The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Daughter’s birthday tomorrow so I will be spending about an hour making an idiot of myself at some indoor trampoline bounce place in Telford.

After lunch, opening presents at mine. Trying not think about the game. 

May go for a run on Sunday if I have the chance.

• Like 3

It has been a long week, but one that has showed promise.  It turns out my boss is leaving and I'll probably be covering Team Leader again - this time it'll be actually Team Leading rather than reporting to him whilst he was on Leave.  There will be a job opportunity out soon I imagine and I need to get my head around what it would actually mean (and if I want to apply). 

As for this weekend, having been ill over Christmas and slowly getting back into the swing of things during the week, I think I need a weekend to relax*

*This means slowly sipping Glenfiddich, whilst eating cheese crackers,and chocolate liqueurs.  It needs to go!

I'm at work all weekend so please make sure your updates in the matchday thread are witty, informative and entertaining enough for this grumpy old git slumped at his desk.

I thank you.

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

"FFS"

"And there it is"

"That's it, I'm out"

"We are so shit"

"Spineless"

"We have reverted to the Bruce era"

"We need to sell the whole squad"

"I'm losing faith in Smith"

(etc., etc.) 

Not forgetting:

WDFAFC 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I hope you're playing "match thread bingo" with the above checklist. 

I sort of did and you did  yourself proud with your predictions !

The only thing that's made me smile today - what are next week's winning lotto numbers by the way ? 😉

Edited by mottaloo
  • Thanks 1

Fairly quiet one... had a few things to do this morning (haircut, bank meeting) and then just been chilling out this afternoon browsing VT, Rightmove and Autotrader. Lazy day tomorrow as well. 

Had a hectic week at work but was a decent one... had my year end review, which was excellent so I'm pleased about that. 

Wife’s out for a friends birthday meal, leaving me to babysit the kids.

already got them tucked up in bed and now relaxing watching Hold The Dark on Netflix.

debating whether to have a glass of red but in all honesty, don’t think I need/want one.

tomorrow will be homework and cooking Sunday dinner (oxtail casserole) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I sort of did and you did  yourself proud with your predictions !

The only thing that's made me smile today - what are next week's winning lotto numbers by the way ? 😉

Hexadecimal 4F, Pi, seventeen and three eighths, infinity, some, and a bit. 

• Haha 1

Played a basketball tournament on Saturday, finished the round robin stage in first place, with myself as top scorer for my team. Went out in the first round of finals against the lowest seeded team. Subbed myself out of the game halfway through the finals match because I was shortest on my team and thought the added height might tip the momentum in our favour, in hindsight it was probably my 3pt game that might've gone some way to salvage the game, had I continued to be 'on'. Exactly the same result (with a completely different team) as my last tournament in December. Just hoping I can go that extra mile when the big tournament comes around next week.

Also played Futsal for the first time in six weeks after the festive break, I scored three from over half way, and one where I gained possession in the defensive third and dribbled the field, rounded the keeper for a tap in, but also probably was responsible for playing passes that led to more goals for the opposition than I scored myself. We lost narrowly against a team that beat us by 10-15 goals on the first game of the season. So that is a small positive to take from a game we were leading in at HT and ended up losing.

Saw my Yiayia today as well, she's always called me Levendi and done her best to ensure that I know what it means.

8 hours ago, Genie said:

Went into town to get a ring repaired earlier, but forgot to take the ring.

Hope the route was scenic! I'm guessing the return journey was less inspired than on the way to.

• 2 weeks later...

Going for a run on Saturday morning.

Drinks and a meal in the jewellery quarter with my mate in the evening, I suspect it will be the usual haunts. Either toasting a return to winning ways or drinking to forget. Will be my first proper drinks of the year (did have a couple last night to warm up).

Sunday, pretty much nothing. Pottering about the house.

Been a tough week at work... lot of pressure on the team at the minute and can see a lot of them looking to leave shortly if it continues.

So i'll be relaxing tonight. Few errands to run tomorrow and then catching up on some TV and quiet Sunday where I will probably look at holiday options for my birthday. 

• Like 1

Unplanned few beers with a mate tonight, now watching predator!

tomorrow have a free morning, so will compile a ‘safe’ Faith No More CD for my 12yr old boy and then prep the Saturday night out ‘in’ meal for me and the wife to eat whilst watching The Equaliser 2.

i’ve never had it so good :) 

• Like 1

Having a "normal" weekend, i.e. bit of work in the very early mornings, shopping for food Sat afternoon, Shopping for records Sundays afternoon (you know the essentials of life) bit more work sunday evening

First time this year I've really had a normal weekend. Need to get some cash together because February is quite Gig Heavy. 3 in 7 days starting next Sat with a Pete Wylie gig, then Beak> midweek and The Lucid Dream the following Friday which means two more abnormal weekends coming up

• Like 1

Friday arrived. Went to work. Clocked my regular hours. Went to the optician and had plans of going to the gym. Started feeling a bit tired and felt an itchy throat. Cancelled the gym and went home. Woke up Saturday sick as a dog. No doubt I will be well on Monday morning. Why do I always get sick at weekends 😞

Down to London for the weekend. It's been great, having a wander, museums, bookshop browsing, drinks and  seeing my partners friends boyfriend do a really good one man show in this underground theatre. Very funky setting. 

• Like 1

That was a good one. Friends visiting from Devon. Friday night in the pub with another old mate. Saturday night excellent meal in another pub with yet another old footballing buddy and his missus, watching a local covers band who happen to be mates of mine. Sunday blowout roast dinner at home, then Israel Nash gig at the Brudenell. Just seen them off on their train and putting my feet up. 

• Like 2

Â