The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Took the car for a blast today... shades on, windows open, "Dark Side of the Moon" blasting and the 3.2 V6 burbling away through the A roads of Staffordshire and Warwickshire. 

Need to visit a petrol station urgently now though. 

The Extinction Rebellion activists would despise me today. 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Xann said:

My girlfriend's just pushed me through the glass front door.

Oops.

Alco drama. Full effect.

Sigh.

Did you ask her to open the doors, to which she replied 'I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that...'

Hope you're ok though joking aside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Hope you're ok though joking aside.

Aye - Thanks Si.

She, the cat and I are all eating from a plate of chips on the floor in the garden.

We've found the candle that scares insects away.

Still drunk :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Xann said:

Oops.

Alco drama. Full effect.

Sigh.

inner city problem family, right there

stay safe spaceman 😎

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Xann said:

Oops.

Alco drama. Full effect.

Sigh.

I hope you’re not in too much pane, Dave. It must have been a shattering blow.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xela said:

Took the car for a blast today... shades on, windows open, "Dark Side of the Moon" blasting and the 3.2 V6 burbling away through the A roads of Staffordshire and Warwickshire. 

Need to visit a petrol station urgently now though. 

The Extinction Rebellion activists would despise me today. 

saxonmach1jj5.5214.jpg

• Haha 3

Massively underrated, Saxondale.

To be honest, I was doing a very similar thing yesterday. I'd been travelling back from Gloucester and the M5 / M4 was all but empty, so I was gliding along listening to some absolutely banging music. My car has the hi-fi upgrade that gives you stomach churning bass.

The major difference, mine's a hybrid and I've flipped my mentality from how fast can I go, to can I get this thing to do 75mpg. So I drove home along empty motorway, doing 64.5mph without a care in the world. 

Not exactly saving the world, but certainly strangling it a bit slower.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Massively underrated, Saxondale.

To be honest, I was doing a very similar thing yesterday. I'd been travelling back from Gloucester and the M5 / M4 was all but empty, so I was gliding along listening to some absolutely banging music. My car has the hi-fi upgrade that gives you stomach churning bass.

The major difference, mine's a hybrid and I've flipped my mentality from how fast can I go, to can I get this thing to do 75mpg. So I drove home along empty motorway, doing 64.5mph without a care in the world. 

Not exactly saving the world, but certainly strangling it a bit slower.

I wasn't speeding, just sticking to the limits (broadly). Just nice to have the windows open and listen to the engine note...

giphy.gif

Today's journey was M6 North, M54 to the Wrekin and then through the Shropshire countryside to my folks for a Sunday roast dinner and a sit outside in the garden listening to the racket the sheep were making in the adjoining field. Lovely!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, blandy said:

I hope you’re not in too much pane, Dave. It must have been a shattering blow.

Saturday, happily drunk.

Sunday, ruefully survey aftermath through a fug of nausea and remorse :rolleyes:

It was more Mr Blobby than high drama. She's mortified :D

• Like 3

Today I pack the motorhome up and head home. The promise of a Chinese tonight and catchup on the telly that I havent seen whilst out, high brow tastes, amazing race, survivor and GOT.

• Like 1

I have a 2005 Astra Bertone soft top. Beautiful condition and still less than 50K on the clock. Probably worth less than a grand now to buy. But love it to bits especially in the summer. Yesterday I brought a kit to clean the yellowing off the headlights. FFS this is not a job for the faint hearted. Using the first grade of wet and dry I thought I had wrecked my headlights, They looked like a skating rink. But after the third grade and polish I am amazed by the transformation. 

astra 2.jpg

Edited by Robtaylor200
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Not long got back from Wales after a nice weekend away. @Seat68 had a lovely Chinese last night in the caravan. You can’t beat going to the coast. 

Did you manage to track down @chrisp65 and take photos of him in his natural habitat?

Ah, I know better than to be out and about on a bank holiday Monday.

A trip to Gloucester on Saturday then 2 days mooching around the garden and the allotment, staying well clear of the beach, roads that lead to the beach and the crazy crowds that go to beaches on sunny bank holidays.

• 3 weeks later...

Was WFH today... which was nice. Had a quiet evening browsing Rightmove and watching videos on Youtube. Rock 'n Roll hey!

Tomorrow over to the folks, watch the game with the old man then a pub lunch afterwards, depending on our collective mood. Not much planned for rest of day after that. 

Sunday is a normal chore today... may have a drive out to look at some areas that I'm looking at to move to. 

Â