The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Saturday I have a pub crawl around Lichfield, birthplace of that splendid brainbox, Dr Johnson. 

I anticipate plenty of beers interspersed with other hilarious quotes from that Blackadder episode.

I will post my thoughts on some of the pubs I visit...interfrastically.

• Like 1

Look at me, I'm being all sociable and shit

In the pub at the moment, through choice as well, no one forced me to come I decided of my own free will.

A mate might be coming round tomorrow as well to watchthe boxing

Proper social butterfly I am 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Saturday I have a pub crawl around Lichfield, birthplace of that splendid brainbox, Dr Johnson. 

I anticipate plenty of beers interspersed with other hilarious quotes from that Blackadder episode.

You should take a Scotsman along with you, and mercilessly take the piss out of him. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

If you make the pub crawl into a circular route then it could be a pub pericombobulation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was due to have my folks down this weekend but that's looking unlikely.  I'll decide tomorrow if I'll venture up to Brum to say hello.

Otherwise, I've got a curry on order, and I feel the level of squits tomorrow may play a factor in me deciding if I want to drive ~160 miles. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Only down the road from me. Infact I’m working in Lichfield tomorrow, and I’m familiar with the boozers there. There is a pub called the Dr Johnson, but it’s not in the centre. Some decent boozers there. All day and night? 

43 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

Look at me, I'm being all sociable and shit

In the pub at the moment, through choice as well, no one forced me to come I decided of my own free will.

A mate might be coming round tomorrow as well to watchthe boxing

Proper social butterfly I am 

I thought you were dead. 

2 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Only down the road from me. Infact I’m working in Lichfield tomorrow, and I’m familiar with the boozers there. There is a pub called the Dr Johnson, but it’s not in the centre. Some decent boozers there. All day and night? 

We’ll be getting there about 1ish, spot of lunch, then check in to the hotel, make myself look presentable then “on it” from 3/4pm. 

Whether it’s all night depends on how enthusiastically we begin, but it’s certainly my aim to out until the small hours of Sunday morning. Give the Lichfield ladies as much of a chance as possible.

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

We’ll be getting there about 1ish, spot of lunch, then check in to the hotel, make myself look presentable then “on it” from 3/4pm. 

Whether it’s all night depends on how enthusiastically we begin, but it’s certainly my aim to out until the small hours of Sunday morning. Give the Lichfield ladies as much of a chance as possible.

Not sure how many of you, but avoid going to bars in big groups at night. The bouncers have a tendency to turn you away. Happened with me a few times. Scales is open until 4am, but you get all the riff raff in there. Loads of villa in Lichfield so you’ll be alright. I’ve had one or two Lichfield ladies myself 😉

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

A gig in a Bathams pub tonight.

Pretty sure if you could create your own afterlife then that would be pretty much top of my list 😀

I'll see you there. 

• Like 1

On 18/11/2018 at 17:27, Rugeley Villa said:

Nah, didn’t I say we’d got back together ? Thought I’d mentioned it on here. She’s got me on a lead, which is fair enough. 

manonlead-752x501.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Cracking pubs there mate. Kings Head is decent and they have bands on from about 9pm on Saturdays

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not sure how many of you, but avoid going to bars in big groups at night. The bouncers have a tendency to turn you away. Happened with me a few times. Scales is open until 4am, but you get all the riff raff in there. Loads of villa in Lichfield so you’ll be alright. I’ve had one or two Lichfield ladies myself 😉

At most there will be eight of us, though a couple will go relatively early on in the evening. Not sure we’ll go to the bars, but we’ll see. 

Yeah scales is on the list of places to go to, depending on whether we’re still in the mood to drink after 2am. It is very much the last on the list for that reason.

Will be touch and go whether we last that long.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

I've been a ninja warrior tonight, I've done well, I'm proud of myself, I have just mixed with everyone, it felt alright actually, it's so **** nice to be back home and sitting down with no one around me.

Decent night and I can't complain but **** me I'm.glad it's out the way and I don't have to see anyone outside of work for a good long time 

• Like 1

Tried the new steakhouse in Stafford last night, ridiculously close to my house and great steaks too. 

Today its meet up with my daughter and grandson for a coffee. 

Great to have a free weekend.

• Like 2

After a horrific week at work (8am - 1am on Wednesday being the low point), I have now come down with 'man flu' this weekend. Was meant to be at a wedding reception tonight but don't have the energy to even get dressed. 

My holiday seems a long time ago now! 😑

Worked yesterday morning, then helped the missus clear out the house ready for Xmas. That took up most of the day, and we did our usual arguing which always happens when we are working together doing stuff. Today we are putting the tree up, and take a load of stuff down to the tip. Also take my son to rugby this morning. 

Â