The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

50 minutes ago, Xela said:

Today is the first day in about 10 days that I have felt ok. Had a really bad cold/flu last weekend and early part of the week and was stuck in bed most of it. 

Not done much to be fair, just enjoyed not being sick! 

Ironically,  I felt great yesterday as i met up with 2 lads I used to work with for a red lion mixed grill.

Only on getting home did I start feeling flu-y. At least my doggie bag of unfinished grill kept me company. Perhaps there's something in the west brom air that disagrees with me ?

Today, I'm surviving on blackcurrant Lemsip...and a day old chilli naan 😧

IMG-20181208-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20181208-WA0000.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Ironically,  I felt great yesterday as i met up with 2 lads I used to work with for a red lion mixed grill.

Only on getting home did I start feeling flu-y. At least my doggie bag of unfinished grill kept me company. Perhaps there's something in the west brom air that disagrees with me ?

Today, I'm surviving on blackcurrant Lemsip...and a day old chilli naan 😧

I mixed it up.. blackcurrant lemsip for the day and honey and ginger for the night! 

Oh I forgot to mention... slipped in a 'cheeky' mixer at the Keg and Grill on Thursday night! Thought it would help with my cold ;)

• Like 1

On 02/12/2018 at 20:22, Shropshire Lad said:

Spoiler alert - The Scales won’t be featuring...

8FADBCE9-53C0-4C91-889B-CC8E41DE4F19.gif

Watch man kicked in the head and punched by bouncer after being thrown out of bar
Police are making "full investigation" after an attack on a reveller by two doormen at The Scales pub saw him punched and kicked in the head

@Shropshire Lad - your local mate :P

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/watch-man-kicked-head-punched-15532451

• Haha 1

Another shit weekend - was meant to be out last night for a few beers, had to cancel as I was too ill. Should have been seeing my folks at their new house today and had to cancel as I feel like shit. 

This is my 4th weekend back in the UK after my break - 3 of them I have been ill! 🤢

I’ve got a shitty cold. Worked yesterday until about 1.30, then managed to get to the game. Was meant to work today, but got cancelled thank god. Yesterday on the roof was painful to the point, I was nearly in tears. Chilling out today watching footy .

Having lost last weekend (and this week) to illness, I am finally hoping to go and see my parents tomorrow at their new house in the country.

Sunday is food shopping and meeting a mate for a coffee. Will probably log on to work in the afternoon and clear a weeks load of emails (or delete the bulk of them!)

Working Monday for a few hours... will probably head into the office as opposed to WFH

On 15/12/2018 at 13:55, Xela said:

Another shit weekend - was meant to be out last night for a few beers, had to cancel as I was too ill. Should have been seeing my folks at their new house today and had to cancel as I feel like shit. 

This is my 4th weekend back in the UK after my break - 3 of them I have been ill! 🤢

Maybe you've got, ahem, Asian Bird Flu? :D

3 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Maybe you've got, ahem, Asian Bird Flu? :D

I'm pretty sure they were birds but after 10 ice cold Singha's it can be hard to remember :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Â