The Championship thread

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, useless said:

None of the Play-Off teams go into them on form, Norwich and Southampton are twelfth and thirteenth over the last six games, West Brom sixteenth, and Leeds twenty-second, they all won just one of their last four games.

A lottery then! Should be a fun watch. 

From a Villa point of view Southampton would be best I reckon easy enough to sit in the home end they don't seem to sell out.

The fact everyone's coming into the playoffs in poor form pretty much means that nobody will be thinking about it and it's even more of a straight shootout than usual.

We'll be looking to sit behind the ball and grind out 1-0 or penalty shootout wins. 

West Brom have been the most cohesive unit of the 4 but probably lack the individual quality of the other 3. 

Southampton fans don't like Russ Martin's tactics but I think they at least get to the final.

Leeds really should win it with their squad they have. They really only need one of about 6 players to turn up on the day. Hopefully we can stop them but I can't see it.

4 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Hull sacking Rosenior is bizarre I think he will do well wherever he ends up.

Those owners are consistently stupid. Yes they tailed off toward the end of the season, but it seemed from the outside like he was building something that would pay off in time. Rosenior is a smart guy and I hope he picks his next club wisely because I'd like to see him do well. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Wow, I'm genuinely shocked that they've sacked him.  Poor decision IMO.

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Those owners are consistently stupid. Yes they tailed off toward the end of the season, but it seemed from the outside like he was building something that would pay off in time. Rosenior is a smart guy and I hope he picks his next club wisely because I'd like to see him do well. 

They bought the fans a beer for Saturday and in the statement praised the managers work😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

Unless he rocks up at the Sty

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

I wonder if Argyle might be after him now that they've avoided relegation. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley Barnes returns to Norwich line-up to boost their chances - I think they've only won three of something like sixteen games that he hasn't started

But I think Leeds probably favorites with home advantage, they had one of the best home records this season, Norwich one of the worst

Although to give Norwich some hope Leeds have just taken one point from their last three at home and have just won one of their last seven

On 16/05/2024 at 14:02, MachoFantastico said:

Considering the first leg was one of the most boring games I've seen this year, hopefully with a final at stake we'll see a better game tonight. 

Each of those first games were awful. Even applying real ale to the problem didn't make them better.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Help an American. Why dirty Leeds, and not just Leeds?

It refers to their team of mid/late 1970s.....they were very good, skillful but also very good at the dark arts of the game.....dodgy tackles, nasty side digs, thuggish behaviour etc. 

The nickname kind of stuck from back then

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It refers to their team of mid/late 1970s.....they were very good, skillful but also very good at the dark arts of the game.....dodgy tackles, nasty side digs, thuggish behaviour etc. 

The nickname kind of stuck from back then

Oh, love it. Will have to look that up and read about it more. Thanks for educating.

• Like 1

Â