that would involve pretending something I don't beleive - I merely asked to what effect.  Why not ask to close the thread altogether if you can't bear any criticism of Bruce.

Set aside whatever preconceptions you may have of him the minute he becomes Villa manager. It's what he does in the dugout at Villa Park that he should be judged by. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

You don't have to pretend to think he's great to get behind the manager. 

What does getting behind the manager even mean. I'll continue to cheer for the team, I won't boo or jeer Bruce, but I will continue to bleieve the we could have made a much more forward-looking appointment

• Like 1

Just now, Woodytom said:

Did you get behind mcleish fully? Yes or no?

Yes, I was fully willing to give him a chance. I had my perceptions before the appointment (same with Sherwood) but as soon as he was appointed, then he had my support.

Until a manager proves otherwise, they have my support. Like any decent fan would do to be honest,

• Like 2

It's done now, and it's Bruce. There is nothing we can do about it so let's, as a **** unit, stop moaning and whinging and get behind everyone. Let's play our part in getting us to win games. We are highly important in fighting our way back, and that starts now. No moaning, no whinging, don't call my post boring.... We need to get behind Bruce and push forward!!

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Yes, I was fully willing to give him a chance. I had my perceptions before the appointment (same with Sherwood) but as soon as he was appointed, then he had my support.

Until a manager proves otherwise, they have my support. Like any decent fan would do to be honest,

Fair enough

Fwiw, I don't for a second believe you.

Why would you not back the manager? Being on his back from day one adds more pressure, more negativity around the club and affects any chance of success. I just cannot understand it. We all want the same thing, right? To get promoted. We need to stick to together. The guy deserves a chance as much as anyone else we've had.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, vreitti said:

I'll always get behind Aston Villa football club. Steve Bruce on the other hand, is an altogether different issue...

Well, if Bruce is MANAGER of Aston Villa Football Club, then we should get behind him as well in my opinion.

Judge him on what he does for us now. Everything he has done in the past has been a different situation, with different players, with different kinds of boards. 

No point in being negative, if he's here, then there's nothing we can do about it, whether we like it or not.

All we can do now is do what we do best, get behind the team, the manager, the board, turn up and sing our heart out. 

2 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

What does getting behind the manager even mean. I'll continue to cheer for the team, I won't boo or jeer Bruce, but I will continue to bleieve the we could have made a much more forward-looking appointment

What if your 'more forward looking appointment' either wasn't available or turned out not to have the ability to manage our team to promotion?

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

There are elements to the Villa fanbase that are absolutely poisonous.  We can have new owners, new managers, new players, but until our fans are all pointing in the same direction we've got absolutely no chance.

It's disgusting.

Absolutely toxic. We deserve everything we get.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

This. I thought Sherwood was a charlatan, and McLeish one of the most negative managers ever. However, the minute they became manager of Aston Villa I was fully behind them, until they showed that they were unfit to manage us any longer. And in Sherwood's case, he proved briefly that he maybe had some nous after all...which he obviously couldn't keep up :D 

• Like 1

Just now, Flynnchin84 said:

Judge him on what he does for us now. Everything he has done in the past has been a different situation, with different players, with different kinds of boards. 

An excellent point. I'll do my best.

Â