PieFacE

Whats wrong about it? having a second favourite team doesnt make you less loyal.

Only way i can think of there being something wrong with it is if supporting a team is 0-sum or if teams are in a extremely similar position as there starts to become a conflict of interest

Edited by gharperr

I don't have anything close to a second team, but as a wee lad in the early 90's watching division 1 football on central I always had a soft spot for Derby.

Till one of their fans bounced a brick off my head at VP.

With John Harkes et al.. I never minded them either.

I don't have anything close to a second team, but as a wee lad in the early 90's watching division 1 football on central I always had a soft spot for Derby.

Till one of their fans bounced a brick off my head at VP.

With John Harkes et al.. I never minded them either.

Not to mention Tommy Johnson. You cannot begin to imagine how happy I was the day he signed for The Villa.

It's quite common to have second teams I think. I used to go and watch Chester City as well back in the day, good times. 

As far as the top 4 are concerned, I hate Arsenal the least by far, so I'd be absolutely fine with them winning the title, but I wouldn't go so far as to call them a second team. 

Born in Chesterfield so I always look out for them. Been to many games as well.

All of my family are/were from Birmingham. I moved there at the age of 5. My uncle took me to my first Villa match not long after.

the last few seasons I have had a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th team most weekends and was usually teams that we needed to lose to stay up

was sick of that as they were nearly as bad as Villa

• Like 1

Arsenal still need to spend a lot of money before the transfer window closes. You can't trust Wenger to be able to fix their defence so fourth will be their aim again. Liverpool might run them a bit closer with Benteke this season.

I'd be absolutely staggered if a team won the league with a forward line of Giroud, Walcott and Wellbeck.

If i was an Arsenal fan I'd be praying for the day Wenger retires. The business model he has helped to create is amazing, but a couple of FA cups in what? 10/12years? Is atrocious.

If i was an Arsenal fan I'd be praying for the day Wenger retires. The business model he has helped to create is amazing, but a couple of FA cups in what? 10/12years? Is atrocious.

The model won't change when he retires. The club is run to make money for it's owners unlike Chelsea or Man City or Man Utd, where money isn't an issue due to vast revenue or oil money.

The model won't change when he retires. The club is run to make money for it's owners unlike Chelsea or Man City or Man Utd, where money isn't an issue due to vast revenue or oil money.

Yes but his stubbornness has held them back IMO, for as long as I can remember they seem to be 1-2 players away from being real contender's.

Have you guys been been following arsenal the past few years? The model has completely changed. Wenger is close to the best thing for them. To constantly get CL whilst having no proper investment is impressive. IMO, the fans who want Wenger gone are ungrateful morons. It isnt wenger fault they were a selling club. They had to pay off the debts from the stadium to help build greater stability/power in the future (aka now and in a few years)

When i say proper investment, i mean, they had to buy unknown "up and coming" players and hope they turn into a world class players. Now they have the money to spend 30m+ on proven worldclass players regulary as the stadium has been paid off and are no longer a selling club. And theres no surprise since the stadium has been paid off they have won 2 cups and started to build a proper squad which is going to give a serious title challenge. (2 years ago it was "wenger will never win anything and will always finish 4th").

Crazy how much shit he took for the boards transfer/financial policy.

I know someone will mention, Wenger is no longer "defensively naive". You only have to watch/look at the setup against the top teams last year to see its changed and having cech, their new CB and coquelin will add greater stability.

edit: hmm, just got told their new cb wont be starting much this year and will be 3rd choice. Weird. Thought whole point of signing him was to push Per.Mert out the side. Guess he has to prove himself and some defenders take awhile to get used to the prem

Edited by gharperr

Meh, I couldn't have a second favourite team unless it's a foreign team I like playing with on FIFA.

My second and third teams are Bordeux and Atalanta :D 

But a second team in the Premier League? naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ... gtfo Gharper :D 

• Like 1

Is Wenger the most successful manager they have had since Berte Mee?  People underesitimate how good a job he has done there.Its only in the last couple of years he's been able to compete in the transfer market. 

I'd be absolutely staggered if a team won the league with a forward line of Giroud, Walcott and Wellbeck.

they also have that Chilean lad who isnt half bad

I see Jack Wheelchair has been injured again. This time a suspected hairline fracture of his left fibula and he may be out for 3 months or at best 6 to 8 weeks.

Some newspapers saying could to be up to 6 months

Isn't this the 5th long term ankle injury in 6 seasons?

Edited by Jimzk5

Hes one of the biggest bellends in football, but it is a shame he cant get a consistent run. Great potential. Wonder when wenger will say enough is enough. Probably another couple of years but just cant see it changing

Edited by gharperr

something ive always been confused about because this forum is so big on saying "X is over rated massively". When people talk about them in the media do you think theyre talking about current ability or potential?

Because ill be surprised if theres many in the media who talks about sterling/wilshire/kane as being world class or extremely extremely good. Most of the time, imo, theyre often talking about their potential, which you just cant deny for sterling/wilshire/kane. They are good players, potentially extremely good (sterling only one i would put in who is potentially world class). I just dont see how anyone can argue that. I dont know, i just think a lot of fans think media are bigging them up due to their current ability when a lot of the hype is about their potential

could be wrong

Edited by gharperr

Â