Match Thread: Villa v Nottm Forest

limpid

Just now, Davkaus said:

Some promising signs, we don't look like conceding, but we are so wasteful going forward. 2 shots on target out of 10+? And one of those was Westwood's long range effort that was never going in.

At least Westwood took the shot. We just seem to timid going forward. 

Also, how often have we hit the post this season?!

Are we suffering from the McCormack conundrum that Warnock described the other week?

Not mobile enough to lead the line but being a number forced Ayew and grealish out wide who are not wingers.

1 person minimum has to be dropped in that front four for Adomah and I would argue even 2 so we can see amavis pace and crossing up there 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

Some promising signs, we don't look like conceding, but we are so wasteful going forward. 2 shots on target out of 10+? And one of those was Westwood's long range effort that was never going in.

My concern is we never look like conceding in the first half of any match in this league.. Yet in the second half we make every team look like Barcelona.

Cissokho has been great. Grealish is working hard but seems to be tripping over the ball a lot today. RDL has been solid. 

My only negative is Ayew. Damn he works hard and makes runs, but he just needs to look up and pass sometimes. Its his birthday so he's probably after a birthday goal. Tough. We need the win more. Pass the bloody ball. 

Kodjia looks brilliant so far though. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Indeed. This hasn't been good enough already and I don't see Xia being the patient type.

Sad fact of the matter is that you're probably right.  Dropping down to near the relegation zone (in whatever stage of the season) in unacceptable.  We need a spark to get us going again and if we don't win this game, questions will be asked (even though we have bought in a lot of new players).  

Edited by trekka