The Championship thread

TrentVilla

38 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

After a ropey couple of weeks, Leicester have most things go their way this weekend.

Ipswich lose. Southampton and Leeds both drop points.

I say most things have gone their wayobviously the Rooney juggernaut kicking into gear will have them have grateful there are two automatic promotion spaces up for grabs.

I think leeds will get 2nd. Dont rule wba out either. They been decent this year with no money and a poor squad. Somehow they lost to blose though

Maybe the correct thread as that was where he was most recently playing (Stoke)…

Phil Jagielka has retired. He made his first team debut for Sheffield United on 5th May 2000.

I was in the middle of doing my A levels when he played that day. Can’t be many players left whom I can say that about.

20 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think leeds and Leicester will finish top two

Can see Ipswich not lasting the pace. Would love to see Ipswich back in PL

How come you can't see Ipswich lasting the pace?  Because they're newly promoted?

9 minutes ago, bobzy said:

How come you can't see Ipswich lasting the pace?  Because they're newly promoted?

I think leeds have a stronger squad and the experience 

Honestly i hope to god im wrong. Rather Ipswich than leeds any day

On 29/11/2023 at 22:00, rodders0223 said:

How is Wagner still employed?

Got our new sporting director in a few weeks ago, he's supposedly assessing before making any big calls.

We really should have been rid before the last international break but instead of that Delia Smith called him to give him her support, essentially undermining the incoming sporting director.

We'll be getting spanked by Ipswich in a couple of weeks, I would imagine Ben Knapper's plan will be just about complete by then.

Sunderland finished top six last season with one of the lowest budgets in the league after many were tipping them to be in a relegation battle, and they're just three points off the play-offs now, I watched them earlier in the season and they were playing some very good football with a young team, so seems a strange decision to sack Mowbray to me. They must have someone they rate highly in mind to replace him, if Forest sack Cooper they could a lot worse than go for him as is very good at working with promising young players, and Sunderland have a few of those, would also put them in a position to attract some of the best PL academy players in January as clubs will trust Cooper to help with their development, but obviously Cooper not even been sacked yet and might not be, we will have to see what happens, Sunderland currently being linked to Eustace and Will Still

10 minutes ago, useless said:

Relentless Ipwich climb to the Championship sumit with impressive away win against Watford.

Leeds defeated by Sunderland

Ipswich now ten points ahead of third placed Leeds

Could be a renewal of our old 1981 rivalry next season.  :)

Â