International Football General Chat

villa4europe

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Ollie’s first of many International goals hopefully 

**** off Dixon you brown smelly party-pooper

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, foden has great movement, great passing range, just about great everything... But against a team that just wants to defend he can't move the pieces about by running and committing players in the way that grealish can 

Foden off grealish in the space would be absolutely deadly, I don't even want Jack left foden right, put foden in the middle then sancho or sterling on the right 

Yep, I think Foden and Grealish would complement each other really well.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

First Villa player to score on debut since Gerry Hitchens?

Darius scored an overhead kick on his debut. How could you forget!?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

Darius scored an overhead kick on his debut. How could you forget!?

That was a cracker too!

I seem to recall all the pundits raving about the Bolton striker, the other debutant Michael Rickets(?) pre-match with very little to say about Darius who then went on to score a cracker.

Vassel had a decent international career whilst Rickets slipped to obscurity soon after.  

1 minute ago, useless said:

Watkins came on made the scoreline look a little more respectful. I thought Bellingham looked good as well.

Yeah and me, really composed always to seem to pick the right pass with perfect weight

Add him to the list of talent that's too good for Southgate to mess up

Realistically ward prowse, Lingard, maybe but probably not Phillips all struggle to get in to the squad with these midfield options

Just now, villarule123 said:

We are so ridiculously stacked with talent coming through.

Bellingham, Foden, Sancho, Greenwood to name a few and hopefully we'll have a few of our own joining them in a few years.

No CBs though 

You're talking Godfrey as pretty much the only up and coming CB

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Agree, foden has great movement, great passing range, just about great everything... But against a team that just wants to defend he can't move the pieces about by running and committing players in the way that grealish can 

Foden off grealish in the space would be absolutely deadly, I don't even want Jack left foden right, put foden in the middle then sancho or sterling on the right 

Maddison in can with grealish and foden wide but can swap all over 3 to confused opponents 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I really like how the USMNT is going about things. Bringing in guys from all over and giving everyone their fair shot.

I think our future is very bright indeed with the likes of Pulisic,Dest,McKennie,Adams,Steffen,etc.

🇺🇸

10-15 years ago I would have put the Australian national team ahead of USMNT or at the very least level. The production line of talent you guys have going now compared to ours (which has very much gone off the tracks) is simply depressing.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not just England U21s who messed up. France with the highly rated Camavinga and others lost to Denmark

some players are probably thinking, if we get knocked out here we might have a chance of making the main squad in summer :D 

4 hours ago, Rino8 said:

I hate the national team.

Hopefully Poland beat us.

That is so strange to me as an American: we're country before club as a rule. Maybe it comes from "not being a footballing nation", but I can't imagine not wanting the team to do well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

10-15 years ago I would have put the Australian national team ahead of USMNT or at the very least level. The production line of talent you guys have going now compared to ours (which has very much gone off the tracks) is simply depressing.

Seriously, what happened? Where are the new Mark Schwarzers and Tim Cahills and Mark Vidukas? Granted, America is literally ten times the size of Australia, but we're growing by leaps and bounds and I feel like Australia has noticeably dropped off.

2 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

That is so strange to me as an American: we're country before club as a rule. Maybe it comes from "not being a footballing nation", but I can't imagine not wanting the team to do well.

The England team has become a joke. The players hate getting called up, the football has been dire for at least a decade and none of them take it seriously. It looks like more of a chance to hang out with your mates than it does represent your country.

Being England manager is closer to a political position than it is a football job. The whole thing needs fundamentally changing.

Â