Next Villa Manager

Richard

21 minutes ago, DamsonwoodVillan said:

Arguably Bruce was the best candidate when relegation was confirmed. 

The only possible issue I'd have with it being Bruce - and maybe this is a total non issue (however I think it's real, and I'm sure a lot of others would feel the same) - the amount of stick he has endured from Villa fans over the years, a lot of it quite nasty and personal, would give something of a strange feel to the appointment. Humble pie yes but a bit more than that possibly. It's not the same as McLeish making the jump and no one being too worried, the amount Bruce has faced from our terraces may come into his thinking if he is offered it. 

I think he would think it all very funny.  As would I.  Its only a game after all.

2 minutes ago, chappy said:

On Sherwood... I think he'd win us some football matches ;)

Not saying we should get him! But if he was hired on the proviso that he was only here til May no matter what happens, I think he'd do pretty well.

tin hat on!

He might scrape a win or two. But I think he'd lose most games. Sherwood made a difference when he could get talented players fired up. Setting up a team tactically proved to be way beyond him. IMO TS was the root cause of the fairly obvious 'us' and 'them' split in last year's squad. Some of those players are still here. I don't think they'd welcome him back. I believe he'd be relieved of his duties well before May. And then he'd continue to wash his hands of us, as he has done before.

He might have had his moment at Capitol before the Cup final, but then he hit the Tarpeian Rock.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Why?  He's been promoted from this league on 4 occasions with 2 different teams the last time being this year. 

He's actually the stand out manager for me and the nearest thing we could get for a dead cert to get us back up again 

It amazes me that people don't rate him. 

People seem to think we can get managers who are way out of our league or seem to prefer unknown foreign managers or once again young inexperienced managers who are going OK for this season but are probably just the next flash in the pan who will be out of their depth and out of experience when at a big club under pressure when things are not going right. 

It's been years since we have had a manager with several years experience under his belt and that is what I want. 

If the money keeps comming any half decent manager should be able to take us up and Bruce has proved he can do that over and over again. 

To not want him is cutting off your nose to spite your face,  he's unquestionably he the most suitable man for the job. 

He has the ability to get us organised...no mean feat.