UKIP/Reform NF Ltd and their non-racist well informed supporters

chrisp65

You don't have a right to a business account, or a YouTube channel, or a media platform of any sort. 

People aren't being shut out from basic needs. Nobody cares if Severn Trent is hooked up to some bastards house, bastards need water too, but YouTube doesn't need to give anyone time on their servers, NatWest doesn't have to give gilded services to bastards, Virgin doesn't have to allow a bastard to use their infrastructure to spout whatever rubbish they want to, and any business selling goods doesn't have to sell you anything if they don't want your money.

• Like 1

It’s all playing out a bit too well in Farages favour. I really want this claim about 10 banks turning him down to be investigated.

My suspicion is that either:

1) It’s completely made up 

or

2) He made ludicrous demands for his new account purely so his application would be rejected and he could play the victim.

26 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You can't have reputational damage for providing services every person and company are entitled to without prejudice like banking, telecommunications, electricity, water, computers, furniture etc. It's ridiculous, if it was allowed then the companies of people would just be targeted, law firm of this guy, youtube channel of that guy. 

It's like you are willfully not getting it. Further discussion is pointless

12 minutes ago, bickster said:

It's like you are willfully not getting it. Further discussion is pointless

I think you just ran out of answers when my point was made. Targeting a persons company account for closure because you don't agree with persons political views is a worrying thing if it happens. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think you just ran out of answers when my point was made. Targeting a persons company account for closure because you don't agree with persons political views is a worrying thing if it happens. 

You haven't made a point,Your  argument's fundamental premise is utterly wrong as pointed out by everybody arguing against you. YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. A. RIGHT. TO BUSINESS. BANKING. NOR. PRIVATE. BANKING

And you keep coming back to it, it's like punching a wall hoping it'll change its mind.

You Don't Have A Right To Have A Business Account, Or Any Non-Basic Service, From A Bank. Like Any Other Business, They Can Choose Whether They Want Your Money. And If You Are Likely To Be A Problem For Them That Outweighs Your Worth To Them, They Will Follow The Money And Bin You.

Here Endeth The Lesson.

• Like 2

The owner of GB News has made millions by betting against NatWest stock, after his channel spends days and days on negative coverage. 

hmm.

I wonder how much coverage this will get 

4 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The owner of GB News has made millions by betting against NatWest stock, after his channel spends days and days on negative coverage. 

hmm.

I wonder how much coverage this will get 

None because it's not woke.

• 2 months later...

On The News Agents this week they interviewed Gordon Smart (former editor of the Scottish Sun)

It was about Russel Brand maybe, but he basically implied, without stating it, that Dan Wooton was an absolute wrong 'un. Said he wasnt' surprised at all about the allegations against him and he'd seen some things that made him very uncomfortable

I know it's very unsurprising news, but still

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

On The News Agents this week they interviewed Gordon Smart (former editor of the Scottish Sun)

It was about Russel Brand maybe, but he basically implied, without stating it, that Dan Wooton was an absolute wrong 'un. Said he wasnt' surprised at all about the allegations against him and he'd seen some things that made him very uncomfortable

I know it's very unsurprising news, but still

Gordon Smart former editor of The Suns bizarre page and awarder to Brand of Shagger of the year being uncomfortable with the bed of snakes he asked to have brought to his room. 

• Like 2

On 26/07/2023 at 16:14, bickster said:

You haven't made a point,Your  argument's fundamental premise is utterly wrong as pointed out by everybody arguing against you. YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. A. RIGHT. TO BUSINESS. BANKING. NOR. PRIVATE. BANKING

And you keep coming back to it, it's like punching a wall hoping it'll change its mind.

It's not so much about having a right to those things per se, it's about the right not to be discriminated against because of your ideology.  In this case, political ideology has been invoked.  What if the Bank had decided they won't provide services to a prominent Muslims because they disagree with Islamic ideology.  Or a prominent Jew because they don't agree with Zionist Ideology.  Or a prominent Trans person because they don't agree with Gender Ideology?   

15 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

It's not so much about having a right to those things per se, it's about the right not to be discriminated against because of your ideology.  In this case, political ideology has been invoked.  What if the Bank had decided they won't provide services to a prominent Muslims because they disagree with Islamic ideology.  Or a prominent Jew because they don't agree with Zionist Ideology.  Or a prominent Trans person because they don't agree with Gender Ideology?   

Your political opinions are not a protected characteristic, nor can they be as some political opinions are illegal

Equating say race or religion with politics is a false premise

If I owned a pub, known Nazis wouldn't be allowed to drink in it. That is perfectly legal and allowable

9 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

it's about the right not to be discriminated against because of your ideology

There is no right not to be discriminated against because of your ideology.

A private business, providing a luxury banking service to wealthy customers has the right not to provide such services to people whose "ideology" would damage their (the bank's) reputation. Vladimir Putin has an ideology around rebuilding the former Soviet empire, but no one would blink at him being turned down.

Discrimination on religious grounds, or on ethnicity or gender is not "ideology" and there are laws in place covering discrimination around those aspects.

That said, the bank is probably home to quite a number of dubious customers, and ultimately Farage wasn't (unlike them) lucrative as a customer, so the reputational damage outweighed, in their view, any profit.

• Like 1

Â