The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

Had a mental week or so. Had the lead nicked off my bay window roof by a few pikeys, work is hectic, few family issues to sort out and an argument with the other half which still hasn’t quietened down. 

All I want to do is sit in my pants, watch the World Cup, eat crisps and drink cider but I’m going to my brothers tomorrow to watch the match, out with family afterwards then round moms on Sunday.  Need this week to just **** end, then take time to recharge over the next few days and start again next week. 

Apologies to @Brumerican. I’m getting there.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Had a mental week or so. Had the lead nicked off my bay window roof by a few pikeys, work is hectic, few family issues to sort out and an argument with the other half which still hasn’t quietened down. 

All I want to do is sit in my pants, watch the World Cup, eat crisps and drink cider but I’m going to my brothers tomorrow to watch the match, out with family afterwards then round moms on Sunday.  Need this week to just **** end, then take time to recharge over the next few days and start again next week. 

Must be a little bit frustrating, if not stressful. Wishing you an open mind and amicable developments in the issues you face with family and partner. Make sure you take some time for yourself, even if it's the bare minimum, your health is essential to healthy and functional relationships.

My family is currently fighting over the management of my grandparents well being and their inheritance to be. It's sad. Egos flare up and next thing you know my Grandfather has literally lost his mind as consequence of the stress that comes with seeing his children fight in a manner which is irreparable and highly toxic. He went from being an articulate lover of life perfectly capable of making decisions for himself and showing sound judgement to an irritable, constantly upset man with severe mental deterioration, memory loss and borderline delusion within the space of months, weeks even. All because one family member chose to do things illegally to maximise family profits and another said not with our parents money and titles you're not. Which has become a bitter legal dispute and torn the family apart, last thing my grandparents would have wished for in their final years.

Sorry if that's inappropriate for the forum and way OT, I just wanted to convey the message that wealth is in the quality of your relationships.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Oh don't worry about me dude.

NOT working in this heat is far more pleasurable.

I'm just worried that you'll be the victim of  another crime from the 1940's. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Had today off work... met my relationship manager at my bank today to discuss a few things and after that, grabbed a bit of lunch and had a relaxing afternoon. 

Not a lot planned tomorrow. Meeting my old man for a curry in the evening to catch up with how their house viewing went (folks are looking at moving to Shropshire) and then probably watch a film. 

Usual Sunday - shopping, cleaning, etc.

Today go looking for a gift for a one year old that isnt made of plastic. The gift that is, not the one year old.

Tomorrow meet up with friends in the north of the county and offload the gift that isnt made of plastic. 

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Today go looking for a gift for a one year old that isnt made of plastic. The gift that is, not the one year old.

Tomorrow meet up with friends in the north of the county and offload the gift that isnt made of plastic. 

How many plastic one year olds do you know?

Been pretty sociable for a change. A friends birthday last night at a pub with refreshingly cheap prices (sub 3 quid a pint ) and this morning in @chrisp65 neck of the woods for the Barry Island 10k. Glorious weather but feck me there's a lot of hills here! Still, loads of beautiful views at certain points around the course seemed to mock the runners with its natural invite to just chill out. Which I shall be doing with a dip in the sea imminently as soon as I'm done with the most satisfying ice cream I've enjoyed in a long time.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

I was over and away nice n early this morning @Rodders 'cos I knew they were closing the roads.

Looks like it's been quite a successful event? Bit bloody hot for it though. If I'd known you were around I'd have set an extra place for lunch out the garden and fed you some of my speciality Glamorgan Sausage.

• Like 1

Yes, loads of folk around and it's all gone off well, a good advert for the spot, I'll be back for that tantalising sausage forthwith. ? Bloody hot at points. But made the swim exceptionally refreshing and full of smiles so job done.  

25 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

went to a wedding yesterday, fittest bridesmaid I've seen since pippa middleton, absolute stunner, some right stalking going on (not by me!)

You know the drill.

Pics or GTFO ?

34 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

went to a wedding yesterday, fittest bridesmaid I've seen since pippa middleton, absolute stunner, some right stalking going on (not by me!)

She probably has a horrible personality! :P

• Like 1

Â