Next Villa Manager

Richard

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I've already registered for tickets to WankFest 2017, it's going to be amazing. 

@villa_southerner is bringing some Las Vegas ladies, look but don't touch though.

Soooo......who's coming?

• Like 2

Anyhoos, back to the new manager - I would be very pleased with the big angry ginger that is Dyche. I can't say I have watched his teams in any great detail but dare I say it, every MOTD highlights ended in a pundit 'wankfest' over his managerial ability. Plus 2 promotions, as recently as you like are as good a pedigree for our immediate needs as anyone. With Tony's backing he will go far.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Anyhoos, back to the new manager - I would be very pleased with the big angry ginger that is Dyche. I can't say I have watched his teams in any great detail but dare I say it, every MOTD highlights ended in a pundit 'wankfest' over his managerial ability. Plus 2 promotions, as recently as you like are as good a pedigree for our immediate needs as anyone. With Tony's backing he will go far.

I don't mind Dyche. But there isn't much evidence that he could take us higher than Brucie. Id be ok with either - but wouldn't go on a major pull to land Dyche as Bruce IMO is comparable.

• Like 2

Not sure who I want now, feels like whoever comes in will doomed by the Villa curse. I like the idea of Dyche but for some reason Bruce just seems to make sense in a way that fits right now. Never been a fan of Bruce but think at this moment in time he might be the best option. Confused.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't want Bruce.  Every time I hear him I have to have a dump.  I can't live with that for the foreseeable future.  Yes that's the only reason.

I could easily apply this to Bruce

Oh FFS Villa, I just got my head around and accepted that Bruce was going to be the next manager. 

Hmmm... unsure on Dyche to be honest. Had you asked me a week ago I would have thought Dyche would be an excellent addition. 

4 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Bringing in a premier league manager who is considered up-and-coming and talented would be a major coup for this club.

If we could get him yes. If the silence goes for much longer than tomorrow though. Bruce will know he isn't first choice - and may consider withdrawing or wait for an offer elsewhere. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hippo said:

If we could get him yes. If the silence goes for much longer than tomorrow though. Bruce will know he isn't first choice - and may consider withdrawing or wait for an offer elsewhere. 

Don't think he would to be honest. Villa is by far the biggest job Bruce is currently capable of getting, he will wait it out. 

Just tried to go onto a Burnley forum to see what they are saying about it, makes me appreciate VillaTalk so much more for how well run and active this place is. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Dyche isnt coming so I dont see why we are even debating it. Has a manager ever left a club 14th in premier league to join a team 19th in the championship? i dont recall it ever happening espically if their job is not in any immediate threat

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Dyche isnt coming so I dont see why we are even debating it. Has a manager ever left a club 14th in premier league to join a team 19th in the championship? i dont recall it ever happening espically if their job is not in any immediate threat

I don't mean to encourage the Dyche saga, but maybe he fancies a new challenge in his career.

14th in the Prem or 19th in the Championship, Villa are the bigger club!

As much of a likeable chap Dyche is, I do not think he will be the next Villa boss. He is another ceiling manager who has his limit.

Edited by AvfcRigo82