The VT "It's the weekend!" thread

Xela

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Will it be suitable to act as my rueful beer?

I’ll be drinking a rueful pint tonight.

Its strong and brooding and perfect for wallowing. 

Just now, Xela said:

Its strong and brooding and perfect for wallowing. 

It was rather busy at the bar, so I chickened out and went for the budvar lager. 

Nice place, bit hipster. Highlight easily being the nice young lady in the cut off denim shorts that was directly in my eye line.

Have now found a comfy chair in the old joint stock.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

It was rather busy at the bar, so I chickened out and went for the budvar lager. 

Nice place, bit hipster. Highlight easily being the nice young lady in the cut off denim shorts that was directly in my eye line.

Have now found a comfy chair in the old joint stock.

Well you know me... I'm all about the hipster vibe ;)

Old Joint Stock - love that place. What a building. Back when banks were grand old places... like the Cosy Club, Lost and Found and the Apple Store.

What's the plan for tonight? Bar hopping or setting root where you are?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Xela said:

Well you know me... I'm all about the hipster vibe ;)

Old Joint Stock - love that place. What a building. Back when banks were grand old places... like the Cosy Club, Lost and Found and the Apple Store.

What's the plan for tonight? Bar hopping or setting root where you are?

I’ve asked my cohort, the next place is the lost & found. Nothing crazy tonight, catch the 10 something train home.

• Like 1

Just for completion for the many left wondering, we followed lost & found with a pint in the Victoria before catching the train.

There was a lovely young lady sat on the other aisle of the train from me, I attempted my Fassbender on the subway in “Shame” gaze to seal the deal, but alas she elected to get off the train at the stop prior to mine.

Ending the night in a local watering hole, before retiring for the night.

Stay tuned for next weekend’s exciting instalment.

• Like 1

On 26/08/2018 at 05:23, Rugeley Villa said:

Worked today, and will be at the hospital tomorrow. My mums appendix has burst. Monday, try and do the garden. 

P.S **** off Villa 

Burst appendix is painful. Mine went gangrenous and I nearly died as a result. Wishing your ma a speedy recovery.

My weekend was fairly low-key. Played basketball, studied and caught up on some sleep.

• Thanks 1

Grateful of the extra day off tomorrow. 

Work is ok at the moment but just going through that stage where its boring me a bit. 

I now have 10 days off work.  It was a bit of a mad panic today trying to get everything tidied away but I think I managed it.  I now have my folks hopefully turning up on Sunday (with the (very) old, but big motorhome) and then we're hopefully heading west (The New Forest, followed by Corfe Castle and surrounding areas).  Tomorrow will be mostly spent cleaning up the flat :)

• Like 1

Daughter is progressing in the regional championship tryouts as goalie to represent the Skåne County in Handball. ?‍♀️ New cuts tomorrow.

I'm absolutely bricking it. NFL roster-cuts have nothing on this ?

• Like 4

Went out last night for a beer or two... number of people had been made redundant so was seeing then off. Still feel a bit drunk now!

Today will be a lazy one, might go back to bed in a minute then off to parents for dinner later. 

Sunday - usual chores in the morning but then need to check out hotels in Saigon and Hong Kong and maybe get them booked up. 

worked until 11pm last night. Me and Mrs T had a drink when I got home. watched youtube on the TV. places we are going on holiday. Then loads of music. went to bed at 04:45 this morning. Just got up and not getting dressed until kick off. I'm getting too old for late nights 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Well, that's another Saturday spoiled by Aston Villa. 

I thought it would be better in the championship. :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to my weekend

I'm actually being sociable tonight and going to watch the league of gentlemen after work at the NIA, few beers before, get some tins on the way home and order a curry when I'm on the bus on my way home.

Tomorrow - watch the villa get beat then I'll be staying up till the early hours of Sunday morning to watch the GGG v Canelo card live.

Sunday get my head down for a few hours, wander round like a zombie and then watch the F1 (Singapore I believe) then I'll fall into a dark depression as Sunday evening draws to a close and I'm faced with the prospect of another Monday.

• Like 2

My pre-season kicks off on Monday and I am playing for another professional contract, something I am grateful for.

I will be returning to my boyhood club and where I spent my early 20's before falling out with the head coach in oddly what was quite an amicable way where both of us respected each other, he just gradually stopped playing me even though I was our top scorer for lengthy periods over two seasons. I had to pull out of a coaching role which he had to pick up the slack for the reason for what happened and my exclusion from the mens team.

New coach now and new beginnings, the club I have spent my recent years with have given me permission to train with boyhood club, who are now a division higher than the other.

So I will just be preparing for Monday and getting some university work out the way, doing some reading, hopefully getting an Aston Villa stream working and if I have time I will volunteer with the homeless, but I am not on the roster for that this weekend.

Tonight I was with a group of friends and we went for dinner, had some great discussion. It's a wonderful thing having people around you who add meaning to your life.

• Like 1

So anyone up to much?

Fatherly duties for me, will see my daughter for the first time in five days. Doesn’t sound like a lot, but it’s been her longest time away for a couple of years. Will try and keep in touch with the game via you guys in the match thread. 

So fairly quiet for me. I’ve set the bar fairly low for you there chaps....:D

Â