Entertainment - Championship or Prem

hippo

Desperately want us to get promoted as I am sure we all do.

Must say though the 3 games I have seen so far have been far more entertaining than the ultra efficient, robotic premiership borefest that is hyped as the 'Premier League'

Even Rotheram came and tried to gives us a game.

Listening to the radio on the way to the game, Albion fans were applauding pullis and his ability to shut up shop - and grind out 1-0's - quitein the crowd, ...seriously whats it all about ?

The hype is we get to see Pogba, and all the great starts of chelsea and Man city, etc....

The reality is Everton, stoke and Bournemouth rock up , stick 10 behind the ball , time waste, and settle for a point.......

Sure you can see the quality isn't quite there in the championship - but the joy of seeing 2 teams, end to end, giving it both barrels, marvelous stuff.

Should we get promoted, I can see myself get all nostalgic for the championship, when stoke turn up and stick 11 geezers behind the ball........ 

• Like 4

I've been wholly entertained by what I've seen so far in this league. It's competitive throughout and it seems that teams are willing to have a go. That may change a bit towards the latter stages when there's positions to protect. I also like the derbies that we've got coming up, plus living in South Yorkshire there's lots of local 'derbies' for me too. That said though, I still want us to go up and challenge for Europe again. I'll enjoy the ride for now but don't want to get stuck down here. The premier league isn't all bad, there's some exciting and entertaining games with plenty of goals. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I have no idea considering I'm resorting to listening to BBC radio Leeds in bed on a Tuesday night to get my Villa fix.

Yeah. Especially for those of us outside of England, relegation has almost taken away our ability to closely follow the team. It it upsetting considering these are games I am actually interested in seeing as opposed to the day-ruining dross we had full coverage of the last several seasons. 

• Like 1

I don't miss the premier league at all. I know the scores from the weekend but watched none of it. Channel 5 on a Saturday is all I watched! 

Because of the extra quality, teams know if they make a mistake they will get punished so sit back. I've not seen our games apart from Wednesday, but know from watching the championship in seasons gone by it's a bit more blood and thunder... So yes I'm enjoying it too hippo!

• Like 3

From reading accounts of fans who were witness to previous lower-league campaigns, there definitely seems to be a galvanising aspect to those seasons.  Even attendances can go up when it defies most logic.  When you factor in the easier opposition by virtue of the lower level, you do seem to get a very enjoyable season all things considered.  Especially if; as looks to be the case this season too; it all goes a long way towards righting the wrongs from the previous campaign(s) within the squad and puts the club back on a stronger footing.

But for me there is only place to be and that is the Premier League.  I've no doubt if this season goes well, we will indeed look back wistfully at it and regard it as a necessary and an enjoyable step in the process.  But that's because 'the process' is all about being in one place.

I think for many of us, entertainment comes in the form of hope, thinking we might actually win a game. 

I'm enjoying this season more than the last few simply because I'm not expecting a spanking every week, and the players themselves seem not to be words removed. But I'd rather be winning games in the PL than in the Championship. 

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Listening to moronic radio commentators, and flitting about picking up bits of text - oh no - I need to be able to see games.

When the first stream went down, and we had to switch to the Huddersfield radio one I wanted to shoot myself!

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think for many of us, entertainment comes in the form of hope, thinking we might actually win a game. 

I'm enjoying this season more than the last few simply because I'm not expecting a spanking every week, and the players themselves seem not to be words removed. But I'd rather be winning games in the PL than in the Championship. 

I think you are spot on. I'm looking forward to games more than I have been since the O'Neill days as I can see us winning more than we lose. 

There is a novelty factor as well at the moment but I dare say if we are still in this division in a couple of years, or are sitting in the lower half of the table in 6 months time, then that will have worn off.

• Like 1

Other than being a big fish in a small pond, nope no positives of being in the lower leagues for me.

The Championship is a second rate league (if that) and the players in it are the same. We will win more games, sure. But getting out of this league asap is the only goal.

The fact that I won't be able to actually watch the games isn't exactly adding to the entertainment.

Entertainment - yes its the Championship. 

But only one place to be and thats the Premier League. I'm still upset and angry that we got relegated and are slumming it in this league, and want to be back in the premier league ASAP. 

Yeah - what they've said.

Apart from a vague bit of novelty reporting - Villa in the championship LOL type  - coverage is chronic.  It's nice to not always be losing and to have a bit of hope.  But I would prefer that to be the case while we're in the PL.

The stakes are so high for us I think by the end of the season it won't be fun anymore, it'll be unbearable tension.  Particularly if it comes to playoffs.

Winning football is entertaining. Attacking football is entertaining. Struggling week in and week out no matter what league isn't. Don't let the last 5 years deflect from where and what we want to be and that's a top Premier League club. Enjoy the Championship for the change it is but let's get back up where we belong and get a team we can be proud of again. 

I have enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It doesn't matter who it was against, the win at home was more enjoyable than any game I've been to for a long time. 

As others have said, I'm sure the novelty will wear off, but right now I'm more excited and enjoying being a villa fan than I have been in years

The Championship has been more entertaining because we've not been totally overmatched every game. If we beat Bournemouth the way we played against Rotherham, we would've been equally entertained. Teams in this league will still do the same against top sides.

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Channel 5 on a Saturday is all I watched! 

You poor bloke. 

Cant stand the channel 5 show at all. It's all just faff and adverts with a couple of hastily put together goal packages. 

Give me MOTD anytime, it's not perfect but you get much more feeling of what's going on in the rest of the league every week

2 minutes ago, Duck said:

You poor bloke. 

Cant stand the channel 5 show at all. It's all just faff and adverts with a couple of hastily put together goal packages. 

Give me MOTD anytime, it's not perfect but you get much more feeling of what's going on in the rest of the league every week

I don't understand why I'm a poor bloke? Villa won and I watched as much as I could wether it was the shittest programme on 5 or MOTD presented by a half naked Gary lineker!

Â