• Ayew
    • Amavi (Cissokho 17)
    • Kozak (De Laet 70)
    • Green (Westwood 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

9 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Can't say what's wrong as I didn't see or hear the game today. But if you introduce a lot of players together into a new team they will take a while to gel. I think it's one of our main issues ever since MON went, we don't stick with anything long enough. We're far too reactionary with players and managers. Most of the players we bought at the beginning of last season are decent players, but we expected everyone to suddenly play together. We seem to ruin every player or manager who comes here but it's not because they were rubbish before they came or after, it's just we don't have enough patience.

The difference this season though is Dr X is far too tenacious to leave any stone unturned so will not get complacent like Lerner did. We'll start winning pretty soon and won't look back.

I agree too many players being changed at one time brings its own problems.....but if we are to be on the right lines of gelling,little shoots of progress are usually evident as we go. its progressive not a sudden change and that progression should be identified from month to month.

• Like 1

I like my job.  It pays well, it's pretty secure, it's fairly enjoyable.   I do have to work anti-social hours though, comes with the territory when you are in public transport and over the past 18 years I've been doing this for a living the late shift on a Saturday afternoon has been my least favourite because it means I miss the football.  For some reason I don't mind it so much these days.  Funny that. 

I also predicted that it's likely we won't go straight back up. A playoff spot is possible, but once in, it's basically a crap shoot. sad if the team were given abuse from villa fans. Sobering start to the season.

After the shite of last season and trying to bed in 6 new players into the first team today, asking for everything to be fixed after 5 games is a bit much.

Unfortunately the losing from a winning position is part of the club culture after the last few years so it will take a good while (and maybe a different keeper) to get rid of it. My only worry is that I don't think it will be done in time to mount a challenge for auto promotion. 

Prove me wrong RDM. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Can't say what's wrong as I didn't see or hear the game today. But if you introduce a lot of players together into a new team they will take a while to gel. I think it's one of our main issues ever since MON went, we don't stick with anything long enough. We're far too reactionary with players and managers. Most of the players we bought at the beginning of last season are decent players, but we expected everyone to suddenly play together. We seem to ruin every player or manager who comes here but it's not because they were rubbish before they came or after, it's just we don't have enough patience.

The difference this season though is Dr X is far too tenacious to leave any stone unturned so will not get complacent like Lerner did. We'll start winning pretty soon and won't look back.

We gave Lambert 3 years post-MON? But we need to accept its going to take time. I feel we have the right personnel, and we need to add a few more. Gollini needs to get up to speed though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa_shere said:

Problem is, in the standard of league we playing in we haven't created that many chances. Equally in some of those games we have given the opposition chances too.

In sure there was something a week or so ago showing we have created the most chances in the league so far. Given what I've heard about the first half again same thing happened like at Huddersfield. Dominated but only 1-0 up at half time. A lapse in concentration and it's gone. 

The team playing together longer and someone to convert the chances and we will be up there. Don't forget we are only 8 points off the top and we have 41 games to go! A LOT will change.

• Like 1

Calypso-Collapso. I still can't quite believe just how different the 2 halves were today. We bossed the first half, looked organised and City looked like a bang average championship side. Ayew should have squared the ball and we would have won 2-0, no problem. Then the same old problems even with half a new side. Once the first went it they fell apart. Jedinak didn't look fit, Amavi was struggling and our back four was all over the place.

Justifying every defeat with the new team needs to gell mantra is starting to sound Lambertesque. I am starting to get a tad concerned. This was down as a win for us. City will not finish above mid table. Forest already looks like a big one. Same old shit.

Edited by The Fun Factory

3 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

We all know this is not a shit team

I keep hearing this but honestly how do we actually know this? From all the evidence so far we are struggling in this league. Perhaps, dispite all the money spent, we just have a shit team?

It is still a real possibility. 

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

We gave Lambert 3 years post-MON? But we need to accept its going to take time. I feel we have the right personnel, and we need to add a few more. Gollini needs to get up to speed though.

Agreed but Lambert is starting to look like a miracle worker at the moment.

Calm down. We were shit.

Ayew needs to be 'rested' for the next 6 games with a proper striker up front.

Wasteful finishing and selfish play doesn't go well. Fair enough if he finished half the chances he messed up.

Going in 3-0 up and the game is completely different and would have been against Huddersfield.

Blaming the keeper when we would have and should have been clear by 3 goals is a bit rich. 

• Like 2

If Gollini was spelt Gee.You.Zed.Ay.En then people would be calling for his head, and rightly so.

He spills the ball, results in a goal. Opposition keeper spills the ball, gets rid straight after.

Easy to say? Yes. Easy to judge? Yes. Cost us points on multiple occasions? Oh Yes!

30 minutes ago, Chewie said:

If Gollini was spelt Gee.You.Zed.Ay.En then people would be calling for his head, and rightly so.

He spills the ball, results in a goal. Opposition keeper spills the ball, gets rid straight after.

Easy to say? Yes. Easy to judge? Yes. Cost us points on multiple occasions? Oh Yes!

I guess his only difference to Guzan is that he's only been with us months, where Guzan was years and years. Jury's still out on Gollini for me. Actually don't think he did a lot wrong on the free kick and got a bit unlucky on the first. The Huddersfield clearance he would get right 9/10 times and just needs better understanding with his defence. As such, willing to give him a bit longer before calling in Bunn. Pulling him would be dreadful for his confidence and could ruin a perfectly decent £4m player for us. 

Â