Pre match thread

Dirk

Think this will be a lot closer than people think. Brentford better than Rotherham and should not be underestimated. 

We need to be more clinical in front of goal and tighter at the back than we have been so far. Every game this season we could/should have won but for our own faults. Get rid of them and we will be fine.

Going for a Villa 2-1 win. 

We  need to start winning on a consistent basis now. None of this 'it's a new team and needs time to gel' crap. Newcastle have bought a bucket load of players and have won far more games than us and spanked QPR at Loftus Road so if they can do it then we should be able to.

Edited by pacbuddies
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

We  need to start winning on a consistent basis now. None of this 'it's a new team and needs time to gel' crap. Newcastle have bought a bucket load of players and have won far more games than us and spanked QPR at Loftus Road so if they can do it then we should be able to.

Almost fed up repeating - they were adding to a squad that was virtually Premier League this year, we were adding to a squad not worthy of the name.

And just coz they win a game 6-0 (a rarity) doesn't 'mean' anything.

Personally I think as clichés go, the 'early goal' is important tonight. ......if we can make them play (any team really, at VP) we will be far more threatening.

As always I wan't us to win, but I've already lost any little excitement I had for this season with the new owner and players.

The quality of players and football in this league is just too poor for my taste. It's like watching your kids performing a play at school. 

We've been far superior for the most part in the games we've played so far, and we've been far from acceptable IMO.

Yeah it's nice to not be outplayed in every game, but we've been playing against terrible teams and players and still haven't won more than once.

40 more games of this crap we really must start romping these teams so we can get out of this terrible league.

On 11/09/2016 at 21:21, chappy said:

Anyone else think Elphick and Ayew might pick up a booking to avoid being suspended for the Newcastle game?

Or they could try not to pick up bookings at all for the next 2 games...

46 minutes ago, sne said:

As always I wan't us to win, but I've already lost any little excitement I had for this season with the new owner and players.

The quality of players and football in this league is just too poor for my taste. It's like watching your kids performing a play at school. 

We've been far superior for the most part in the games we've played so far, and we've been far from acceptable IMO.

Yeah it's nice to not be outplayed in every game, but we've been playing against terrible teams and players and still haven't won more than once.

40 more games of this crap we really must start romping these teams so we can get out of this terrible league.

I support aston villa...I dont care what league we're in