Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

No one on twitter from the BCFC side seems unhappy about this. On the contrary, they're thrilled with the price.

I know nothing about him so can't really comment, but the reactions don't seem good. 

He scored 20 goals for them last season.. They were shit last season. It appears they were expecting him to score all 60+ goals they needed to be a decent mid-table side.. 

Personally a striker that scores 20 goals in a season has done his job, it's on the other striker and the midfielders to contribute. Yeah in an ideal world a team wants a player that scores 10+ more than that but he was not their issue last season.

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bristol City fans seem happy about the money. Such a weird stance to take, you just lost a guy who scored 20 goals for you last season. Sod the money, you've no time to reinvest. 

Bonkers. Good luck to them. 

Welcome Johnny! 

They can have kozak and agbonlahor for a combined 10m

Just now, One For The Road said:

Not impressed but at least we are bringing in a world class striker as well so this is obviously a back up. Expensive for a back up striker in the Championship tho. 

Making a sarcastic comment about the owner after he's spent 11m on a striker.

Some fans :crylaugh:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Bristol City fans seem happy about the money. Such a weird stance to take, you just lost a guy who scored 20 goals for you last season. Sod the money, you've no time to reinvest. 

Bonkers. Good luck to them. 

Welcome Johnny! 

as a city fan it seems hes wanted out for a while,

and our recruitment this year seems well planned out so it wouldn't surprise me if we've already signed his replacement.

11M I do think is over the odds for him, he is a good player and will cause defence problems, but when andre gray was sold for 9 million ish last year it puts it into perspective.

He will do a good job, his finishing can be off. But he scored 20 goals for us and used us a stepping stone (as expected) i will wish him well!

3 minutes ago, Dean said:

as a city fan it seems hes wanted out for a while,

and our recruitment this year seems well planned out so it wouldn't surprise me if we've already signed his replacement.

11M I do think is over the odds for him, he is a good player and will cause defence problems, but when andre gray was sold for 9 million ish last year it puts it into perspective.

He will do a good job, his finishing can be off. But he scored 20 goals for us and used us a stepping stone (as expected) i will wish him well!

Yes but I reckon prices have been inflated since last year. 

Â