The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Partied Friday and Saturday night. Had four drinks and was surrounded by coke, didn't partake. Had a great time and showed myself I can get among it doing my own thing.

Usual basketball commitments. 4 hours of scrimmage on Saturday then a match today in an hour. Not really feeling it because of mind being elsewhere.

Will do an assessment piece for uni today and attend a mosque on recommendation of a Muslim friend to share condolences for what happened in NZ.

Oh yeah, watched us whoop ass and propel ourselves into a playoff spot! Kind of regretting that, didn't sleep and I'll feel that on court today.

F*ck it, UTV!

Lazy one this weekend, aided by the fact that my car is off the road with a fault. Got it booked in for Tuesday at Audi.

Week was hectic at work but the silver lining was that I was paid my annual bonus on Wednesday so that was nice! Chilling out tonight, watching Youtube videos on Japan and China. Tomorrow i'll have a lie in and potter about. Might have a take away in the evening. Sunday will do my food shop and probably have to log on and do a bit of admin work. Hardly an exciting one!

Legoland today - was great and the 4 year old loved it.. as did I.. Atlantis is an amazing ride, really innovative!

Tomorrow probably swimming, go replace 4 year olds books at the library for some new bedtime stories and going to an event at Whitehall galleries to meet Henderson Cizc who we have bought a few paintings of (not originals!).. need something for newly decorated bedroom..

Sunday, Safari park to take the 4 year old on some more rides.. we have those annual pass things, so it's always decent to do if we're struggling with ideas.

Needed it after a highly stressful week at work, with 700k's worth of NHS hospital utilities not sent to them... Ouch..

Just come back from volunteering (marshalling) at walsall arbo parkrun - a real mood lifter.

This afternoon I'll be prepping for interview(s) at work, wondering what questions I'll be asked on jobs i know nothing about. 

Sunday at a friend's house for a slap up lunch and a long overdue catch up 

• Like 1

Few scoops after work to wind down after a hectic month/quarter end.

Seeing folks tomorrow for lunch and afterwards, a fairly relaxed weekend. May have to work on Sunday. 

****' April. Where does time go?

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from praying, what is everyone up to this glorious weekend.  Im going away tomorrow morning for three night with the kids and wife. We are off to some place called wales. 

The other weekend me and my partner had a beautiful day and night in Bakewell. It was just superb. A few steady beers in between lots of food and walking about the beautiful place. There was a great second hand bookstore and vinyl shop there too. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Apart from praying, what is everyone up to this glorious weekend.  Im going away tomorrow morning for three night with the kids and wife. We are off to some place called wales. 

The other weekend me and my partner had a beautiful day and night in Bakewell. It was just superb. A few steady beers in between lots of food and walking about the beautiful place. There was a great second hand bookstore and vinyl shop there too. 

I've been up around Bakewell and Longnor a fair bit recently.

Quite nice. Less churches than I'd hoped.

Just now, chrisp65 said:

I've been up around Bakewell and Longnor a fair bit recently.

Quite nice. Less churches than I'd hoped.

I fell in love with bakewell a few years  back. It’s just over an hour away from us.  I felt very English sat there with my pot of tea and bakewell pudding. Had a superb Indian at night too. Will be making a few more visits. I’d imagine Christmas time there would be lovely. 

Friday - hopefully go for a run, followed by helping with doing up a house (mainly cosmetic stuff at the moment, stripping wallpaper). Crossing my fingers for a positive result in the afternoon before fatherly duties for the night.

Saturday - meeting up with a few mates for drinks in Shifnal, may go on elsewhere depending how it progresses. I’ll be debuting my new jeans, so anything could happen.

Sunday - recovery - which means tea, bacon sandwiches and maybe an old episode of columbo.

Monday - very much like Friday sans fatherly duties.

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The other weekend me and my partner had a beautiful day and night in Bakewell. It was just superb. 

Did you have a tart? 

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I fell in love with bakewell a few years  back. It’s just over an hour away from us.  I felt very English sat there with my pot of tea and bakewell pudding. Had a superb Indian at night too. Will be making a few more visits. I’d imagine Christmas time there would be lovely. 

My parents looked around that area (plus Ashbourne) to move to but never found anything in their price range. Wonderful part of the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Saturday - meeting up with a few mates for drinks in Shifnal, may go on elsewhere depending how it progresses. I’ll be debuting my new jeans, so anything could happen.

I hope you've given the jeans a test run before wearing them out? 

Tonight - just chilling and watching stuff on Youtube (addicted to a few vlogs at the minute - might cover that in a separate topic)

Friday - nothing planned so far. Fancy a lie in and I have a Rolo easter egg to demolish. 

Saturday - hoping to meet a couple of lads for a couple of afternoon scoops. Nothing mental. 

Sunday - roast dinner at the folks in Shropshire. 

Monday - see Friday but replace Rolo with Smarties. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

My parents looked around that area (plus Ashbourne) to move to but never found anything in their price range. Wonderful part of the UK. 

Ashbourne is another lovely place. Beautiful area. 

• Like 1

Â