PieFacE

Arsenal wont win the league, cech alone will not stop them losing points against teams like us, stoke & west ham.

Go toe to toe with arsenal and they will rip you apart (like the cup final) but they are weak at the back and they have 'off' days to often to win the league.

That's true but the question of whether they will win the league is dependent on them changing to a better and more focused team.

True but cech is only a small part of that change, he will only be as good as the back 4 in front of him and I just don't think that defence is that good.

They never replaced Campbell or viera & until they do they wont win the league

Nope. Cech is an improvement but they've not improved enough to close the gap and they still have the other weaknesses that have been their downfall in recent seasons.

They really should have signed Benteke I will never ever understand why they didn't.

Guess 32m is a lot of money for a backup striker. Don't think he'd replace Giroud.

*confused face*

Why?

Benzema has been poor for the past season tbh, i dont see what the fuss is about him. Id take Benteke over him

He was poor in comparison to Suarez and Neymar but still scored 22 goals last season. I think he would be as good as Costa in the Premier League. The top end la liga players eat the Premier League up. 

Arsenal wont win the league, cech alone will not stop them losing points against teams like us, stoke & west ham.

Go toe to toe with arsenal and they will rip you apart (like the cup final) but they are weak at the back and they have 'off' days to often to win the league.

That's true but the question of whether they will win the league is dependent on them changing to a better and more focused team.

True but cech is only a small part of that change, he will only be as good as the back 4 in front of him and I just don't think that defence is that good.

This is interesting from last season:

Chelsea.....conceded 32 goals

Man. City conceded 38 goals

Arsenal conceded 36 goals

Man. United conceded 37 goals

The Man. United one is a bit of an anamoly as without some incredible DDG saves it would've been closer to 50 goals.

When you look at it Arsenal playing half of last season without a competant DM and a full season without a world class keeper and yet they conceded less than City and only 4 more than the defensive masterclass Chelsea.

They're not far away at all really.

Last season Wenger messed up by somehow not signing a CB in August so they had to play Metesacker and Kos who were both exhausted by the world cup. Their only back was Chambers and Monreal.

I remember at Stoke they put a back 4 out with Bellerin in for his debut and Chambers at CB, 3 down after 40 minutes.

Despite all that they still concede less than goal a game over course of the season. Think DM is more of a concern as Coquelin has helped them there.

• Like 1

Yes a goalkeeper makes all the difference to the defence. They had no confidence in Szczesny who became a liability. Man U and Chelsea had the best goalkeepers. John Terry had an incredible season but he'll be 35 this season.  I think Gabriel will be a fantastic defender for Arsenal. I agree dm is their weakness. 

This is interesting from last season:

Chelsea.....conceded 32 goals

Man. City conceded 38 goals

Arsenal conceded 36 goals

Man. United conceded 37 goals

The Man. United one is a bit of an anamoly as without some incredible DDG saves it would've been closer to 50 goals.

When you look at it Arsenal playing half of last season without a competant DM and a full season without a world class keeper and yet they conceded less than City and only 4 more than the defensive masterclass Chelsea.

They're not far away at all really.

Last season Wenger messed up by somehow not signing a CB in August so they had to play Metesacker and Kos who were both exhausted by the world cup. Their only back was Chambers and Monreal.

I remember at Stoke they put a back 4 out with Bellerin in for his debut and Chambers at CB, 3 down after 40 minutes.

Despite all that they still concede less than goal a game over course of the season. Think DM is more of a concern as Coquelin has helped them there.

That's a good stat but Imo it also backs up my point, with a decent defender & midfielder they wouldn't be losing 3-0 away to stoke

Nope. Cech is an improvement but they've not improved enough to close the gap and they still have the other weaknesses that have been their downfall in recent seasons.

They really should have signed Benteke I will never ever understand why they didn't.

Guess 32m is a lot of money for a backup striker. Don't think he'd replace Giroud. However, it could be the difference between them winning the league and not so it would be worth it.

Benteke is a better player than Giroud and far has scored more goals for us in three seasons than he has for them.

If Benteke can out score Giroud with the service he got here how many would he score for them?

Benteke is a better player than Giroud and far has scored more goals for us in three seasons than he has for them.

If Benteke can out score Giroud with the service he got here how many would he score for them?

If darren bent could score 20+ goals for sunderland im sure he would have scored 40 for Arsenal....not transferable. Giroud offers way more for arsenal than just goals. Benteke isnt better for arsenal setup and would never replace giroud. Goals per game in the league is the same for both of them.

giroud linkup play is just worldclass <3 

ku-xlarge.gif

Benteke qualities drop when playing for a side like arsenal

Edited by gharperr

And I could quite as easily post gif's of Benteke linking up like the goal up at Anfield.

But little point, we are never going to agree but in my view Benteke is the better player.

Giroud 41 goals in 81 games

Benteke 42 goals in 82 games.

Giroud playing for one of the most creative and attacking teams in the league.

Benteke playing for an absolute pile of shite.

Guess 32m is a lot of money for a backup striker. Don't think he'd replace Giroud.

*confused face*

Why?

Because as Trent says, Benteke is a much, much better player. 

I agree he is better. I just don't think he is £32m better, especially if Arsenal are keeping their powder dry for a potential Benzema deal.

They will never win the title again whilst Arsene Wenger is in charge.

He can only get his team to perform when the title is already lost or the pressure is off. When was the last time they got anywhere in the CL? Look at last year against Monaco at the Emirates, complete **** naivety..and it comes from the top....and it has been happening for the past decade.

Arsenal will start slowly, lose to the big boys, the title will be gone and all of a sudden they will start playing again when there is not much riding on it. Then it will be their year again..

They will never win the title again whilst Arsene Wenger is in charge.

He can only get his team to perform when the title is already lost or the pressure is off. When was the last time they got anywhere in the CL? Look at last year against Monaco at the Emirates, complete **** naivety..and it comes from the top....and it has been happening for the past decade.

Arsenal will start slowly, lose to the big boys, the title will be gone and all of a sudden they will start playing again when there is not much riding on it. Then it will be their year again..

This type of argument seems to rely on the past being a perfect guide to the future, which it isn't. History might repeat itself, or it might not. 

Â