The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

I'm out in Sutton Coldfield tonight, any of you locals recommend some places to drink tonight?

I know Brum has a few places with gimmicks such as the pinball place or kongs with the old arcade machines and ping pong tables, does Sutton have anything like this for a couple to enjoy?

On 21/02/2019 at 02:58, A'Villan said:

Have a wedding this weekend. Pretty sure I'll drink, something I rarely do.

Last time I had too much to drink (half decade ago) I woke up between a gay couple wearing a jumper as trousers.

One of them had to make the comment, "I wonder if it was A'Villan's bum I had my dick in last night".

Apparently I'd thrown a glass full at a woman I was speaking to as well (thankfully not the glass, just the liquid).

I plan on leaving the ceremony in a dignified and respectable manner. Hopefully with some pleasant memories.

So just a few.

What is it they say, once you go.. you never look back :detect:

Saturday afternoon/early evening beers in Lichfield with a mate who was meant to go last time I went but didn’t. Will be able to skip past the more questionable venues (sorry Scales) and stick to the handful of quality pubs this time.

• Like 1

Just trying to wind down after a busy week at work which included some late finishes, including 9pm tonight. Gonna chill now and watch a film in a bit.

Tomorrow I'm in Lichfield in the morning running a few errands and then a chilled out afternoon and evening (unless I decide to stay in Lichfield and stalk @Shropshire Lad). Possibly nip to a pals house in Erdington as he's a bit down,  as he should be, being from there.

Sunday nothing planned. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just trying to wind down after a busy week at work which included some late finishes, including 9pm tonight. Gonna chill now and watch a film in a bit.

Tomorrow I'm in Lichfield in the morning running a few errands and then a chilled out afternoon and evening (unless I decide to stay in Lichfield and stalk @Shropshire Lad). Possibly nip to a pals house in Erdington as he's a bit down,  as he should be, being from there.

Sunday nothing planned. 

I look forward to our encounter Alex...

5EB587F7-790D-4F74-91C3-4FF10C2A7EC5.jpeg

• Haha 1

Had a few after work yesterday which was a good craic. Was back in for 7 and  fresh this morning and was up at 5.30 this morning. Today taking the kids out for the day. Curry and a few beers in town tonight for some much needed husband and wife time.  Tomorrow will be doing housework in morning, then going up my grandads for a few hours. 

Got the blues tonight. Went out last night and didn’t get into bed until 1.00. Then I was up at 6 with the youngest. First night out for a few months, and I can safely say I’m not one for staying out late anymore. Had an ok night, and avoided drugs so I didn’t feel that bad this morning. But you definitely still get the drinking blues after you’ve had too much. Going to order an Indian in a minute I think. 

Have been back home in brum this weekend for a work reunion.

also took the opportunity to catch up with some old mates last night, got back ‘home’ at 330am this morning...

met my reunion mates at 12pm in Sutton and been on it since, moving to the city centre... two of us already flagged and bugged out. Carrying on for a while with the drive back to Devon tomorrow a factor in my decision making as to whether I plough on until the wee hours (again!) 

On 22/02/2019 at 14:50, AVFCDAN said:

I'm out in Sutton Coldfield tonight, any of you locals recommend some places to drink tonight?

I know Brum has a few places with gimmicks such as the pinball place or kongs with the old arcade machines and ping pong tables, does Sutton have anything like this for a couple to enjoy?

Where did you go in the end? From memory nothing gimmicky in Sutton! 

Quite a relaxed weekend. Friday evening I just chilled. Saturday I went to visit my parents. Today is just relaxing and catching up on TV/films

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Quite a relaxed weekend. Friday evening I just chilled. Saturday I went to visit my parents. Today is just relaxing and catching up on TV/films

You’re spending a fair bit of time there recently mate. You had chance to visit any of the local pubs with your folks?

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

You’re spending a fair bit of time there recently mate. You had chance to visit any of the local pubs with your folks?

Tend to pop in every fortnight. Just check how they are etc. Only checked out the local village pub so far although planning on paying a visit to The Ugly Duckling (nr Telford) soon as that is meant to be very nice for food. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Xela said:

Where did you go in the end? From memory nothing gimmicky in Sutton! 

The Three Tuns and the bar next door called The Royal I think.

Both ok and probably should have ventured to more places but the prices weren't too bad in Tuns and the live music was ok.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

The Three Tuns and the bar next door called The Royal I think.

Both ok and probably should have ventured to more places but the prices weren't too bad in Tuns and the live music was ok.

Nah, you pretty much boxed off the best two there.  Maybe The Station if you wanted another.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Stranglers tomorrow night in Brum and Captain Marvel at the flix on Sunday.

Apart from that, very little except for a few glasses of wine and some PS4.

#livingthedream

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1

Had a couple of scoops after work in a canalside pub in Brum as its been a testing week work wise. Just chilling out now. 

Tomorrow off to see parents for lunch, then back home in the evening. Will watch a film no doubt in the evening.

No plans Sunday. 

Had a few beers last night at a pool hall with a few mates after a fun week with the Cheltenham festival. Chilling out this weekend with a few bits on Netflix & iPlayer I want to catch up with tonight and Villa game in between.

Sunday will be a day spent mostly with my daughter and a few more last house belongings to unpack.

On 04/03/2019 at 12:14, NurembergVillan said:

Nah, you pretty much boxed off the best two there.  Maybe The Station if you wanted another.

Yep The Station would probably be my first choice, although better when it’s warmer and you can use the huge beer garden. 

Three tuns is ok and The Royal is either really good or completely dead. 

Quinto lounge isn’t a bad shout either. 

Â