• Ayew
    • Kodjia
    • Westwood (Tishbola 75)
    • Gestede (Adomha 87)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

12 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Only us and Rotherham on 1 win now. Even Derby have managed to get within 1 point of us.

We're actually only 4 points away from  the bottom club now.

But the real red line for me is if we slip below Burton. We are just about staying ahead of them on goal difference. If they get ahead of us, I will explode into thousands of tiny pieces and my disintegrated body will splatter all over Dr Tony's Twitter account.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

How can anybody say they want the guy who has just embarrassed the entire game of football in this country and left his reputation (such as it was) in complete tatters as our next manager? As if we aren't already an embarrassing enough club.

Anyway. We are rubbish. Another not-good-enough-result. Dr Tony must be fuming right now.

Because he's a very good manager who has consistently got results with mediocre teams. I don't really care about the stuff he said to the Telegraph guys. I'm sure Pep, Mourinho et al are angels either. Its just he got caught. 

Sure, he sounded a bit of a bell end in the videos, but then I'm sure most would. 

• Like 1

Back home from the game, the fans were brilliant again. Shame about the team. We should have won it but could have had no complaints if we lost. For so much of the match we were second to every ball, where was the fight and want to close them down. Grealish was blowing out of his arse by the last 15 and should have come off. What's up with Jedi too? Isn't he meant to be a midfield enforcer, why is he so afraid to put a tackle in! 

We don't know what to do with the ball, players stood looking for a pass all the time. Poor movement then when there is a good run, it's not spotted. And then to concede at the end, again, just beggars belief. 

Something needs to change, and quick. 

Had to go to work just after the Ayew goal...just got home to check the result, and I really didn't have to check the result. I knew that we'd concede late again. We are the masters of this trick. It is pure psychology at this point. A team comprised of nervous nellie's is gonna take more than a better manager.

8 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

How can anybody say they want the guy who has just embarrassed the entire game of football in this country and left his reputation (such as it was) in complete tatters as our next manager? As if we aren't already an embarrassing enough club.

Anyway. We are rubbish. Another not-good-enough-result. Dr Tony must be fuming right now.

It's football, everyone's on the fiddle. Sam just got caught. He'd do better than 10 from 10, and that's all I care about at the moment. 

• Like 1

A friend of mine is a Barnsley fan - his brother was at the game (also a Barnsley fan) and this was his impression:

"they have some players who are too good for teams like us. Adomah, Kodija. Jedinak is by far the best mopper-upper in the league and generally an absolute beast. They will kick into gear and start hammering people soon. Grealish should really focus on being good at football and stop moaning. They are fast and powerful, shaky at the back, no confidence"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AstonMartyn88 said:

A friend of mine is a Barnsley fan - his brother was at the game (also a Barnsley fan) and this was his impression:

"they have some players who are too good for teams like us. Adomah, Kodija. Jedinak is by far the best mopper-upper in the league and generally an absolute beast. They will kick into gear and start hammering people soon. Grealish should really focus on being good at football and stop moaning. They are fast and powerful, shaky at the back, no confidence"

He also said they switched from 442 to 451, scored and then switched back. First time they'd changed formations in a game for 9 months

A new ground for me to visit, and felt it was nice to attend a traditional looking football ground still in touch with it's community in a townscape setting. Traditional floodlight towers... Even what appeared to be a dedicated away fan car park - albeit with a difficult queue to get through after the game, but hey ho. Seemed a very friendly club until the last few minutes when even men with impressionable age daughters were doing inappropriate hand gestures at the Villa supporters, and even after their goal, a Barnsley supporter running the full length of the pitch to goad our fans. Quite an unsavoury finish to the game, and I will say this, not impressed by the reaction of our own down at the front responding to it - it really did look like you wanted to kick off against the stewards, the old bill, and that man with the impressionable age daughters. Calm the f**k down guys, seriously.

Anyway, a very tepid first half buoyed only by the singing masses from the B6 supporting end. We did our bit. A busier second half, though I don't believe we touched the ball with any possessive intent between minutes 45 and 50. And then we started creating chances... we looked the more likely to score.

Kodjia went close just before Ayew netted, and Kodjia could have had a couple actually. Grealish made a couple of strange decisions in two minutes, opting to run away from goal when surely a shot at goal would have been the smart move. He had a troublesome few minutes where confidence or fatigue was affecting him.

Defence seemed solid up until that late, late equaliser for them. Could not understand why Tshibola was subbed off. And why bring Rudi on? Genuine question.

Overall, possession was split through the game, though we had more 'on target' shots and chances and marginally deserved better from the game.

15k in the crowd - 5k from us :) 

To show you how big a scalp we were - look back at how the Barnsley fans suddenly generated an atmosphere when they scored... it was like they had just won the cup. They had just earned a draw with Aston Villa. People have dismissed the risk of this - but it's happening.

Final word to the comedy genius behind me who began a chant all on his own during a quiet moment - 'Have you won the European Cup...' A magical moment of mirth. Fair play sir... I said, fair play!!

Roll on Preston, we go again... That game is must win for RDM. If he can't get the players up to see the game out up there (assuming we can actually score again), then I'm done with him and he can do one. I don't care if you call me 'entitled' 1 win in 10 is asparagus. In any league... with any team, established or 'newly gelling.' We're well beyond gelling.

• Like 4

Â