Next Villa Manager

Richard

English is a second language for me. But I'm fairly certain that 'going on a bender' and 'being a bender' are two very different things...

Spoiler

And that reminds me of the first time I saw Rowan Atkinson. Not the 9 o'clock news: sitting in a railway carriage; telling his co-travellers: "I'm bent!", then following up with "My skin is smooth" and so on... Fellow passengers' faces displaying a mixture of feelings throughout. And finally someone gets it: "Oooh - you're a banana!"

Edited by TB
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Harry Redknapp apparently just said he would take on the job and wouldn't ask for a wage until we were in the top six on TalkSport.. 

.. We could do worse. With Tim as assistant, obviously. ;):ph34r:

He would make shedloads of money taking a big percentage when negotiated with the agents when buying or selling a player 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

As this thread seems to be in demand every few months may I suggest we all adopt a standard format. 

*delete as applicable.

I thought it was a mistake to go for old and experienced/young and full of potential*

We should go for the opposite this time. 

Nigel Pearson is proven at this level/a complete knob*

Big Sam is worth a try/should not be touched with a barge pole*

Rowett is a Villa fan/Remember Mcleish*

Remember that Steve McLaren did well at Everton. 

Agbonlahor shouldn't be given a fresh start/definitely shouldn't be given a fresh start/definitely, definitely shouldn't be given a fresh start* by the new boss. 

Ha ha I was just about to do one of those with an additional 'sacking' pro forma attached (for use in 5/8/12 weeks depending upon patience level)

(i.e delete as required ..........I said all along we needed experience/someone fresh.................a foreigner/a British guy...............he changes his formation too often/too rarely..............sticks with players too long/doesn't give them a run...............too attacking/defensive........................Needs to show more  passion/be calmer..........must give him longer as he hasn't got his own players in/must get rid he cant gel with these players........ etc etc etc ad infinitum.............)

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Spoony said:

RDM was sacked 124 days after being appointed. This thread was started after 119 days. Villa fans lasted almost 4 months before writing him off.

I really hope the next manager is actually given some time. It really is a joke how we get through them. 

The reason Arsene Wenger has lasted 20 years is pretty obvious.

had he won 1 game in 11 after spending 50 mill, he might have lasted the same length of time.

23 minutes ago, AstonMartin82 said:

Wagner for me. Never heard of him until recently but the more I read and see the more I like. This season is almost certainly a write off now so let's take a gamble on someone who has the pedigree and potential to be something special. 

Doctor Tony changed his car, coz he'd bought a Banger,

Now he's got a German One,

Daay-vid Wag-ner.

With the added bonus that a bit later in the season we can change it to "What a useless wan..."

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Spoony said:

RDM was sacked 124 days after being appointed. This thread was started after 119 days. Villa fans lasted almost 4 months before writing him off.

I really hope the next manager is actually given some time. It really is a joke how we get through them. 

Then they should put the product on the pitch we can enjoy watching.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

How many games before the Holte's singing "Sit Down Potato Head" ? 

Edited by Kingman

in light of the last 6 years and the results that we delivered.

.........is there any manager out there, including the derisory ones.....that could have done any worse?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He would make shedloads of money taking a big percentage when negotiated with the agents when buying or selling a player 

He'll make a fortune from all the 50p's chucked at him from the stands every game.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

in light of the last 6 years and the results that we delivered.

.........is there any manager out there, including the derisory ones.....that could have done any worse?

Well, each did worse than the last, so I'll wait and see.................:)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Richard said:

If RDM had performed better he would have been given time. I really hope the next manager is deserving of actually being given time as if he is it is good news for us

Well its old news now I suppose, (and mercifully RDM going has prevented me from having to argue his cause anymore !!) but I am genuinely worried that is where we are now at........a new guy having to prove he deserves time rather than it being something he starts with.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Well, each did worse than the last, so I'll wait and see.................:)

They did....but Lambert did have 3 years.....for those who like the "time" card.

I don't even know who I want. None of the links jump out. Wagner sounds like flavour of the month, but would he be able to turn us around. I don't know. 

I hope Round, Wyness and Xia have a plan. Xia mentioned only having a short time frame in the summer, so I hope they have the wheels in motion and contenders lined up. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

And did better than what came after !

Well after releasing your best four players ....for possibly fed up of struggling football is it any wonder those coming behind had a busted flush.

look its anyones call.

I'm not sure the stand out manager we all crave is that obvious.

• Like 1