Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

And he didn't even attempt to refute the whole 'gate-gate' issue Bruce referenced.

The guy took the piss out of us, simple as, sadly he's likely to continue taking the piss out of us for the next few years in some way or another

He refuted the height of the fence and the fact Bruce turned up at his door tbf and he also said this about the missing training so, who do you believe?

“I don’t think I should apologise for that day. The story is true — but not because I wanted a day off training. One day I was late. One day I missed sick.”

Edited by PaulC

10 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Without a shadow of a doubt or a moment's hesitation. 

None at all.

Ross had his chance to fess up and crack on, or at the very least keep his mouth shut and do it behind closed doors. 

I doubt he'll ever play for a club as big as Aston Villa again.

• Like 4

On 3/10/2017 at 21:37, PaulC said:

He refuted the height of the fence and the fact Bruce turned up at his door tbf and he also said this about the missing training so, who do you believe?

As other have said, Bruce.

McCormack is a known trouble maker and bad egg and reportedly even Fulham didn't want him back.

I'm more shocked at the lack of due diligence carried out when we purchased him.

• Like 4

I think he is a talented player.

It speaks volumes that the only club that would take him were one in such a shambles as forest. 

I doubt we will get anything for him - any club will uncover his demons IMO. 

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

We've had a fair few to choose from, but I think Ross McCormack is our worst signing of all time.

Tough one. He's right up there in the 25 years I've been a fan. He was better than the likes of Tonev and Helenius, but he also cost TWELVE MILLION POUNDS.

Incredible really, not just because of the waste of money - it happens a lot in football particularly in the Premier League, but also because of the high expectations and the compete drop off a cliff in terms of the player he was to the one he has become. In just 6 months. 

£5.5m on Balaban some 15 years ago probably trumps it and Habib Beye was a horrific waste of money. However for me Ross is far and away the most disappointing and I remember Collymore all too well.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

Some of the signings last year were as bad. its a difficult one because on the one hand he's a player with a proven track record at this level yet for whatever reason we failed to get the best out of him. Last seasons signings were just rank bad because there was so little to go on.

We have done it so many times over the years.....unsophisticated scouting......

• Guy whitingham instead of Paul Walsh
  • Tony Cascarino instead of Teddy Sheringham
  • we buy Curtis Davies for 10 mill and sell Cahill for 5 mill
  • Idrissa Gueye willl probably go for a fortune.

We just looks at stats, before looking at the player....However,I think the new lot are more savvy, so the nonsense is hopefully coming to an end.

On 3/13/2017 at 23:31, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Tough one. He's right up there in the 25 years I've been a fan. He was better than the likes of Tonev and Helenius, but he also cost TWELVE MILLION POUNDS.

Incredible really, not just because of the waste of money - it happens a lot in football particularly in the Premier League, but also because of the high expectations and the compete drop off a cliff in terms of the player he was to the one he has become. In just 6 months. 

£5.5m on Balaban some 15 years ago probably trumps it and Habib Beye was a horrific waste of money. However for me Ross is far and away the most disappointing and I remember Collymore all too well.

Hopefully moving forward, we might try looking at the character of the player too.

• Like 1

He maybe a massive dick, but he can score goals when in the mood and has the talent, so not quite the same as most flops we sign. 

He has also scored a lot of goals for virtually every team he's played for, so there is still a chance he could come back and clean up his act. My issue is his age and motivation both seem in question.

• Like 1

Â