The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Few beers and curry with the team last night

Bit of lunch and a catch up with the folks today over in Shropshire. Now back home relaxing for the evening.... will watch a film tonight or maybe a documentary on Ted Bundy

Tomorrow is food shopping, relaxing and watching the Superbowl in the evening / early hours (WFH on Monday)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Few beers and curry with the team last night

Bit of lunch and a catch up with the folks today over in Shropshire. Now back home relaxing for the evening.... will watch a film tonight or maybe a documentary on Ted Bundy

Tomorrow is food shopping, relaxing and watching the Superbowl in the evening / early hours (WFH on Monday)

Sounds cheery :)

Your folks enjoying life in their new home?

12 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Sounds cheery :)

Your folks enjoying life in their new home?

:D

Yeah they are absolutely loving it thanks mate. They seem much happier. People seem much friendlier in the villages and its making me wish I could move more rural. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Off into Birmingham tonight to meet up with ex colleagues. In that pub to the right of the fountain. 

Purecraft?

• Like 1

Not a lot tonight - currently have a BP monitor fitted until tomorrow AM

Few errands to run in the morning then a fairly relaxed afternoon / evening

Sunday will catch up on some zzzzzzs and may do a bit of work in the evening

Had a wisdom tooth extracted this morning.   I couldn't have alcohol with my birthday dinner last night and the guidelines say no alcohol for 7 days 😦

I think I'm gonna pull a Trump and that last bit and say that I disagree with the experts who advise me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Not a lot tonight - currently have a BP monitor fitted until tomorrow AM

Few errands to run in the morning then a fairly relaxed afternoon / evening

Sunday will catch up on some zzzzzzs and may do a bit of work in the evening

You doin' ok?

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Can’t decide whether to go to the pub or to stay in and save a few quid and have a clear head in the morning.

Just have a couple down the pub and have a clear head tomorrow? Or will a couple turn into too many?! 

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Just have a couple down the pub and have a clear head tomorrow? Or will a couple turn into too many?! 

Well a couple might lead to more than I had planned. 

Next scheduled drinks with a mate is not for a fortnight. 

Friday morning here and aside from a few errands to be seen to today, my weekend is underway.

Tonight is basketball 'til sundown at 9pm, then maybe a few games of pool afterward.

Saturday I will visit my Grandma early in the day and afterward I have loose plans for a date at the beach.

Sunday volunteering at the homeless shelter from 11pm-7am. Might play futsal during the day.

On 14/02/2019 at 21:59, mikeyp102 said:

I’m going to get wasted on Saturday. Can’t be watching Albion beat us sober anyway 

Hope you got suitably wasted?! 

• Haha 1

Nice and relaxed weekend for me. Chilled out Friday evening and had an early night as was shattered.

Saturday went to my folks. Love going over there, its so peaceful. No sheep at the end of the garden today, think they have all gone to market/slaughter, but there are some deer there now. Spent the afternoon there chilling out and back home in the evening. Motorways were clear as well so it was ideal time to give some old albums a blast!

Today I've had a cracking breakfast of buttermilk pancakes, syrup, eggs and crispy bacon before doing my weekly food shop. After that popped over to a work colleagues house to pick up a TV he was going to throw away. A big Samsung HD model. Nothing fancy but for free, its a no-brainer! I'm not above charity, being the thrifty spender I am! Nearly gave myself a hernia getting it up 4 flights of stairs back home though. Decided not to bother logging on to do some work tonight, it can wait until tomorrow. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

After that popped over to a work colleagues house to pick up a TV he was going to throw away. A big Samsung HD model. Nothing fancy but for free, its a no-brainer! I'm not above charity, being the thrifty spender I am! Nearly gave myself a hernia getting it up 4 flights of stairs back home though. 

You mean he didn't come back to help you carry it up the stairs ?!?

What a complete git :(

4 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

You mean he didn't come back to help you carry it up the stairs ?!?

What a complete git :(

Nah, what a shit! 

I had to unscrew the metal base off the TV as it was too heavy with it on. I nearly keeled over when I got to the top of the stairs. 

• Haha 1

Have a wedding this weekend. Pretty sure I'll drink, something I rarely do.

Last time I had too much to drink (half decade ago) I woke up between a gay couple wearing a jumper as trousers.

One of them had to make the comment, "I wonder if it was A'Villan's bum I had my dick in last night".

Apparently I'd thrown a glass full at a woman I was speaking to as well (thankfully not the glass, just the liquid).

I plan on leaving the ceremony in a dignified and respectable manner. Hopefully with some pleasant memories.

So just a few.

• Haha 1

Â