James Chester

KJT123

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

So bad for the goal

The whole defence was. Terry let the striker dominate and turn him, Chester didn't deal with the second chance and then Whelen put the ball through for them!

But in the first half Chester was outstanding. Three impeccably timed last second challenges to collect the ball and break up promising attacks for Forest. He's having a poorer season than last season so far but is still playing ok and is better than Terry at the moment.

2 hours ago, AVTuco said:

My POTY last year, but has not been so good this year. His lack of speed has been exposed a few times, and some crucial errors too. 

I believe he'll be better when season progresses.

That chap they brought on on the left really did expose his lack of speed at one point. 

Started the season a bit shakily, but back up to speed now. He was brilliant again yesterday. Made two superb tackles in the first 10 minutes.

The goal is down to Whelan for me. Would have been comfortably cleared if not for him.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

For me an 8 million defender in this league should not be making any errors and chester makes a good few

What? 

People make mistakes, nobody is perfect irrespective of the level they're playing at. The best players in the world miss sitters including Ronaldo and Messi so should we consider them as underperforming too? 

• Like 2

Made 3 strong, clean beautiful challenges in the first quarter of an hour when we started like a bag of shit. 

You can't anticipate for your midfielder doing something like that for the goal. JT and Chester had it under control, it was Daryl Murphy ffs, he wasn't going to skill past them was he? What the **** Whelan is doing I don't know.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

We have 1 goal conceded in 4 or 5 matches now and people are complaining about the 1 goal?? Come on. Chester and Terry seem to finally be working out. Not surprising that it took them a few matches to work out the kinks.

No, not people. @Zatman

He seems to have a very critical view of Chester. Bafflingly so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I just dont rate him, cant say i have seen him play one game without looking a little suspect

Granted i dont see every game but would say seen him about 20 times for us

He was our best player last season and you called him a liability.

I'm not sure what you see when you watch him.

I just think he is slow, not commanding and makes sloppy passes at times. Partnership with Elphick was dire and his one game with samba was just as bad

We have been blessed with top defenders in the past that maybe i expect similar

On 9/24/2017 at 18:08, Zatman said:

I just think he is slow, not commanding and makes sloppy passes at times. Partnership with Elphick was dire and his one game with samba was just as bad

We have been blessed with top defenders in the past that maybe i expect similar

Do you seriously not rate Chester? I think him and Kodjia were RDMS best signings. Chester is brilliant in my opinion 

• Like 1

Just now, lexicon said:

I agree - I think he's good enough for the Premier League. 

I agree lexi. I was really suprised no one came in for him in the summer. Certianly one of the better cns we have had over the years.

Thw other thing i like about chester he hasnt moaned or bitched about being demoted from captain. His attitude could have gone downhill. Chester is class.

Â