International Football General Chat

villa4europe

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Bascially a bye...last time out New Zealand played a Mexico team on its knees....and lost 10-2 on aggregate I think.

They should just merge the rest of Oceania with Asia....Aussies already made the move and have benefited massively.

Funny table is funny . . . how in god's name did they manage to only draw with New Caledonia? Is that even a real place? It sounds like a Scottish spaceship. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

Although I am a fan of anything other than that awful Nike Template everyone has including the Dutch.  That is a fake unforunatley they only had the latest kit before the Euros like everyone else Nike make kits for.   The 4 stars above the badge are another indicator.

Indo article based on Sun quote

'That's the type of Irish-origin family he comes from': Football agent claims Irish background to blame for Rooney's behaviour

A Football agent quoted by The Sun newspaper says that Wayne Rooney's Irish roots played a part in his recent drinking controversy.

The England captain issued an apology after a late night celebration at the team hotel last weekend spilled over into a wedding reception on the premises, with his Man United manager Jose Mourihno reportedly furious over the incident.

The FA have since launched an investigation into what took place last Saturday after England's win over Scotland, with Rooney's role as captain allegedly in jeopardy.

One unnamed football agent, speaking in The Sun, seems to blame the striker's 'Irish origin' for his fondness for an occasional drink.

"Wayne’s always liked a drink," he said.

"That’s the culture and type of Irish-origin family he comes from.

“The worry is because of how big a part football is in his life when it goes there’s a big hole there and he replaces it with drink."

Rooney's paternal grandparents are Irish and the Man United star was eligible to line out for the Boys in Green as a result, although in 2015 he admitted that he never considered switching from the country of his birth.

Not surprised....poor start to world cup qualification and I think the job he did in 2014 was overrated....the US aren't some minnow, they're a regular at world cups now so getting to last 16 shouldn't be that big a deal, they made it in 2002 and 2010 after all.

Expect them to appoint D. Trump. ;)

25 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not surprised....poor start to world cup qualification and I think the job he did in 2014 was overrated....the US aren't some minnow, they're a regular at world cups now so getting to last 16 shouldn't be that big a deal, they made it in 2002 and 2010 after all.

Expect them to appoint D. Trump. ;)

even made last 8 in 2002

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

even made last 8 in 2002

Yep and could've gone further as they outplayed Germany and should've had a penalty when Frings handled on the line.

I think 2010 was their best squad....Donovan, Bradley and Dempsey were at their peak in that tournament but poor tactics from Bob Bradley held them back.

He's employing a scorched Earth policy on his way out the door, slagging off American fans for not understanding the sport...most hardcore American supporters know plenty, and he's enjoyed fantastic support home and away, so the backlash should be interesting. **** him. 

Â