The Championship thread

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

SSN yellow ticker saying West Brom bid £7M for Bobby Reid. Thought he was out of contract?

He has year left on his contract after the club triggered an extra year option on it. Other clubs will be looking at him as well. Good signing for a club with some money. I wonder whether City like us need to bring in some cash and The Baggies are aware of that hence what seems a low bid?

On 07/06/2018 at 10:56, sne said:

The lure of the premier league is ridiculous, it’s getting to the point where I’d like the Sky 6 to sod off into a European league and leave the rest of us to fight it out for best of England.

Also it amazes me how spurs keep the wages so low

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I see forest are bringing in another European player on loan worth 17m. Question is how are they affording this?? They have not been in premier league in years.

This ffp stinks.

Are they paying £17m to loan him? That would be the worst deal in history.

2 hours ago, sne said:

Are they paying £17m to loan him? That would be the worst deal in history.

No that's how much it would cost if he signs permanently. The point is how can a 17m player be interested in joining a struggling championship side like forest

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No that's how much it would cost if he signs permanently. The point is how can a 17m player be interested in joining a struggling championship side like forest

Exposure to earn a bigger move. 

As we all know you are urless unless you have proved yourself in England. 

Has something happened at Forest?  They've been nowhere in the Chumpionship for 6 seasons now.  They were 40/1 fifteenth favourites before the start of last season, ended up finishing 17th, and yet now they're joint 6th favourites with us at 12/1 going into this season.  I'm obviously missing something.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

Has something happened at Forest?  They've been nowhere in the Chumpionship for 6 seasons now.  They were 40/1 fifteenth favourites before the start of last season, ended up finishing 17th, and yet now they're joint 6th favourites with us at 12/1 going into this season.  I'm obviously missing something.

New owner, POB and Jorge Mendes is on board

• Thanks 1

This is the last year in the championship, we played many games without JT and Jack, we can beat any one that is stuck in mire with us. We have a the best start we could have hoped for and should have plenty of points on the board by October. 

?

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Boro signing flint for 6m. Perfect hoofball tactics. Good signing for them. I think boro will be in top two next year.

Pulis painting by numbers again. He'll be their Huth/Craig Dawson and score 10 + from corners. He does that for Bristol.

43 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Pulis painting by numbers again. He'll be their Huth/Craig Dawson and score 10 + from corners. He does that for Bristol.

signing players to fit into a system?

Didn't know you were allowed to do that.

we should try it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sne said:

signing players to fit into a system?

Didn't know you were allowed to do that.

we should try it.

get-out-cary-grant4kfa9.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Forest have now signed Algerian winger Soudani from Dinano Zagreb. From what I have read they say he was the best player in Croatian league since Modric left. Good goal record for his position and another player with Portugal links. If they get a good centre forward they will be up there this season.

Â