Next Villa Manager

Richard

43 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Dr Tone went back home, he left it to his board

This crap chant has had its day, please no bloody more ;)

That doesn't rhyme.

40 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

It shouldn't have taken that long because they had plenty of time to sort it out with Bruce before they sacked RDM.

Did you write the text book on constructive dismissal? That's pretty much a perfect definition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

So Swansea are going to be taken for constructive dismissal are they?

I've no idea. I suspect they're are negotiating a settlement if they've done something wrong.

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

So Swansea are going to be taken for constructive dismissal are they?

Depends on whether they have settled for a payment which would make a cd claim pointless, I suppose.

But lining up a new manager behind the back of the existing one with a view to sacking him when convenient is a way of operating which i would not support.  None of us would want to be treated that way.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Does this mean we can officially begin the masturbation marathon?

Well... I never thought Steve Bruce would make grown men want to pull their plods. 

I am happy if he's going to be our manager...

but not that happy :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HeyAnty said:

It shouldn't have taken that long because they had plenty of time to sort it out with Bruce before they sacked RDM. Swansea had barely time to sack their manager before Bradley was behind his desk.

I assume it's because XIA actually did it with a heavy heart, I really don't think he wanted to sack RDM, but could not allow any more slip ups.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I assume it's because XIA actually did it with a heavy heart, I really don't think he wanted to sack RDM, but could not allow any more slip ups.

I think so too. I think he wanted a manager who he felt comfortable to put faith in and fully support, and that is probably what he is looking for most in the new man.

• Like 1

I don't believe the Dean Smith interest has gone away. Remember Pat Murphy said there were two incumbent managers they were interested in yesterday, and they were deciding if to contact their clubs.  We don't know if this has happened yet, or is likely to happen. I suspect they still have interest otherwise why not offer it to Bruce now?

10 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

I don't believe the Dean Smith interest has gone away. Remember Pat Murphy said there were two incumbent managers they were interested in yesterday, and they were deciding if to contact their clubs.  We don't know if this has happened yet, or is likely to happen. I suspect they still have interest otherwise why not offer it to Bruce now?

Murphy has been constantly a few days behind developments, this is done and dusted.

• Like 2

Well in my humble opinion and for what it's worth - Bruce will end with inglorious failure in around 12-18 months. Why oh why can we not get it right for goodness sake. 

I want a young manager with a villa connection and if it needs an old head be it Rednapp/ Hoddle/withe/souness, alongside him I would not care one jot.

Bruce no thanks - totally underwhelming 

4 minutes ago, Dave J said:

Well in my humble opinion and for what it's worth - Bruce will end with inglorious failure in around 12-18 months. Why oh why can we not get it right for goodness sake. 

I want a young manager with a villa connection and if it needs an old head be it Rednapp/ Hoddle/withe/souness, alongside him I would not care one jot.

Bruce no thanks - totally underwhelming 

Fair play but it seems you're definitely in the minority. Most fans accept it's a sensible appointment.