Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

23 hours ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

I can't see how the ineptitude of 5 players can be laid at the door of successive managers this season. Whilst we've had some poor managers, for me it's a case of the players being: sh*t, lazy, arrogant, past it, or all of the above. If we keep the majority of these players, the cancer that afflicted our club throughout last season remains. 

Last season we had 4 of the worst managers you're likely to see managing in the premier league. The difference between them and Ranieri for example is the diference between relegation and top 4. I don't think Leicester has a significantly better squad than we do.

Getting rid of these players is like cutting out a cancer that will grow back somewhere else. Finding a good manager should attack the cancer at the roots. Unless RDM is a significant upgrade which I doubt he is I don't see much changing too quickly with or without these players.

38 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Leicester had a significantly better squad than us. That's nonsense. 

Indeed it is. Absolutely barmy. 

To a man, in every single position they are better than us. They have at least three strikers better than ours combined, for example. 

Maybe Amavi is a better left back than Fuchs. But that's conjecture. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Indeed it is. Absolutely barmy. 

To a man, in every single position they are better than us. They have at least three strikers better than ours combined, for example. 

Maybe Amavi is a better left back than Fuchs. But that's conjecture. 

Funny nobody would have said these things about Leicester 12 months ago before Ranieri took over. Now all of a sudden they have more ability in every position and at least 3 better strikers. So was it our players who lost their ability or theirs who suddenly acquired some? 

I went through rating the squads about 6 months ago but I will say they have no one with the potential of Gil and Traore. If we had a manager with even half a clue who utilised these two properly and had everyone working on the same page we would have been nowhere near relegation.

Edited by Michael118

Should Villa give Gabby, Bacuna, Richards, Lescott, and Guzan at least another second chance?

No No No No x 1000

Edited by AJ
Image wont upload
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Michael118 said:

Funny nobody would have said these things about Leicester 12 months ago before Ranieri took over. Now all of a sudden they have more ability in every position and at least 3 better strikers. So was it our players who lost their ability or theirs who suddenly acquired some? 

I went through rating the squads about 6 months ago but I will say they have no one with the potential of Gil and Traore. If we had a manager with even half a clue who utilised these two properly and had everyone working on the same page we would have been nowhere near relegation.

It doesn't matter what "we" would have said 12 months ago, "we" would have been wrong. I know what you'll say to that, maybe we're wrong about Gabby and Bacuna now? 

Well yeah, maybe Bolton have a better squad that Spurs. Just maybe. 

No one with the potential of Gil or Trade? I think you're probably trolling there, in any event they're not the topic. 

sometimes in your job you will lose interest and know your time is up, its time to move on, even though your work mates might want you to stay, things have gone stale.

Dinosaurs and piss poor footballers. If the club has any intention of retaining any of them, then we really have hit rock bottom.

Get rid, as soon as and bring in some new blood with desire and at least a modicum more talent than the fools heading out the door.

Only just realised I hadnt voted. The only one Id consider not throwing off the top of Spaghetti Junction is Guzan, because I feel for him - the guys confidence is shot to bits after being worn down. There's a decent PL keeper there if he works at his game a little (therein lies the issue I guess).

The others have all burnt their bridges and I can't see redemption for any of them, although I can see Gabby being here next year because he's nigh on unsellable. Lescott will end up in MLS, Richards will somehow get a move to a Sunderland/WBA level and Bacuna will go back to Holland 

No to all of them.

But I'm uncomfortable with Guzan being lumped in with the rest of them. He's not been good enough and needs to move on. But his wasn't an attitude problem, which is very much the problem for the others.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

No to all of them.

But I'm uncomfortable with Guzan being lumped in with the rest of them. He's not been good enough and needs to move on. But his wasn't an attitude problem, which is very much the problem for the others.

I've just quoted you as you're last poster on here but you make a similar point to others and I'd like an answer; did I miss something, what did Richards do last season that makes some question his attitude? Guzan had the whole spitting thing, Bacuna Champions League, Lescott the phone and Gabby multiple but I'm not sure what Richards has done wrong.

Not having a go at any one, but seeing as it seems to be a general concensus, I was wondering if I missed something? Or is he tarnished by others brush/ disliked because he's a bit of a big time Charlie?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jackbauer24 said:

I've just quoted you as you're last poster on here but you make a similar point to others and I'd like an answer; did I miss something, what did Richards do last season that makes some question his attitude? Guzan had the whole spitting thing, Bacuna Champions League, Lescott the phone and Gabby multiple but I'm not sure what Richards has done wrong.

Not having a go at any one, but seeing as it seems to be a general concensus, I was wondering if I missed something? Or is he tarnished by others brush/ disliked because he's a bit of a big time Charlie?

Richards' attitude has been pretty poor. The whole Dubai thing is probably the worst example, but his attitude on the pitch has been poor too.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Richards' attitude has been pretty poor. The whole Dubai thing is probably the worst example, but his attitude on the pitch has been poor too.

Sorry replying to you again! It applies to the general conversation but knew you'd reply as you're on here a fair bit :D

That's fair enough, if that's your (and others) view but for me it's still not the same as the other four in the list. Dubai he was not involved in Gabby's indiscretions and was not punished by the club and as for attitude on the pitch I didn't see it as being any worse than anyone elses really. In fact I do remember him having the balls to face up to some rather (rightfully) angry fans at one game.

So for me, he doesn't need a second chance. He hasn't used up his first, attitude wise. Now if we're talking quality, it might be a different argument.

I personally think it's unfair to lump him with the other four. Grealish has more 'right' to belong to that group (preseason) or Okore (refusing to play) than Richards.

I'm not against getting rid, but I don't think he can be fairly grouped with this lot.

I would rather have academy kids playing in their places

Last season those named jokers in the poll were a disgrace to the shirt and the club.

They couldnt go far enough away from villa in my opinion...

I actually think Richards might be an asset in the Championship, he's certainly too good for that level. As for attitude, well he was one of the few to show any real passion on the pitch. Remember when he scored at VP, you could see how much it meant by his celebration. The rest, Bacuna, Gabby, Lescott, Westwood etc.  can go though

• Like 1

Good point made earlier. Richards went on holiday, which I believe he was allowed to do. Guzan was part of the disrespect shown in that cup game. Gets masked over because he was decent a few years ago. He shouldn't get away with it. Deserves to be lumped in with the bad group IMO. 

Â