Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, AntrimBlack said:

Interesting claim, Useless. Why do you think that?

I don't know who is the better player of the 2, but they both have similar records at championship level, and the season before last Hernandezwas completely out of his depth at PL. 

28 minutes ago, Skills said:

wanted Abel, but oh well...

To the Bristol city fan, is he the type of striker to hold the ball up and wait for support or the type to turn at the defender and back himself in??

"  From a Bristol city fan. Not consistent enough. Doesn't work hard enough. And is offside most of the time. Thanks for the 3 points and the 15 million"

I am not convinced with Kodjia but I hope he proves me wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

"  From a Bristol city fan. Not consistent enough. Doesn't work hard enough. And is offside most of the time. Thanks for the 3 points and the 15 million"

Saw the same comments about Benteke.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

Saw the same comments about Benteke.

I hate this argument. I understand Benteke worked out exceptionally, but for every 1 Benteke, there are loads of Veretouts, Sanchez, etc.

We all wanted a second proper striker.  We all know a decent striker could be the difference between promotion and  - what ? - we all know this guy can score goals.

I have already said I have no clue why anyone cares about the fee.  "It might go wrong when the owner gets fed up" seems to be the size of it.  Yeah, it might.  Or it might go wrong now.  Or it might never go wrong.

Nothing is as valuable as a goalscorer, nothing.  £11m, £15m, £18 m, £8m ?  Any figure could in theory be "a problem" if all goes wrong.  And all those amounts combined wouldn't be a problem if we go up.

Very very very pleased with this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Player leaving is no longer good shock horror.. I mean he scored 20 goals for them last season, he was not the reason for their lack of fortune.

• Like 1

Just now, Czechlad said:

I hate this argument. I understand Benteke worked out exceptionally, but for every 1 Benteke, there are loads of Veretouts, Sanchez, etc.

What? What argument? :D

It was a direct comparison of people saying the same comments about Benteke when we signed him.

I meant it in the sense of, lets wait and see before writing him off, which some have done already.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

What? What argument? :D

It was a direct comparison of people saying the same comments about Benteke when we signed him.

I meant it in the sense of, lets wait and see before writing him off, which some have done already.

I'm not writing him off, I just think we overpaid by a lot. 

Kodjia hasn't managed to score this season yet which is also worrying. 

In line with inflation of prices with the injection of money, the 11m basic would be more like 7/8m 2 years ago.

And it isn't our money so why moan about prices?

If anything, it's exciting because it says we HAVE money to spend.

• Like 1

Not fussed about the price tag. We over paid but I think we're reasonably wealthy these days and he will have a resale value at some point so we don't know the real cost/value is until he eventually moves on.  Personally, I like the look of him and think he will do well in our team.  If he score 15+ goals and helps us win promotion it will be the best money we ever spent. 

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

No one on twitter from the BCFC side seems unhappy about this. On the contrary, they're thrilled with the price.

I know nothing about him so can't really comment, but the reactions don't seem good. 

Let them have the money. We'll have the striker who scored 20 goals last season. No drama. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'm not writing him off, I just think we overpaid by a lot. 

Kodjia hasn't managed to score this season yet which is also worrying. 

He was pushed out to the wing this season apparently.

• Like 2

Â