Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

Spoony

Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. Do you give Gabby/Lescott/Richards/Bacuna/Guzan a second chance?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe some of them (specify)

9 hours ago, Ogen said:

I have no idea why Bacuna is hated for saying he'd be willing to move back to Holland to play in the Champions League 

Timing in football like life is everything it's less what he said and more when he said it. It indicates a particular attitude plus you are forgetting the comments about him from Collymore which I think are also a factor.

It looks like they are going to get a 'second' chance - depending on:-

If anyone else is stupid enough to buy them......

and if they Impress during RDM'S training camp ! 

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

Good point made earlier. Richards went on holiday, which I believe he was allowed to do. Guzan was part of the disrespect shown in that cup game. Gets masked over because he was decent a few years ago. He shouldn't get away with it. Deserves to be lumped in with the bad group IMO. 

Richards was tweeting people telling them not to tag him in their pictures. Calling them "mugs" or something too.

"We deserve a holiday after a long hard season" wasn't it? When the season wasn't over. Great attitude that.

Coupled with his arm waving and general laziness on the pitch, I think his attitude has been the most disappointing out of everyone.

Guzan spat some chewing gum at the pitch. In a game where he was sub keeper and we'd already made 3 subs.

And that's his only indiscretion in 8 years at the club where he's been pretty much a model professional/

It's ridiculous to me that people think he's disrespected the club. He's been poor, but he doesn't deserve to be lumped in with the rest of that lot.

Edited by Stevo985

It's got little to do with individual indiscretions, for mine.

The players listed are the senior players who's influence over the side saw us produce our worst ever PL season. As a sign of intent to the rest of the squad with a new owner, manager and season: Move them all on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

It's got little to do with individual indiscretions, for mine.

The players listed are the senior players who's influence over the side saw us produce our worst ever PL season. As a sign of intent to the rest of the squad with a new owner, manager and season: Move them all on.

Pretty much this.

But if you wanted a masss clearout and a complete team rebuilding,  was RDM really the man for that ? - He's a well respected nice guy - I was pretty sure when he got the job that he adopt this pragmatic approach - he simply hasn't restructured a club before. By his own word 'i ve worked with difficult dressing rooms before and always managed to get them working' 

I think a lot will be driven on which players we get bids for - RDM will try and cobble something together with whats left - Can't see it working myself. But we knew what were getting when RDM got the job.

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Pretty much this.

But if you wanted a masss clearout and a complete team rebuilding,  was RDM really the man for that ? - He's a well respected nice guy - I was pretty sure when he got the job that he adopt this pragmatic approach - he simply hasn't restructured a club before. By his own word 'i ve worked with difficult dressing rooms before and always managed to get them working' 

I think a lot will be driven on which players we get bids for - RDM will try and cobble something together with whats left - Can't see it working myself. But we knew what were getting when RDM got the job.

I wonder if the size of the transfer kitty has a bearing on this? Might RDM be tempted to move them on if he can land targets for them all?

3 minutes ago, ozvillafan said:

I wonder if the size of the transfer kitty has a bearing on this? Might RDM be tempted to move them on if he can land targets for them all?

Going by the links so far (which I agree isn't overly reliable) he's not behaving like a manager with cash to burn. 

He isnt going to say he doesnt want them before he has had the chance to line up replacements.

We should only keep them if we can not get anything better.

Personally would want them all out and rebuild.  Bit like the gutting jobs Taylor and Big Ron did.

We need to build a team and players such as Richards maybe talented but they do not want to fit into a designated system of play.

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Going by the links so far (which I agree isn't overly reliable) he's not behaving like a manager with cash to burn. 

We're in the Championship. What did you expect? Decent links for building a squad to get us promoted IMO

10 hours ago, hippo said:

Pretty much this.

Personally speaking I think RDM (with Clarke and Bond) are well suited to do this kind of rebuild.  They have an enormous amount of experience and knowledge between them.

Edited by Gary Thomas

On 19 June 2016 at 10:02, AndyBM said:

sometimes in your job you will lose interest and know your time is up, its time to move on, even though your work mates might want you to stay… Things have gone stale.

13445530_1791454384418417_38888514911480

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Personally speaking I think RDM (with Clarke and Bond) are well suited to do this kind of rebuild.  They have an enormous amount of experience and knowledge between them.

Really ????

Where have any of them done a rebuild ? 

26 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really ????

Tim Sherwood did a "rebuild" so maybe we should get him back?

I think the idea of a rebuild is much less important than getting promoted as soon as possible. Much easier to attract good players when you have premier league football to offer at a club that has upward momentum. 

I'm sure that will be Di Matteo's main remit and he will be focused on that rather than slaking the fans' thirst for vengeance against the old squad and/or excitement in the transfer market. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I think the idea of a rebuild is much less important than getting promoted as soon as possible. Much easier to attract good players when you have premier league football to offer at a club that has upward momentum. 

I'm sure that will be Di Matteo's main remit and he will be focused on that rather than slaking the fans' thirst for vengeance against the old squad and/or excitement in the transfer market. 

Well promotion has to be the measure.

What I fear is that RDM will see the need for the rebuild during the season.....and will then start talking about what a mess he walked into, and how these things take time....etc....

Promotion - do or do not - there is no try ! 

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Really ????

48 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I am not sure it is correct to assume that just because someone has done it once before (Sherwood or whoever) they are better qualified and more likely to be successful. Doing it once does not make anyone an expert, although I accept people can learn from the experience.  But even then every club, squad and situation is totally different - I doubt anyone would have inherited a squad like Villa in our circumstances.  What is more important to me are good fundamentals e.g. having good networks and knowing  players who could improve us; knowing the championship; being able to offer very high quality coaching and management.  My feeling is RDM, Clarke and Bond, between them, have these fundamentals and I feel quite confident about them as a team, particularly RDM and Clarke.  I would also add I don't buy this argument that bringing in 6-8 good players and integrating them is as hard as everyone suggests.  We are not starting from a blank page.  We have some good players, we just need to buy some more and get them firing together.   There is no reason why RDM, Clarke and Bond cannot do that; they are certainly more qualified that Sherwood.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Sherwood and/or Riley brought in a load of seemingly random players - some of whom may come good - but there was no structure to it.  They weren't bought to fit into a style of play or system.  Sherwood then tried all the systems he could think of until he was sacked.  

I sincerely hope that RDM and his team will go about it in a completely different way - say they fancy keeping Gestede, then I would expect a couple of wide men who can cross the ball.  Building a squad should be relatively simple.  This is how we are going to play > these are the type of players we need.  It's not rocket surgery.

15 hours ago, heid3ster said:

I was going to write a big long detailed response addressing each player and specific reasons, but screw it -- my answer is no.

This.

I'd rather poop in my hands and do full on, clap above my head star jumps than watch these miserable millionaires ruin the Villa park pitch. 

We need a team to get us out of the Chumpinship and then by and large a different team to keep us in the Premier League ..and then a different team to take us to the Top of World football :) 

for Phase one , Bacuna and Richards are probably good enough and could stay and thus we can spend the money in more pressing areas  .. saying that Richards is probably still enough of a name to command a fee from a mug like Fat Sam , so if we can get £3 - £5m for him rip their arms off

Gabby I think has lost the hunger for the game and should retire

Guzan lost his confidence and although he appears to have got it back playing for the US , one mistake and everyone will be all over him , so it's best he moves on

Lescott doesn't even warrant a reply 

• Like 1

Â