PieFacE

During the mid 80s Villa introduced a ticketing scale whereby you paid more to watch us play the big 6 clubs. Arsenal were definitely one of them, as were Everton. 

I don't think Chelsea were even top flight at that time incidentally and definitely were not classed as top 6.  I can't remember exactly who they were but Citeh definitely wouldn't have been amongst them either. 

Edited by sidcow

39 minutes ago, sidcow said:

During the mid 80s Villa introduced a ticketing scale whereby you paid more to watch us play the big 6 clubs. Arsenal were definitely one of them, as were Everton. 

I don't think Chelsea were even top flight at that time incidentally and definitely were not classed as top 6.  I can't remember exactly who they were but Citeh definitely wouldn't have been amongst them either. 

Liverpool ManU Arsenal Villa Everton Tottenham.

Citeh and Chelsea were on a par with spam Derby Forest Ipswich Wednesday etc

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Lavazza, the coffee people, have apparently contacted Arsenal threatening to pull their sponsorship of the club unless they discipline Mohamed Elneny after Elneney posted on his social media in support of the people of Palestine.

Now for me that crosses all sorts of lines - firstly that I've always believed that a person should be able to put forward their opinions in isolation of their employer and that their employer shouldn't be involved in the personal opinions of their employees unless those opinions relate directly to the job. So in this case, it shouldn't be any of Arsenal's business unless it's about football.

Secondly, sponsorship is about exposing your brand, if a company sponsors a sports team, they don't get ownership of the opinions of its employees, they get to stick their logo on some things - that's it. Arsenal should be telling them to do one. It'll be interesting to see if they do that, I doubt they will; money and it's nasty influence on football generally wins through.

And thirdly Lavazza should be ashamed of themselves, just the idea that because they pay for advertising space with a brand, they should have a right to control the political and social opinions of employees of that brand, a company that they don't own or run, is absolutely shocking - never mind the fact that they're also on the wrong side of that argument to start with.

And of course, should you ever get told that there is no corporate protection of the way in which the state of Israel is presented, maybe think back on this as an example.

Fair play to Mr Elneny on this one, I hope Arsenal have the balls to back him and I hope Lavazza see consumers boycott their products as a result. 

Not the 1st Arsenal player to get in trouble for similar actions. Ozil was pretty much not wanted after his support for Uighirs in China

• Like 4

I dont understand what Arsenal fans think Ek will do for the club, he has shortchanged a lot of musicians to get to the top, he isnt some philanthropist. Why would he not do the same to the football club

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand what Arsenal fans think Ek will do for the club, he has shortchanged a lot of musicians to get to the top, he isnt some philanthropist. Why would he not do the same to the football club

He has gotten his company to the top by being ruthless. Presumably he would also look at doing the same for Arsenal. He’s also a boyhood fan of the club. 

They are going backwards under the current owners. I can see why the fans would want a new owner. Particularly one who is a childhood fan and a billionaire with a demonstrated success of building a business up from scratch. 

I’m more surprised you don’t understand why their fans would want that 🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Mantis said:

Can't think of any other club in the country whose fans throw such enormous tantrums when they don't get what they want. Honestly it's hilarious to see.

Well in fairness when you hound out your most successful manager ever for just finishing top 4 and then being pissed his replacement couldn't pronounce English but won so many Europa Leagues that they now have a learner driver in charge

I feel so much sympathy for them 

• Like 3

Yeah **** em. I used to hate Arsenal the least of the scum 6, but they're so damn entitled just like the rest of em. They deserve no sympathy after hounding out the one man that even made this entitlement possible. They'd be Everton-tier if it weren't for Wenger.

• Like 1

I think that's a bit harsh

Look at utd and arsenal 

Now look at utd fans rioting and getting games postponed... They're in a far far healthier position than arsenal, the glaziers are better owners than kroenke 

Arsenal fans should be unhappy, they're us under Lerner just with a better squad 

Edited by villa4europe

2 minutes ago, sne said:

After Ruben Neves now apparently. Good player, not sure he will address their needs thou.

Will replace ceballos who wasn't very good, xhaka who is gash and elneny who was never good enough

I think with ESR coming through to be a starter week in week out next season neves is a better signing for them than buendia 

• Like 1

Â